Our famous Wanaka Highlights Safari departs daily at 8:30am, 10:00am and 1:30pm. We can also take trips at a time that suits you and your group if we have availability. You will be picked up from Outside the Wanaka i-site at 103 Ardmore Street, this is where your tour will begin.
Join our expert local guide, climb aboard a comfortable 4WD and experience a taste of Wanaka’s spectacular lakeside scenery and insight into real farming life. Journey into the mountains exploring life behind the scenes of West Wanaka Station an authentic alpine mountain farm bordering the snow-capped peaks and glaciers of Mt Aspiring National Park and overlooking sparkling Lake Wanaka. From feeding Alpaca, sheep and horses, seeing Red Deer, Angus cattle in their natural environment to views across to LOTR and Hobbit film locations this will be an absolute highlight of your holiday.
• Wanaka’s finest lakeside viewpoints
• Short 4WD journey through West Wanaka Station
• Feed farm animals – sheep and alpaca
• Mountain-top panoramic views
• Expert local New Zealand guides
Duration: At the end of your Safari we will return you to back to the Wanaka i-site approximately 2.5 hours from pick up time.
• Winter times may vary please enquire
• Minimum numbers apply - 2 adults.
What to Bring:
• Sturdy Footwear
• Warm clothes, especially in winter
• Water bottle