Half-Day Guided Bicycle Tour of Penang Countryside
By Asian Overland Services Tours & Travel Sdn. Bhd
Ages 7-80, max of 7 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide and driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Explore Balik Pulau
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Surcharge apply for Pick-up from hotels located in Butterworth / Seberang Jaya
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Swettenham Pier Cruise Terminal, 1, Jalan Tun Syed Sheh Barakbah, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5772P60
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Drinking water, hat/cap, sunglasses and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Kids bicycle subject to availability
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travellers
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5772P60
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.Explore other options
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Explore Balik PulauStop: 3 hours - Admission includedPedal in the morning at a leisurely pace and smell the aroma of spices growing in the fresh countryside. Cycle past riverbanks while your guide shares how Penang's rice cultivation process evolved over time. Visit a fishing village and see how fishermen bring in their catch of the day as they tie up their boats on the shore. Upon arrival at the Malay village of Kampung Terang, see a scattering of colonial-era buildings mingled with traditional houses built on stilts and inhabited by extended families. Your guide will inform you about the history and cultural heritage of Penang. Adjourn to a nearby mangrove forest to study the different species of mangrove and spot migratory birds and mud crabs.Read morePass byAsian Overland Services Tours & Travel Sdn. Bhd
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Our guide, Sazali, from Asian Overland Tour, was friendly and knowledgeable. The caves themselves are also interest…
Pretty normal cable car entrance. No plastic water bottles allowed on ride, but available at the top. Weird. The…
Terrible! Don’t book this tour! 1. They called one night before to informed they don’t have enough your car to ca…
Niah Caves Exploration
The caves were interesting and I learnt a lot ! My tour guide Charlie Sazali (from Asia Overland Tour) was really f…
One of the worse experience that I have had. The tripadvisor didn’t send me the last version of ticket, imagine we …
Wow! What a magnificient view
Love the oriental village even though most of the shops were still closed. Enjoyed the cable car - it is indeed the…
Was brilliant. Loved the monkeys, such a great experience. Fireflies were impressive. Beautiful spot for dinner.
Wonderful & lovely, everyone should visit this beautiful place in the capital of Malaysia We will enjoy.
The trip was amazing, and our guide as well. He was right on time and he knew many interesting facts about the natu…
Pleasant and enjoyable!
We had to book hotel accommodation and travel insurance for the Langkawi Travel Bubble last minute from Thailand. …
outstanding travel agent
I ( Deepal Sanmayamanthrei ) stayed in Bayview hotel Langkawi for eight days. The friendliness, professionalism , …
Fun Place to be
3D Art museum is one of the combo packages you can choose for the cable car ride. Good place for any ages and level…
Beautiful Scenic view of Burau Bay
Been here many times during hot day the view of Burau Bay simply breathtaking and refreshing. But this time it was …
very fun and nice
Got a lot of water activity can play at there. There also got animal park. Is very fun when play at ther and very h…
Wonders of Asia
The Niah Caves are, for those interested in anthropology, one of the wonders of Asia. It is also a stunning cave c…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was a fab way to see the side of Penang life you don’t usually get to see. Coming from the UK we felt a bit strange staring at peoples homes. But very interesting and our guide Eddie was very knowledgeable. We started at the Audi dream farm (although he picked us up from our residence and drove us all the way there) and then cycled around to a fishing village and a goat farm. Everyone was very friendly. Take loo roll, hand gel, water and plenty of mozzie spray. Kids really enjoyed it too. Drove us home. 👍🏻
Written 13 April 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear nic_hipBedford Thank you for review and your feedback about Eddie, we are glad you enjoyed the tour, we look forward to welcoming you back to Malaysia the near future.
Written 16 April 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.