This tour allow you to choose the attractions that you like, not like the can approach of a fixed itinerary tour. For a 7 hours visit from ship or hotel or airport, you choose some 5-8 attractions to go from the list in "tour details". You choose the place and decide on the you time needed. Either you go deep into selected location, or you can just stop by the corner to take photos from the outside not needing enter the attraction, you made your own decision. If mobility is a concern, you can choose to circulate the Penang Island and take in the view from the comfort of air-conditioned car. If you could not decide on where to go or what to do, let our licensed tour guide choose it for you. The tour guide cum driver, will accompany you into all attractions and give commentary on the go. Penang is Marvel for you to discover.!
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Licensed Tourist Guide
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel/Airport/Port Pickup and Drop off
- Parking Fee
- Food and Drink
- Entrance Fees
- Train / Lift Fee
- Entry/Admission - Penang Hills
- Entry/Admission - Khoo Kongsi
- Entry/Admission - Tropical Spice Garden
- Entry/Admission - Entopia
- Entry/Admission - Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Penang Intl Airport, Malaysia
- Swettenham Pier Cruise Terminal, 1, Jalan Tun Syed Sheh Barakbah, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 130873P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up?
- How much is Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up?
- Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up price starts from RM 704.66. Discover and book Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up on Tripadvisor
- What is the Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up cancellation policy?
- Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up?
- Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up is hosted by TEOH SHAN TATT TIGER. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact TEOH SHAN TATT TIGER on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 130873P4
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Kek Lok Si TempleStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2George TownStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Reclining Buddha Wat ChaiyamangalaramStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4Dhammikarama Burmese TempleStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Khoo KongsiStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 6Snake TempleStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 7Gurney DriveStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 8Penang Batik FactoryStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 9Tropical Spice GardenStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 10Tan JettyStop: 30 minutesSee details
See 3 more stops
About the operator
TEOH SHAN TATT TIGER
George Town, Malaysia
Joined in February 2020
#10 of 30 Food & Drink in George Town
- Ghurah00Amazing guide and food culture"Going on the food tour with Tiger was seriously amazing! He took us on a wild food adventure through Penang, starting with mind-blowing nasi kandar that set the bar high. Then, he surprised us with a cool forest picnic that was just so different and fun, showing that Tiger knows how to keep things exciting. We continued the experience with a visit to the enlightening Arulmigu Balathandayuthapani Temple and incredible views of Penang and the monkeys ! Tiger didn't hold back - he kept it real with his thoughts on everything. His passion for Penang’s cuisine and and the way he shared his knowledge about the culture and history made the whole experience even better. He knows all the secret spots to find the best of the best in Penang. We felt like we were in on all the delicious secrets and soaked up the local culture. Tiger was our guide and our friend, making sure we got the most out of every bite and moment. From our lunch to the forest picnic to finishing with a delicious Ramly Burger, Tiger made sure we savored every second. No doubt about it, Tiger made our food tour the highlight of our trip!”
- Itsameeracle9100The food and culture tour to beatTiger is amazing. As a native New Yorker, I can easily say this was the most interesting and thoughtfully planned tour that I have ever been on. From start to finish he made us feel so comfortable and welcomed in this beautiful city. We started with a flawless pick up and he thoughtfully gave us both new reusable water bottles to take on future adventures... Very thoughtful and environmentally conscious. We started with lunch, where he explained everything to us and we learned a lot about culture and history on the way. We saw many local places where Malaysians go, we learned about various plants and berries in the rainforest, and there was always an interesting tidbit along the way. Next we were happily surprised by a picnic with a lovely view and more education on Malaysian lifestyle followed by a visit to a Hindu temple and of course followed by more food at a Chinese hawker. Of course tiger was nice enough to send us home with a snack and was so thoughtful in giving us suggestions for the next day. I wish I could have the chance to see the rest of this beautiful place with him.
- Kate C00Live…and eat like a local in Penang!This was a great experience, and far more than a standard food tour. First of all, rest assured that you will have plenty of tasty treats throughout the tour and will end the day stuffed, but more importantly Tiger is absolutely committed to helping you live like a local for the day in Penang. He went out of his way to bring us places that we never would have found on our own while providing lots of information and context to understand the local culture(s) in Penang. The tour is well paced with breaks between “meals” for transport between spots, walks, and visits to places of interest waaay off the tourist track. Oh, and all of the food is delicious, AND thoughtfully paired with unique local beverages. Tiger’s enthusiasm to share his knowledge and local insights made the time fly by—and he even dropped us off with a goodie bag so we didn’t miss our final bedtime snack! We couldn’t have asked for a better guide to help us eat our way through a day in Penang. You won’t be disappointed if you book this experience!
- rebeccamX8466SQ00Local Food Tour with TigerAmazing insights of the local culture! We tried lots of different foods accompanied by detailed and interesting stories. In between dishes we drove around to significant sites and Tiger would take us on fun and informative walking tours. Tiger is an outstanding guide!
- Keith H00Amazing Fun TourWe would highly recommend everyone do this food tour. It is not your usual tour. Yes lots of local food but some beautiful walks. Loved going up to the massive temple and what other guide would take you on a picnic with savory local nibbles, the most delicious cakes, coffee and of course Milo. Tiger is awealth of knowledge and heaps of fun. Thank You so much. See you again.
- Kriss H00Great fun timeBoy I would recommend everyone do this tour. The wealth of information and local food was exceptional. Who serves you a little picnic with nibbles, delicious cakes, coffee and Milo. Did walks to various attractions we would never have seen. The food was so varied loved it.Tiger is such fun to be with. We can't thank him enough.
- nataliesW6126IU00Fantastic tour experience with TigerIt was a fantastic experience. Tiger was well informed, and I’ve learned so many new things about Malaysia and especially about Penang. The whole tour was perfectly organized. If I come back to Penang, I would book another tour.
- henrihlars00Exceptional Food Tour ExperienceGreat Experience, learned a lot from Tiger, he has thought us the difference of culture and food. Picnic by the Hill side was one of the best experience on the food tour
- steoh8300Great and exceptional and excellent food experience..!!!!I should said, before the tour i have not much expectation. With the thought of it might be just the same eating tour. However i was wrong.. the food experience provide by tiger was excellent, i learned so much on the culture and the history of the penang street food. This is penang is known as the food paradise. The whole tour was exceptional with breaks in between and we got to visit a few sites as well. This make us to have breaks of eating in between so that we could treasure the food more. So if u all are coming to penang, make sure book this food experience with tiger..
- cynthiawZ5860OD00Walking tour PenangThe tour guide tiger was well informed and made the tour interesting and memorable Would highly recommend him
- Adventuresbyl-m00History & culture walk in the old cityAn informative morning with an entertaining knowledgable guide, soaking up lots of local info. What's not to like?
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jun 2022 • Friends
Tiger is truly passionate about being a tour guide! Not only that he is a wonderful person and treats his guests with the utmost attention and care. If you want a guided tour look no further. You can tell that he does his homework and wants to be a tour guide to share his love of Penang. Here is a selfie photo of our group enjoying Durian, but we also visited kek lok si and other places. Oh and I almost forgot to mention he is a true food gourmet- you won't regret trying his recommendations :)
Written 24 June 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.