We have wanted to travel along this drive for some years now and have just done it. A very scenic place to spend some time travelling and enjoying the coastline of our country... read more
Grand Pacific Drive is a 140km coastal drive, starting just 45 minutes...
Grand Pacific Drive is a 140km coastal drive, starting just 45 minutes south of Sydney, NSW, Australia in the beautiful Royal National Park.
Driving scenery includes, coastal rainforests to quaint villages and over the iconic Sea Cliff Bridge. The drive heads into Wollongong then through to Shellharbour, Kiama and the Shoalhaven. Experience ‘beyond’ into the scenic Southern Highlands, Batemans Bay, Canberra, the greater South Coast and onto Melbourne.
- Driving through the Royal National Park is free. Fee of $12.00 applies if stopping to enjoy this picturesque playground.
- Parking for the Sea Cliff Bridge can be found north of the Bridge at Leeder Park or Coalcliff Beach.
- Free Parking at all beaches along the Grand Pacific Drive
Wollongong offers free on-street parking on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Keep a look out for the many information centers along the Grand Pacific Drive.
- Sea Cliff Bridge: Premier Bus # 2 from Coalcliff to Wollongong and return. Closet Train station is Coalcliff with an 800 walk to the start of the Sea Cliff Bridge on the Northern Side.