- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Just a superb view of the fjords. Bonus is that you are able to experience this view by driving up the road for a few kilometres and although we would have loved to do some hiking in the park (there are many beautiful hikes that I read about), we were pressed for time and as such, really appreciated this viewpoint. The only downside was the rather ugly electrical tower which seem so ubiquitous throughout Quebec. Go down the path—there are three different platform viewpoints.Written 3 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great variety of tracks for all levels. Even a superG. Many activities for children during the spring break: skating, tobogganing, movies, ...Written 22 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Faubourg covered bridge, located at L'Anse-Saint-Jean, was built in 1929, but was washed away twice by the river. The current work is a replica of the first bridge and contains works of art painted by local artists. It is best to park at either end of the bridge and take your time walking through and enjoy the artwork
The history of the Faubourg Bridge began on August 17, 1928, following the decision of the Mayor of L'Anse-Saint-Jean, Mr. Edouard Harvey, to build a bridge to establish a permanent communication between the inhabitants on both sides of the river.
This bridge appeared on the back of the $1000 Canadian dollar bill, running from 1954 until 1992. The illustration also shows the river and the surrounding hills. The drawing was made from a photograph taken by Mr. Max Saver. Curiously, it was not until 1972 that the citizens of L'Anse-Saint-Jean realized that their village appeared behind the $ 1000 bill. An understandable fact considering the relatively rare use of one thousand dollar bills.
For a great view of the bridge and surrounding country side, climb to the top of the nearby lookout point.Written 20 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great time! The 3-hour tour was well worth it! The horses are beautiful and super well-mannered! The owner is very knowledgeable and was kind. I’d recommend this activity as a fun way of seeing the countryside.Written 8 July 2020
- This is quite the place with so much to do.
There's the Saguenay St - Lawrence Marine Park that includes the Saint-Jean Wharf with a ferry service to Tadoussac and the possibility of whale watching, a leisurely cruise to see the Saguenay fjord or simply a boat/sightseeing tour. You can rent a kayak to go where you please or participate in a zodiac excursion. Then there are special places to visit like L'Anse de Tabatiere where you can actually drive to within 500 metres of the Saguenay fjord and those special vistas. To get there you pass the unique covered bridge - the Pont du Faubourg and those wonderful paintings. Need more? How about renting a horse to ride along the water? There are many unique places to eat, drink and be merry and wonderful bed and breakfasts.
If you are here in winter you can even go dog-sledding, snowboarding or skiing on Mont Edouard.....Written 12 July 2017
- I went on a 3 day kayaking expedition, 2 nights of camping and truly delicious food. The owner Myriam is very quick to respond to my many questions. Our guide Genevieve was fun, but also professional. All of the equipment was top-notch and the scenery was fantastic. Highly recommended.Written 3 September 2022
- The hosts are very welcoming and friendly. They will help you with anything you need or any question you have and make good suggestions.I also enjoyed knowing more about the dogs and how they work during the winter.Great spot for hiking in this beautiful area. The place itself is very clean and relaxing.Written 23 June 2021
- My fiancé and I had an amazing time sailing with Voile Mercator in the fjord! It was so fun to learn how to sail and how a sailboat works. Margaret and Sophie were very kind and great teachers! Our 3hour sailing experience with them exceeded our expectations.Written 17 August 2022
- The whole family enjoyed this 2-hour nature trip. The old military vehicle was a great addition to the experience, as well as the two wonderful dogs that (optionally) accompanied us. Our host was friendly, entertaining and very knowledgeable. Highly recommended!Written 31 July 2021
- Graham was super nice and helpful. His bikes were cool and awesome to ride. Definitely a must do in the area.Written 29 July 2021
- The fjord du Saguenay is incredible as seen from the top of the capes but what about from water level ? It also looks great althought not as majestic. The one and a half hour tour from L’Anse Saint Jean and back was just what I wanted: a midday small adventure. Being on the water was a nice change of pace from the hicking. On this tour you pass by the two most beautifuls capes : eternité and trinité. The guide gave a nice talk mixing geology and local folklore.Written 3 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about L'Anse-Saint-Jean