Wineries & Vineyards • Castles
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A must do visit. A second growth that refreshingly welcomes visitors, particularly if staying in the Maison Estournel nearby. We were shown around by an highly informed guide, bubbly with enthusiasm and pride, who showed us the garden, the winery the barrel room and then shared some of their outstanding wines, a couple with some age.Written 12 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very knowledgeable guide with pretty good English. We appreciated the video as part of the tour as it was super helpful for context and the images were rather informative. We also enjoyed seeing how the temperatures and humidity are monitored on the computer. We found the property more human vs others we’ve seen in the area and loved that the owner and his dog swung by our tasting to say hello. Also, selling the demi bottles is a plus, accessibility to try different vintages!Written 22 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were lucky to be told by the owner of the tea salon that the church of St Estèphe is worth a visit. It certainly is, a little baroque jewel with some beautiful reliefs and paintings. So when in ST Estèphe, after the wine tasting, go to the church for some fine art.Written 5 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The winery visit and the wine tasting was satisfactory. The guide knew very well the process. The wine tasting was done without changing the glasses!!! That was not a good thing.Written 11 September 2022
- Being onboard one of two aircraft moving in three dimensions and playing with speed and kinetic head is unique and amazing, inevitable for everybody interested in history and physics of aerial combat. The sensation of acceleration is far beyond roller coaster or any fun ride feeling. Combined with an awesome panorama, the excitement of dogfight leaves nothing to be desired.
Many thanks to Laurent and Christophe for this unforgetable experience.
Kind Regards, DietmarWritten 4 September 2016
- We arrive in time for our visit, scheduled a week in advance and are taken to the fermentation stills right away (it's raining,so we skip the vines visit). Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot, some small quantities of the other two grapes of the area. We are witnessing the entire production process while all our questions are answered in detail. This ends up with tasting of their first and second wine, with the Grand Cru being clearly superior, as expected. You can buy direct and we do. There is no cost to you.Written 24 May 2017
- We had the wonderful chance to not only have a site-inspection followed by
a delicious wine-tasting. But most of all we had the chance to have lunch
with Mrs Veronique Dausse, General Manager of Phelan Segur. Incidentially
she had to jump in for the lunch - since one of her staff was ill. We spent a
wonderful 2h with Mrs Dausse - who gave us a lots of additional insights on the
history of Phelan Segur. We had a wonderful time with you. Thank you once
again Mrs Dausse.Written 18 November 2019
- Really enjoyed this visit. Have been lucky enough to have been to chateau’s in Medoc, Pessac, St Emilion, Pomerol, Burgundy and further afield. Our host Marc really did a great job taking us through the growing and production process. My sister had visited two weeks earlier & said the same thing. Will definitely buy the wine…same terroir as the adjoining Grand Cru’s with a much better price point. Chapeaux.Written 5 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint-Estephe
- The best day trips from Saint-Estephe according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- On the Medoc Castle Route on a full day private tour (Premium Sedan)
- Medoc Region Private Sightseeing & Wine Day Trip with Tasting from Bordeaux
- Private tour and visits on the Medoc Castle Route (Luxury Minivan)
Saint-Estephe Attractions Information