Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks
Top Attractions in Slavonia
What travellers are saying
- Small boat tour was the high point of our visit. The quiet electric boat doesn't overly disturb the natural life, so we were able to see a lot of birds and even a čagalj on the coast. The guide is welcoming and knowledgeable.Written 7 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful Cathedral in the center of Osijek, it is also massive from the inside and has many altars, beautiful painted windows and a painted roof. Worth visiting definitely.Written 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This ‘monument’ is a representation of the Croatian people fighting for independence. It is a symbol of their struggle to achieve a country of their own and therefore it is well worth visiting.Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very great shopping mall with variety of option, the only missing thing is a play area where you can leave your kids for an hour or so.Written 25 September 2022
- An impressive and sad landmark. However, it is still carrying hope as the information displayed inside is showing the re-birth of a city destroyed by war. The views from the top of the tower are amazing.Written 25 August 2022
- Eltz Manor is an 18th century Baroque palace that was heavily damaged in the 1991 war. It has been restored and is now the Vukovar City Museum. Worth a visit -- inside and out.Written 9 June 2022
- This cathedral is really lovely. There was virtually no one there when we visited, and it was so peaceful and beautiful. The whole area of Slavonia is underrated, in my opinion. There are a lot of nice old buildings in the area, the countryside is stunning, and the people are friendly and welcoming.Written 14 August 2022
- Amazing place to visit with your kids, or friends, partner... There are so many animals, and also aquarium, This place is great for a visit if you like to take a long walk and enjoy watching all kinds of animals.Great place for taking photos. 10/10Written 28 January 2023
- Beautiful complex where you can meet the spirit of the past times, you can almost feel the soldiers walking around and hiding into destroyed walls... The playfull changing of light and shadow specially in the morning makes walking around the magic - bring your camera! :)Written 27 April 2022
- Friendly staff nice selection and a little off the tourist trail. Wanted some local beers and atmosphereWritten 13 October 2022
- It is quiet schocking to see all those tombs all with the same month of death in October / November 1991Written 28 February 2022
- We had a picture perfect morning to drive through this 1999 UNESCO Geopark. It's a fully wooded and curvy drive, passing the 12th C Ruzica Castle ruins, to the top viewpoint. Here is a stand with information signs on the 16th C Nicholas Monastery seen below as well as the long expansive view of the plain, the 16 million year old “Pannonian Sea”, encompassing all the level area of the Danube, Drava and Sava rivers and leaving the Papuk peak as an island. Quite amazing!Written 23 September 2021
- A tour and wine tasting at this old winery was as fun and entertaining a tour as we had hoped for. The tour began with an explanation of the history of the winery followed by a tour of the old brick lined and curved ceiling wine cellar. We then were seated at large picnic style tables and took part in a wine tasting which included detailed information on the wines. After that we took the opportunity to purchase wines at their store. Highly recommended activity.Written 29 November 2019
- After paying 60 hrk for 2 seniors and using the clean restrooms, we proceeded up the slow ramp that zig zags up through the museum. It climbs the Danube bluff where this culture lived in dense settlements of thatch covered ~ 500 sq. ft. “daub and wattle” huts. The archaeological finds are displayed or recreated to show how these 5’ 1” women and 5’4” men lived their lives by fishing, raising grain and cattle, making pottery, hide footwear, even copper axes, all predating the Greeks.
Excellent museum with plenty of English for 1-2 hours.Written 19 September 2021
- Do not need to talk a lot. It is a part of our history, and it needs to be remembered. Guy who is working there explained all to.us.. Just pray for those that arent with us..Written 1 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Slavonia
- The best day trips from Slavonia according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Croatian war story: hero city of Vukovar - full day tour from Zagreb
- Daytrip Zagreb- Kopacki rit- Osijek
- Private Day Trip to Stunning Slavonia from Zagreb
- Nature Park Papuk Full Day Trip from Zagreb
- Stunning Kopacki Rit Nature Park Full-day Private Tour from Zagreb
Slavonia Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 12:51 pm|