Top Attractions in Choeng Thale
What travellers are saying
- Such a wonderful experience, definitely a must do. Great facilities, well organised activities. I love that they have so much care and respect for the elephants. Great place, great experienceWritten 5 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Surin beach is pretty crowded, most likely due to being close to Patong. I drove up from Karon on a motorbike in about 45 minutes. Pretty easy drive, however there are some steep hills and windy roads along the way. Plenty of food and drink sellers. More than plenty, if you get my meaning. Public toilets are located a few hundred meters up from the beach, and although they are free, you might be better off holding it. No sinks to wash up afterwards either. Waves were coming in pretty hard and fast, so it’s not suitable for small children. Surfers were getting some pretty good rides, for this island. Jet skis were available for rent, which is normally a bad thing from my view, but they were so far offshore, and the noise from the waves so loud, that you really don’t notice the jet skis.Written 22 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I trained at Revolution Gym whilst I was holidaying in Phuket and I can not say enough about the professionalism of the coaches and the staff at Revolution Gym. Even though I had never trained in Muay Thai before, I was always made to feel welcome and it was amazing how much I improved in the short time I was there. The group and private sessions were always fun but also an awesome workout. Highly recommend Revolution Gym for all levels. The owner Tim is also a great guy and super friendly as well. I will definitely be back!!!Written 24 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is only a small sanctuary with one adult female elephant and three younger ones. We fed them, washed them, covered them in mud and scrubbed them clean. The guides gave us plenty of information and fed us at the end of the visit. What made this exceptional was the elephants themselves. There was absolutely no doubt that these elephants werer well cared for and happy. No goads. Only voice commands and fingertip guidance. The younger elephnats were cheeky and playful and just seemed to be having a wonderful time. This sanctuary only takes two groups a day as far as I know. My husband has very limited mobility but everyone took great care to ensure he participatted as much as possible. Helping him to stand when necessary. The site is a little bumpy but mainly accessible.Written 12 April 2020
- Our first experience of a night market in Thailand. Great set up, lots of food to choose from and other crafted items. Food was great (tasting and value) and a good vibe around the place. There’s actually lots of great bars and restaurants on Boat Avenue too that you don’t really notice with the market there, worth going back another night of the week too!Written 9 August 2022
- 100% recommend this experience. Great fun and kids had the beat time as did we. Food is also delicious and they cater for all dietary requirements. Make sure you tell the people you book the tour with.Written 25 September 2022
- Vastly better than Revolution Muay Thai (stay away from that place). I only had two sessions here but would definitely come back! Great location near Surin Beach. Coaches are fun and give great instruction. I did a private session with one of the trainers. Started with a warmup, then we just worked on technique without pads and gloves. Then we did a few pad rounds, and then drilled blocking kicks and countering with teeps. Lesson lasted the full hour.
I came for the morning group class the next day. There was only one other person so it was like having a semi private lesson! The class lasted about two hours. Started with running and jump rope and then some stretching. Then we did drilled some techniques and combinations on the bag. Then we did a few pad rounds, and then drilled kick catches, sweeps, and counters. Finished with some clinching and then stretching.
The woman that works at the shop is also very nice and friendly. Will definitely be coming back next time I am in Phuket.Written 22 May 2022
- FISH ON!!!!
I arranged to Visit the lake on 23rd December 2019,
I sent a mail in advance and Chris (owner) and I chatted on what’s app, he arranged pick up for me and my wife (she came to watch).
We were picked up on time and taken to the lake- 20 min after arrival I had rods in the water..
A full day of casting and fishing followed with help bank side from local guys baiting up the rods and helping landing any fish..
they will de rig anything that goes wrong and are lovely and friendly.
All on all a cracking day for the beginner to advanced fisherman...
And I landed a 40lb + carp. 👍👍Written 25 December 2019
- With all it’s hooky gear it’s more like Peckham - that’s the bad bit but the food stalls are fantastic - lots of things to see and well worth the seat patch due to the heat.Written 11 January 2020
- Really great place to relax for the day if you have children. Great pool! Great food, and lots of things to do.Written 9 August 2021
- Mudi has a good collection of carpets, crafts and various artifacts. Some hand made collectives were pretty good. Very fine work done on them. Men can skip this as doesn't appeal much to us but women.Written 30 June 2019
- Very big complex, it includes a water park with huge pool and many restaurants and shops. On Saturday there is a market that worth the visitWritten 29 January 2022
- Great gallery with some lovely artworks.
Helpful staff and they do export to your country if you are a tourist and would like the piece that you bought, sent back to your country.Written 13 February 2019
- I have been going here for training for the past six months and enjoy it every single time. It's an incredible yet well supervised workout which will get your body sweating and pumping and learning new moves and techniques like you have never experienced before.
My trainer is and expert who takes his job to heart and delivers it with passion and character; you will not be disappointed.
Training here has changed my body from the inside out and given it new strength and control. Even my general posture has improved and friends keep telling me how much I have changed for the better.
Highly recommended!Written 5 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Choeng Thale
- The best day trips from Choeng Thale according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Phang Nga Bay Starlight by John Gray Sea Canoe
- Phi Phi & Bamboo Islands Full-Day Tour by Speedboat From Phuket
- Hype Luxury Boat Club
- Surin Islands - The Snorkeling Experience from Phuket
- Waterfall Trail and Sea Canoe