What travellers are saying
- It was hard , actually not hard but it was toughest. All you do is leg exercise for 6 hours back to back. Your legs are killed. But all you experience is heart touching. You will never forget this. People you meet. The kindness of them. Nature's beauty 😍Written 14 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Deer cave is the 2nd largest chamber cave in the world. Its amazing to see all the bats cluster together and in the evening fly out togfly out together for food.
However be prepare to walk inside cave with some up and down steps.Written 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For the world's cavers, Clearwater Cave is a six-star attraction! At 237 kilometers of mapped passages, it stands among the top-10 longest caves of the world and because of its huge passages (high and wide), it is reputed to be the largest cave in the world by volume. Beyond its sheer size, Clearwater is spectacular with its large stream flowing through it (even crossed by an impressive underground bridge) and its many attractive speleothems. The huge rooms, high ceilings, and large columns are indeed jaw-dropping. Visitors will again and again be unable to suppress their expressions of "WOW!"
After reaching the entrance site by boat, the cave itself is easily accessed by climbing some 200 steps. The well maintained trails inside are easy to manage and the lighting is good. The park officials offer adventure caving for more experienced cavers eager to see some of the off-trail highlights beyond the show cave portion.
Wind Cave is actually connected to Clearwater Cave and considered part of the same system, but is entered by a separate nearby entrance. It has about 350 meters of well-maintained trails in the show cave portion and a huge natural skylight as its attraction.Written 24 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Mulu Canopy Walk is reputed to be the longest in the world (perhaps no longer, after being shortened a bit due to a tree fall a few years ago?) at around 420 meters in length, and including some 14 separate bridge sections. The walkway is suspended on cables spanning from one massive tree to the next, about 25-30 meters above the ground. The walkway is wobbly of course, but once visitors get used to it, it is easy to relax and enjoy the unique perspective on the tropical rain forest. Highly recommended.Written 24 August 2023
- Did the 4D3N Mt Mulu trek in Mid May. It was a strenuous but generally safe trek. i would like to express my heartfelt thanks to my guide Mr. Christian and our porter (a very young man in his 20s) for making the trek possible and enjoyable for us. Christian who speaks excellent English is a very experienced guide and possesses a wealth of knowledge about the history, culture, flora and fauna of the area. He took great care of us during the hike, making sure that we were sound and good throughout the hike. Ask for Christian to be your personal guide if you happen to visit the national park!Written 22 May 2019
- What an amazing route! This isn't a showcave, so there's no lights and no walkways. There's a bit of easy rock climbing on very slippery rock, and a few tight spaces. We all switched out headlamps off at one point just to experience the absolute darkness - which was insane! The guides are very knowledgeable and informative, and the price is very reasonable all things considered. If you are scared of the dark, tight spaces, snakes, centipedes or spiders - probably not for you (or do it anyway and challenge your fears). I went in December 2018, but they don't let you backdate reviews that far.Written 10 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Gunung Mulu National Park
- The best outdoor activities in Gunung Mulu National Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Gunung Mulu National Park on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Gunung Mulu National Park with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Gunung Mulu National Park on Tripadvisor
Gunung Mulu National Park Attractions Information
|Friday 12:32 am|