Top Attractions in Tanah Rata
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Stopped at the Second Bharat Tea Shop (TS2). It was quite crowded as holiday season, but did not have to wait long to order food ( cream tea). Scones and carrot cake were good. Tea shop has a great panoramic view and for RM3 per person you can descend to the tea garden to walk some trails and visit various photo stops.Written 6 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After reading the article "a complete hiking guide to Cameron highlands" from "bucketlistly blog", we decided to do the same trail as the blogger (a combination of trail 10 and 6), you'll find the circuit and the other trails in details on the blog...
The moderate hike in the forest was really nice, but once at the top, we found that the view was spoiled by some big buildings.
On our way down, we went throught trail 6, its first part was steep and very narrow as said in the article. At the end of the hike, we passed throught a tea plantation and because it is a private property, we had to pay 3Rm per person for passing from there.
The view of the tea plantations was nice but having seen many gorgeous ones in Sri Lanka, i should say that it was not that attracting for us. (Maybe we just became a little hard to please!)Written 14 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Large place, should grow more plants and flowers.
There are rare plants and flowers. Highly recommend to spend 2 to 3 hrs thereWritten 27 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice surprise to find such a vast range of different flowers. Expecting the usual small garden we paid the entrance (RM5) to go into the garden area. Very nice and the range of flowers is fascinating. Be aware that there are many steps so not really suitable for those with mobility issues.Written 31 October 2021
- It’s a nice waterfall after about 500m walking from parking lot.
The waterfall is fine, might be better at raining season.
The walk is not very easy, plenty of waste around and the water is stinkyWritten 5 February 2020
- Starting at the Smokhouse Hotel alongside the golfcourse. Follow trail 3. Maps.me shows the route very well indeed. We heard trail 7 would be quite hard to go down with a lot of plants hiding the path. So we took trail 8 all the way down. Without any problem. But I guess in rainy weather conditions may be more difficult!!!Written 11 December 2019
- This is a lovely church on top of a hill in Tanah Rata. Free to visit for public. Garden is well kept and place is breezy. We attended Sunday mass here at 8.30am. A serene and relaxing place, perfect for meditation.Written 27 April 2020
- We visited this farm on Thursday (27/8/20) evening around 6 pm. We were lucky because there was no crowd. Many plants in the farm but they were all small plants. Entry to pick strawberries is rm35 for 2 pax and a box of strawberries for free. Nothing very exciting except the strawberry juice. It was marvelous with no sugar added at rm5 only. Pancake with strawberry filling is nice if eaten hot.Written 29 August 2020
- A small path surrounded by different flowers, trees and vines, which gave a very pleasant feeling. It's like walking among a maintained mini forest. A short but enjoyable visit.Written 10 July 2017
- One of the first attraction as you come up from Simpang Pulai. Good place to stop for toilet breaks and a number of things for kids to enjoy including paddle boat, feed the animals, grapes and strawberry, bird cage and used to have a small lavender farm (but now closed for renovation).
Food here looks attractive but slighty pricey but you will still see lots of people eating.
Attached to it is the Avani Chocolate Factory and Outlet.Written 24 December 2019
- Trails 10+6 are often offered together with a guide: they say it takes around 5 hours and that it’s difficult to follow.
Actually it’s quite easy to do it on your own, it takes around 2.5 hours. Just download maps.me just in case, because there aren’t any signs for trail 6.Written 2 March 2020
- Nearest & easy access location in Tanah Rata to every where. Between five or teen minutes walkway from the other city's public facilities (bank, post, stores, cafe, accommodation, tour operator etc). Also the staff friendly & on time bus departure.Written 23 November 2019
- I've been visiting Cameron Highlands almost yearly since I was small.
Until just recently we discovered this hidden gem which is striving to preserve our very own Malaysian Cultural Heritage about Mah Meri, an unique Aboriginal tribe in Malaysia.
They had a small collection of amazing wooden masks and statue wholely handcrafted with just simple tools. All mask's attached jaw is a seperate mov able part, which I find quite different compared to masks from other culture.
We are fascinated by their beautiful arts and find it meaningful to learn something new about our native culture!
If you liked cultural arts, I would say this gallery is very enjoyable.Written 26 March 2020
- We started this trail from Arcadia cottage. I advise you download maps.me app which is a fantastic offline maps app for using in Malaysia. This helped us find the trails so well as we would’ve really struggled without, as some parts of the trail are very overgrown and difficult to follow. You need good walking boots or shoes, plenty of water and insect repellant. The trails are tough going and you need to be quite fit, but it was really rewarding and so much fun to do something different!Written 3 May 2018
- Crowd with visitor during my visit. Strawberry was not allowed during my visit due to strawberry plant still growing its fruit. A little bit disappointed. However, we tried their signature dishes such as 'Teh Tarik Strawberi', 'Nasi Lemak Strawberi' and Scones. Absolutely delicious and price is reasonable too.Written 20 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tanah Rata
- The best day trips from Tanah Rata according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cameron Highlands Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur with Lunch (SIC - Shared Tours)
- Cameron Highland Best Tour from Ipoh Day Trip (Private)
- Private Full Day Cameron Highlands Nature Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Private Full Day Tour : Cameron Highlands with Batu Caves Stopover
- Cameron Highland Day Tour