- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- We stayed very close, at the Statia Lodge, and you could actually walk from there to this "little fort" at the southern most point of the road in Statia, though we drove as we visited it 3 if not 4 times actually - each time the views were different as you come here not just for the fort itself but the views of St Kitts and that changes with the weather pretty fast :)
This isn't a big object, it's basically a small wall with a couple canons appointed, though the breezes and views are what makes you not want to leave this place, so don't rush it or underestimate based on it's size - it's a very pleasant place to chill at!Written 4 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely wild turtle nesting beach - but sadly like most of Statia that is not in a national park the litter around the ‘car park’ area etc was bad. The beach needs cleaning too - hopefully that happens sometimes given the turtle nesting!
No swimming but good walking.Written 19 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The amount of sand on Oranje Bay varies from year to year depending on what the sea is doing, but there is always a small but pleasant beach area suitable for swimming at the northernmost end of Oranje Bay. This is the Caribbean side of the island, so the water is usually calm.
The beach is dark volcanic sand, but it is soft, and the water is warm. There is some shade from a large sea grape tree.
It's a good place to go for a swim.Written 11 July 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Clearly damaged by the hurricane and lacking in resources, it seems work is in progress to restore this to its former self. Do not expect a botanic garden per se - but great views and lots of red faced lizards are at hand.
A rough toad to get here but that may change with the big development in progress nearby.Written 19 November 2019