Points of Interest & Landmarks • Historic Walking Areas
Top Attractions in Port Isaac
What travellers are saying
- Port Isaac is lovely. What a beautiful place, well worth a visit especially if you’re a fan of the TV series “Doc Martin” Extremely picturesque.
For me the down side is because it’s a “working living harbour” you can’t actually go into any of the houses that are featured on the show.
The harbour is a steep walk down from the car park, so I would suggest wearing sensible footwear and be prepared for the walk.
Another negative point is the amount of litter; for a famous village, there’s very few litter bins.
There’s a few lovely little shops (but everything was quite pricey - to be expected for the area but if you’re on a budget it makes it difficult to enjoy the whole experience), the famous pub/restaurant that’s filmed on Doc Martin is a place to stop for a drink; if it’s a meal you want I would recommend booking in advance; alternately there is a fish and chip shop!
It’s not a place you would take very young children as there’s nothing for them (apart from the sweet shop in the harbour)
Stop and taste the gin too, it’s lovely (but again pricey)Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As did an earlier reviewer, we took the easy way from Port Quin to Port Isaac across the fields, which itself involved a total ascent (and descent) of 150 metres.
The return trip along the coast path was much longer and much more strenuous, involving many steps up and down, with the ascent / descent total coming to 300 metres. The views are great, and there are flowers and butterflies to be spotted on the way.Written 13 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove past this several times before stopping to have a look. We expected it to be locked, so we were pleasantly surprised to find it open, although you do need to give the door a good push. A very old building, a lot of history (detailed on a visitor’s card) and well worth a few minutes to call in.Written 23 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My 3rd visit, but never disappointed by the Katies, art work! I bought a lamp shade with the drawing of PT Isaac plat on it on the last visit I enjoy it so much. I didn't get to see Katie, but the man in there showed me how to adjust the shade inside when I got home. much appreciated! Beautiful gift selections in shades, aprons and cards too.Written 12 June 2022
- We had the best time kayaking with Charlie and Ollie. They were great fun, knowledgable and made us feel at ease. The trip was one of the hi-lights of our time in Cornwall and we couldn’t recommend them highly enough - great family activity!Written 12 August 2022
- We spent a wonderful 90 minutes with Mike who had been an extra on Doc Martin for all 9 seasons. He was a pleasure, informative not only about the show, the set, the actors and behind the scenes skuttlebut, but knowledgeable about the history of Port Issac too. We were American doing an 800 mile trip through the Southwest and Cornwall and this, along with our two night stay at the Schoolhouse, was a highlight of the trip……highly recommended…and ask for Mike!Written 8 November 2021
- Really informative tour, showing all the ‘need to see’ places from Doc Martin with some local history thrown in as well. Mike Meakins knows his stuff as he has worked with the cast and crew for a long time. Can answer any questions you have. Thoroughly recommend. Meets locally at ‘May Contain Nuts’ shop, just be aware to leave time to get parked as it’s busy. Also, it goes without saying, there are a few steep hills as you see in the tv show so don’t be surprised by this!Written 12 July 2022
- Listened to them sing at the sea shanty festival, was awesome to listen to them. A great group of people, friendly too…..Written 18 September 2021
- I wandered into this shop with no expectations- I was very pleased with what I found. Lovely art pieces to enjoy and buy, arranged in beautiful settings.Written 30 April 2022
- Very nice ice cream, we got millionaire shortbread and caramel. We also picked up sweet treats to bring home as presentsWritten 24 April 2022
- We stumbled across the Delibox, while walking around the cliff top, they service, amongst other things, lovely Ice-cream, well worth a visit.Written 6 August 2022
- A lovely war memorial to the people of Port Issac and St Endellion, who have lost their lives. Deep Respect to all.Written 6 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Port Isaac
- The most popular things to do in Port Isaac with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cornish Coast Adventures
- Port Isaac and Portwenn, Walk & Talk Guided Tours
- Harbour, Port Isaac, Cornwall