- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- fabulous place - great staff - great atmosphere - always visit when we are in St Andrews - miss Esther though even although we know she is in a new position - she was such an amazing hostWritten 29 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A pub that is full of atmosphere and great food. We happened upon this place at the recommendation of our transfer driver.
Great place and the dirty fries make a great sheared lunch for two.
The staff is friendly and welcoming. This was our first and best lunch in St Andrews.
Recommended for the character, staff and menu.Written 2 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited in May for a couple of drinks begore a night out.
It looks very traditional inside, but nice and relaxed - no need to dress up (we were as we were hitting the town later and looked a bit out of place!).
Service was good, location and view amazing!
We ordered cocktails which were delicious.However, it smelled really unpleasant inside, like bad breath! I think it was stale coffee odour, and really need to address that as it was horrible and would put me off returning as I was worried the smell would cling to me.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic range of St Andrews products, loved the sweaters, different from other shops we visited so much choiceWritten 16 September 2023
- During my recent trip to Scotland, I had the pleasure of eating at the One Under Gastro Pub.
I arrived a little early at about 6 PM and was only the second customer.
The food selections were ample and appropriate for a pub.
I wasn't very hungry so I had carrot soup and bread. This was much better than I thought it would be since I'm not much of a fan of cooked carrots.
Other customers who came in as I was eating, ordered burgers and seafood which all looked and smelled great!
Service was good and the price reasonable.Written 4 September 2019
- Nice atmosphere with a good drink selection and friendly service . They also had a cost feel and good interior decorationsWritten 8 October 2022
- This bar is part of the MacDonald Hotel in St Andrews and has a great open glass view of the 17 and 18th holes at the famous St Andrews golf course.
Whilst enjoying drinks and nibbles from the comfy lounge chairs you can watch the rounds of golfers walk by and hit their way to the 18th hole.
You are right near the famous stone bridge as you walk to the last hole.
A nice location with professional staff to attend to you.
Limited selection of wines but there were plenty of whiskeys, gins etc.
Not cheap but given the location, understandable.Written 27 June 2018
- Yeah oor Wilma.Thinks she is above every body ..not the way our mum brought her up .her bought council house and job promotion has gone to her head . Remember without your money that pub will shut customers .do not take her pish .Written 21 July 2023