- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Great place we were in st Andrew’s for four nights and visited every night, best bar in the town and you can’t visit without trying the pies fantastic. The staff are really accommodating and friendlyWritten 29 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had read about the Jigger Inn so decided to pay a visit during our 3 day trip to St Andrews. Welcomed on arrival by a lovely waitress, we asked to sit outside while hubby smoked his cigar; that was no problem; she got us settled in with drinks. We decided to have something to eat and asked the waiter if he had a table as we hadn't booked. This was no problem and he said to come in whenever we were ready and he'd have a table for us. Once cigar finished, we went in and sat in a lovely, cozy booth. Our mains - salmon with potatoes and salad and a steak and onion ciabatta and chips were first class, no complaints at all. Just wish we'd found the Jigger Inn earlier during our stay. Must also point out their ladies toilets are absolutely beautifully designed and decorated. Lovely friendly staff, fantastic view from the outside tables and a really enjoyable meal. One of the highlights of our visit to St Andrews. We'll definitely be back.Written 14 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited in May for a couple of drinks begore a night out.
It looks very traditional inside, but nice and relaxed - no need to dress up (we were as we were hitting the town later and looked a bit out of place!).
Service was good, location and view amazing!
We ordered cocktails which were delicious.However, it smelled really unpleasant inside, like bad breath! I think it was stale coffee odour, and really need to address that as it was horrible and would put me off returning as I was worried the smell would cling to me.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Everything you want and need under one roof. All the latest equipment and Old Course clothing / memorabilia at competitive prices.Written 27 July 2022
- During my recent trip to Scotland, I had the pleasure of eating at the One Under Gastro Pub.
I arrived a little early at about 6 PM and was only the second customer.
The food selections were ample and appropriate for a pub.
I wasn't very hungry so I had carrot soup and bread. This was much better than I thought it would be since I'm not much of a fan of cooked carrots.
Other customers who came in as I was eating, ordered burgers and seafood which all looked and smelled great!
Service was good and the price reasonable.Written 4 September 2019
- Amazing staff and food . The burgers were good and filling and the pie of the day was good according to my girlfriend . Would recommendWritten 10 November 2019
- This bar is part of the MacDonald Hotel in St Andrews and has a great open glass view of the 17 and 18th holes at the famous St Andrews golf course.
Whilst enjoying drinks and nibbles from the comfy lounge chairs you can watch the rounds of golfers walk by and hit their way to the 18th hole.
You are right near the famous stone bridge as you walk to the last hole.
A nice location with professional staff to attend to you.
Limited selection of wines but there were plenty of whiskeys, gins etc.
Not cheap but given the location, understandable.Written 27 June 2018
- Visited here for the first time on Sunday, while walking the Fife Coastal Path.
It doesn't look much from the outside, but once inside its your typical locals village pub.
Beer Garden also, however it didn't look too inviting, but at least there is outdoor seating.
Back to the good old days though inside, being able to sit and stand at the bar 👍
Drinks reasonably priced.
Overall pleasantly surprised.Written 21 September 2021