- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
30 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Happy after a great experience at this amazing watch shop. Good customer service and will definitely recommend!Written 23 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Down a little alleyway, away from the maddening crowd, I glance up at an unassuming sign, fail to notice its’ name and entered a book lovers’ heaven.
Every book imaginable, the offer of coffee whilst I browsed, the comfy sofa for children to sit and fall in love with reading. I find most if not all the writings by an author, not just their famous ones. I ask for a recommendation and the staff are helpful, knowledgable and introduce titles that surprise and delight me.
There is a little shelf of books wrapped in brown paper by forgotten or unknown authors - you’re given a short blurb and nothing else - like a blind date, incidentally that is what it’s called - the blind date shelf. You decide whether to pick a book and go on that date and or walk past and head towards the familiar.
Loaded with an armful of books and a happy child, I leave with a heavy heart, wanting to spend more time browsing and discovering.
As I was leaving, I remembered to look up again and note the name of the place “Topping & Company”, so that my child and I may return again and again.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not sure why the heading indicates this is closed?
We parked nearby and stopped in just based on a signboard in front. It was a nice sunny day and we sat in the courtyard. The service was friendly and helpful. We opted to share the Wild Mushroom soup of the day and a vegetarian panini. Both were good. The soup was a bit bland for our taste. The panini was VERY large and infinitely shareable (thanks to our server's advice!). The bread was fresh and pleasant.
The courtyard is small, but packed with 8 or so tables. The ambiance is OK, nothing special and you do sit among smokers and people with dogs.
As other reviewers have suggested, the prices are NOT cheap. As we walked further into St. Andrews, we passed several other places with cheaper lunches and a bit better atmosphere for outside seating and people watching.Written 17 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Artery is a great shop where everything is handmade! Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Well worth a visit when your in St Andrews!Written 1 June 2022
- Charming cafe with amazing views to the sea. We each had a large bowl of homemade soup with a warm roll & butter. Although full, we couldn't resist the home baked cakes. Absolutely yummy. The soups and baked goods are lovingly made by Margaret, one of the owners.
Everything was served on beautiful crockery by volunteer staff who were friendly and informative. Nothing was too much trouble.
The gallery displays paintings by the owner, Walter, and the small shop area has unusual crafted gifts for sale.
All proceeds from the whole enterprise are donated to worthwhile charities which is another reason to drop in and enjoy the cafe with the best cakes in St Andrews.Written 15 July 2022
- Visited during the open. Friendly staff knowledgeable about CBD. Will be back to stock up soon. Really helps with my arthritisWritten 23 July 2022
- Everything you want and need under one roof. All the latest equipment and Old Course clothing / memorabilia at competitive prices.Written 27 July 2022
- I’ve been meaning to write this review for a few weeks now so I do apologise to the lovely girls who served myself and my husband late November. I believe both staff members were called Sophie, how funny!
We popped into the store as we were attracted by the window displays and we were warmly greeted by both “Sophie’s” who chatted to us about our trip in Scotland and St. Andrews. We purchased some lovely scarves to remind us of our time there. Both “Sophie’s” were very warm and welcoming and had time to help us choose plus they clearly had knowledge about all the lovely items in store and that it was all made in Scotland, Great! What a lovely shopping experience we had, well done girls!Written 11 December 2019
- I popped in to this shop for a little look about and it is amazing, one of the best collections of crystals I've seen in Scotland, I highly recommend visiting it if you're in the area. The staff are lovely too and I came away feeling very lucky to have found this place.Written 23 July 2019
- Truly a dream come true and a check off the "Bucket List"! We did not have time to play the course or enter the lottery to be considered for play. It was memorable to just be able to walk around this public course and observe the play that was going on. You are permitted to walk on the famous Swilken (Swilcan) Bridge that so many illustrious golfers have walked. You must be careful and watch out for balls because the golfers are playing through. A wonderful experience!Written 20 August 2018
- Great souvenir shop! Staff were very helpful and friendly. I am disabled and use a motorised mobility scooter, and the staff moved the displays if I needed them too every time! (without even being asked!!) The shop manager was extra nice, offering up ideas for gifts, and even gave us a bar of chocolate for nothing. Bought all my holiday gifts there. This was the 2nd time we've been there - first time was last year 2020, when visiting our son who lives in Fife. Will definitely go again next time we visit and stay with him! Such a lot of choice of items. Thank you! From Brenda & Fred.Written 28 July 2021
- This beautiful shop made our trip. No exaggeration. We arrived for our daughter's graduation from St Andrews, but our bags did not. My husband found a gorgeous suit here, with owner Ekwant Sually's help. The tailor came straight away, pinned where it was necessary, and the next day returned the suit to us ready to wear to graduation. The clothes here are exquisite, and the service and kindness and care is also exquisite. We are grateful for Amor!Written 20 June 2022
- Had a really nice time at Highland House. They have such a nice selection and Anna was super helpful! I got a lovely scarf.Written 11 September 2020
- My friend and I visited this shop on our day out in St Andrew's, we were looking to purchase a variety of sweets for our friends and family to take home to Dundee. Unfortunately the staff were very rude and a member of staff said to another girl E***e make sure you are facing pointing back and forth at us, she replied with OH. I walked walked out after alerting my friend to what was said. the girl with dark hair shouts out the door bye and thanks. Not a nice way to treat customers especially visitors to the town. Some staff training would probably benefit the employees. I myself have worked in retail and my friend works in security so somehow I don't think we are going to steal. Will never visit again and will make friends and family aware of the poor customer service receivedWritten 19 June 2019
- A local took me here and i got a very cute linen dress and they had a range of clothing and prices and some cute pants as well. I would take a peek in here if shopping in St. Andrews.Written 27 June 2022