Distilleries • Breweries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
39 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 39
What travellers are saying
- We took part in the Halloween Virtual Gin Tasting Saturday 31st October. Adam was our host. He was engaging, funny and had a great knowledge of the subject.
The presentation of the gins was excellent and the tasting did not disappoint. This is an excellent purchase for any gin lover and made for a fun night in.
This is probably the best virtual gin tasting there is. Can’t recommend this enough.Written 2 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Weather helped but an unbelievable experience at the beach next to the home of golf. Would have been good if more cafes etc but ok if bringing food.Written 18 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful to see the cathedral open once again following months of closure due to maintenance work. It really is a special place and should be visitedWritten 19 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's awesome to look at and even more awesome to cross at the end of your round when you were in the queue at 3:00AM. Should be a rule that you cant cross unless you are a citizen of the town or are playing the course. It was amzing to see the number of folks that just trotted over from the street to take the glam picture.Written 22 July 2022
- A brilliant place to visit. My family had the best fun together in many years - my grown up daughter especially loved the train, reverting to childhood in a happy instant! Extremely reasonable prices for the different activities and something for everyone to enjoy. My grandson loved it all, his favourite being the pedalo on the beautiful lake. Ken and Bruce, the train drivers, were absolutely great, doing their best to make it fantastic fun for everyone. The grounds are beautiful and the food on offer was delicious. We will make it a regular visit whenever we come to stay with family in St Andrew’s again.Written 30 August 2022
- Although there is not a lot left of the castle, there is still enough there to make a visit worthwhile to St Andrews, if combined with the Abbey. Regardless, the castle is in a stunning location.
There is no car park and on street parking was tricky when I visited as it was the first week back for the students after the summer recess.
There is a shop and toilets at the castle entrance.Written 9 November 2021
- Wonderful magplace , staff very knowledgeable and friendly.
Plants kept it outstanding condition. Even saw a red squirrel in the trees. Just couldn't believe somewhere so peaceful and tranquil was so near to the town.
We would definitely recommend it to plant tre or just someone looking for a quiet place or a bit of meditation, the cafe is very nice as well!Written 11 August 2022
- I am a retired University administrator in the U.S. and looked forward to visiting St. Andrews University which is situated in the older portion of town amongst private homes and buildings housing pubs and boutiques. St. Andrews is the oldest of the four ancient universities in Scotland. This 600-year old is one of the top 100 universities in world, ranked for philosophy and divinity and rated better than Oxford and Cambridge in 2021. Research, teaching quality, entry standards and student satisfaction enter into these rankings. The buildings oozed with the history of this institution.Written 3 August 2022
- Sconnoisseur awards elusive 10/10 for artisan scone at the East Neuk's inspirational garden of outstanding beauty.My Sconnoisseur has awarded the cafe's cheese, spring onion and chive scone a prestigious and elusive 10/10. Only the 4th scone to receive top marks since 1995 in his ceaseless quest to nobly sample scones across Scotland. Thank you to Cambo Gardens for its welcoming staff, tranquil walled garden and scones of the very highest order.Written 25 August 2022
- Excellent displays and information showing the development of the game overall and in St. Andrews. The book selection in the gift shop seemed very limited considering the depth of golf literature opportunities.Written 22 July 2022
- As others have mentioned, a magical place to visit. The druids visit for real on the longest day in June. Take some ribbons and the them round the trees and make a wish!!Written 16 November 2020
- Great beach, even in the winter, dog walking, children's play park. In the spring/summer cafe at the harbour, can sit and watch the world go by, and further along near the children's play park a sandwich/toastie /ice cream shop. Plenty of choice and a great beach with stunning views. Take your own picnic and sit a little further up on the grass.Written 10 July 2022
- Lovely theatre, Mother Goose the pantomime was great! Very comfortable and staff were friendly and welcoming. Will definitely be back. Good value for money.Written 17 December 2019
- The welcome was friendly without being pushy and the man I spoke to was knowledgeable and helpful. I received a clear map and practical information about bus services.
In addition the shop looked well-stocked with nice gifts, books and postcards.Written 12 August 2022
- Whether you are religious or not, this monument to martyrs who were executed for following the Protestant religion provides a very good insight into this important aspect of Scotland’s history. And although I knew all about the Covenanters and their cause from my history lessons as a wee boy at school, I didn’t realise that St Andrews had played such a prominent role.Written 12 November 2019