Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Historic Sites
- Cultural Tours
- Day Trips
- Architectural Buildings
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Half-day Tours
- City Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Historical Tours
- Film Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Cooking Classes
- Beach & Pool Clubs
- Culinary Tour
- Dining Experiences
- Speciality Museums
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Art Museums
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Water Sports
- Shopping Tours
- Special Offers
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Catania
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Had full day tour with GO-ETNA, absolutely brilliant. A fascinating glimpse of the beauty and power of this volcano. The variety of scenery, stunning views was awe inspiring.
Followed by a visit to Alcantara Gorge that is truly stunning.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a great tour! The tour is in Italian, but you are given a translated booklet with what the guide will say. Given that our group was almost entirely English speakers, the guide included some English explanations for things not found in the text. Definitely a hidden gem with lots of interesting information about how the monastery was built on lava! Would highly recommend.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a chef I was in heaven! Walking through the fish section of the market made my mouth watering, lots of activity in the morning with the fresh seafood, watching the vendors and buyers interact was a bonus, later this place is transformed into a giant vibrant restaurant, find a restaurant to try the fresh seafood prepared or just stroll under the colorful umbrellas that give a festive touch to the area.
AlfredoWritten 5 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stunning inside and outside with lots of photographic hotspots in the square. There was a market on the day we went which was also nice to see.Written 7 August 2022
- I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, despite TA indicating it is closed, the museum is currently open. Upon entry there is a short movie that you can watch, the movie is in Italian but has English subtitles, unfortunately the remainder of the museum is almost entirely in Italian. After the movie you enter a reproduction of a typical village with decorated business and homes. The next stop is a reproduction of a bomb shelter, approaching triggers an air raid siren and if you sit in shelter you can experience a simulated bombing, complete with shaking room. When you exit the shelter you are now in a village destroyed by bombs. The remainder of the museum is artifacts, pictures, maps and other information, well worth the 4.00 Euros currently charged for admission, I spent a good 90 minutes exploring and would have rated it a 5 if there was more English information.Written 1 July 2022
- Every year we've gone, we wanted to visit this Palazzo, but it was always closed; this year, we met a lovely Chinese lady (from Oxford) - Maria, who made a phone call, and persuaded the (curator?) to open up and let us walk around, instead of being with an organised tour party. Its not huge inside, but the rooms are beautiful and worth seeing.Written 6 June 2022
- This is a beautiful garden in the center of the city. The flowers and trees were in full bloom in the spring.
Lots of interesting sculpture, and views.Written 9 August 2021
- This is a beautiful cathedral with lots of history and worth a visit.
Many famous people interred in this cathedral.Written 15 June 2022
- This partially pedestrian street leads off from Piazza Duomo. It is a great way to visit a number of the points of interest including the Giardino Bellini, several churches, Piazza Stesicoro, and the Monumento a Vincenzo Bellini, all of which are located along it.Written 9 August 2021
- This is about as good as it gets in Catania. Decent outdoor theatre but it don’t think it has been sympathetic repaired and the patch up / add one stand out very badly and degrade a nice old building.
The entrance to the building is very bad and it is really easy to just walk straight past (as we did 5-6 times in the prior days) with noticing.
It is 6€ admission which is about right - it is certainly not worth more, but in this town it seems to be the main tourist attraction.Written 6 May 2022
- This is the Abbey of Sant'Agata, located just off Piazza Duomo and only a few hundred feet from the Cathedral of Sant'Agata. It is smaller, and in some ways more inviting because it is much lighter and brighter inside.Written 9 August 2021
- A lovely place to visit, and popular with school parties (well - popular with the school - don't know about the children). IF you want a quiet rest with shady trees and interest flora - here you are. Also has a very clean and accessible toilet!Written 6 June 2022
- The building is tucked away at the end of a plaza and dominates the area. It is a beautiful structure worth seeing. There are also restaurants close by.Written 3 May 2022
- For someone that likes to experience the smells, sights and sounds of how the locals shop this is a good place to stroll.Written 4 November 2019
- Nice idea to use this castle as a museum. 3 floors of local collections, modest entrance fee, worth a visit if you are in the area. We were lucky to see the temporary exhibition of a talented local artist.Written 31 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Catania
- The best day trips from Catania according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Etna Tour in 4x4
- Mt. Etna and Taormina village full day tour from Catania
- Etna Countryside Food and Wine Lovers Tour (Small Group)
- Etna Morning Trip
- From Catania Etna at Sunset half day tour