- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
40 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 40
What travellers are saying
- Spornes is so beautiful with its long,sandy beach and the round rocks☀️❤️. The sea is crystal clear and the beach all natural. That is also why it varies depending on the waves and the sea. There is also comfortable smooth rocks if you do not want to lie on the beachWritten 1 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have visited the vitensenteret several times, with my grandchildren and family from abroad. The most important issue is however, how children get engaged in science. That’s why I also like going there on my own. So nice to look at people when they are enjoying themselves. The food is very good, reasonable pricesWritten 6 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thankfully this incredibly ugly bunker is kept safely outside of town and out of everyday sight. Inside, it is very practical, and given the horrible museum fire in Brazil, it is good to know that things are kept safe in Arendal's bunker museum. The exhibition about Herjolfsson's fraud and financial transactions was particularly interesting, especially considering that the Herjolfsson family is still in possession of the Strømsbu gård. Also the exhibition about the slave ship Fredensborg was excellent, although I missed a comment about the first slaves in the West Indies being Danish and Norwegian (convicted felons, but many for minor cases). I must also praise the exhibition of chairs through the ages - a row of chairs presented straightforwardly and simply. Too many museums harbour the strange idea of storing things away unseen, instead of just presenting them and letting the audience think for themselves. - I just wish this museum would look less like a bunker.Written 3 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very beautiful church with a good akustikk. Beautifully decorated and the right place to have a concert.Written 4 February 2018
- This large scale gallery for contemporary art is state of the art. Very High level for such a remote little town.Written 22 March 2017
- Arriving in Arendal Guest Harbour there is people helping with mooring and finding a good spot. 300NKR for a 12m sailing yacht, ok with good access to electricity and water. However Wifi not working good in the harbour. There is a lot of traffic around (boats) the harbour meaning waves and movements late evenings as well as early mornings if you are on the outside spots. Nice water and even a pool close by. Close to city Center.Written 26 August 2018
- Old German fortress from WW2. Parts of it is still in relatively good shape. Gives at least a good impression of how it was!
Located close to beautiful Kilsund. There you can find gas station, restaurant, grocery store etc. The coastline in this area is one of the nicest places in Norway!
Great ocean fishing possibilities.Written 27 May 2018
- My mother and I went there during a visit to see my fore-bearers home and stumbled on this really interesting small museum. We liked it very muchWritten 6 September 2017
- This is just a very nice building which certainly seemed old and it is very well maintained. With the boats in front it makes a great picture.Written 7 July 2019
- Had a quick glance trough the shopping center, but nothing out of the ordinary really. Ended at Espresso house for a coffee, nice atmosphere and not too crowded.Written 18 November 2019
- This was one of those must stops and it was worth it. We were with a small group and really got some nice pictures of this. the weather was just perfect andWritten 7 July 2019
- Awesome 20min. boat ride from Arendal sentrum to Merdo. Calm seas in a nice sunny day. Awesome homemade pizza at Merdo with Arendal beer!Written 19 April 2022
- We decided to visit the island of Merdø one sunny afternoon in April.
The Merdøferga (Merdø ferry) is the best public way to do it.
Leaving from Arendal's harbour, it costs 130 KR (£13) for a return adult ticket. The journey to Merdø takes 30 mins (with one other stop, for a few mins, enroute).
A small and efficient ferry. You can sit on two levels and take in the sights. Once you get going/underway, remember that the temp drops, esp. in April.
Lovely views looking back at Arendal, at the two lighthouses (in the distance), the small islands and eventually Merdø. This ferry trip in itself was a treat for us!Written 24 April 2019
- This delightful island with its beautiful wooden houses and their tiled roves so full of character. The boats on the beautiful blue water. A hive of activity over on the mainland with markets and diners on a beautiful sunny Friday afternoon. It was just as beautiful on a wet Sunday as well.Written 2 September 2014
- We got married at this church in 2006.
We chose this church because of its intimacy and nice location. The inside is really special and differs from others.
For visitors I believe the location of the church might be just as interesting as the inside.
This is free and just worth a visit if you are near by.Written 14 September 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Arendal
- The best outdoor activities in Arendal according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Arendal on Tripadvisor