- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
50 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travellers are saying
- Could wander round here all day. Beautifully landscaped and tranquil. Quite steep but the climb to the top is well worth it to find the ruins of a medieval castle. If you love greenery, moss and tempting little stone paths then you’ll be in heaven here.Written 28 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Today I had the pleasure of spending 3 hours with Thibault from ZigZag ski. I wanted to improve my technique and confidence. The lesson was brilliant challenging and fun and I came away feeling a better skier. Our children have loved ski school with excellent English speaking instructors snd small group lessons. I would highly recommend ZigZag. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼Written 1 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great shortish walk. It doesn’t require fitness or poles- but the view at the lookout is as good as if you’ve hiked for days.Written 26 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My teenage sons aged 13 and 15 had a great time in the park . We were there for over three hours . The explanation at the beginning was not thorough but the boys worked the system out quickly . There is a very safe system with the ropes . The staff were helpful when approached but we were left on our own to decide where to go and there was no restriction on time . For those that enjoy ropes parks it is a must . For first timers it may be a bit challenging especially with a very brief explanation at the beginning.Written 23 August 2018
- A time capsule of a museum which truly captures the history of the area.
The English guided tour, led by the knowledgeable and passionate Nora, is well worth the €7.50 entrance fee. And you also get a sample of local jam and cheese, with drinks.
After an introduction from Simone the owner - with an overview of the construction of the farm house using a cleverly designed model - Nora walks you through the rooms in building itself. It felt like stepping back in time.
The contents of the museum are fascinating, many implements need explanations as to their use, and the guide ensures that children are engaged in these descriptions and given a chance to hold them.
This is lovely museum, a true reflection of the owners passion. It is well worth going to an English speaking tour, so visit the Tourist Information in Samoëns to check the days and timings (at the time of writing these were on Tuesday at 5pm during July and August).Written 31 July 2019
- Wonderful experience after an off-piste run down. Dragged on skis behind a skidoo to a fabulous little country restaurant, where we were served a marvellous meal. After we had eaten, we were taken by piste-basher to the lift, which was opened up for us. A great day.Written 24 August 2015
- Great place to have a short ride in Samoens, The view is beautiful and the frozen lake are funny.
There is a game for kids in the middle of the 2nd lakeWritten 30 December 2016
- You reach this destination from the Joux Plan Car park which is a destination in itself with awesome views, a place to sled, cross country ski or mountain hikes. They have a small rental hut with skis and sleds as well as a restaurant too. A must see if you are in the region.Written 2 January 2017
- Taking the gondola to the top of the mountain costs €9 and was well worth it. Several bars/ cafes and amazing views. As someone who doesn’t ski it was a great experience and the views from the gondola were superb.Written 28 December 2022
- A beautifully light old church in the heart of Samoëns. The gentle chanting music you hear as you walk round is very atmospheric.Written 4 June 2018
- We had a complete adult beginner with us and were only able to book private lessons for the week between 9-10 am. When I booked I was not told that it would actually be impossible to get to the lessons on time due to the cable car only opening at 8.45 and the queues being enormous sometimes 45 minutes. So the first lesson was missed and the others were only 30 minutes. We paid £320 for 8 hours and only had 4 hours. I went into the ESF office to see if we could swap the lessons and even though there were available ones ESF refused to let us swap. Terrible customer service.
We will definitely go to a different ski school next time.Written 26 February 2020
- Just returned from a great week in Samoens. I booked 2 private snowboard lessons with École de Ski 360, Claire was a fantastic instructor, really patient whilst also pushing me to improve. Just what I needed. I would 100% recommend the school and Claire for lessons.Written 31 January 2023
- We took a break from skiing to visit the ice rink for the afternoon.
It is a covered open air rink with inside changing facilities just a few minutes walk from the centre of the village.
Prices are good for entry and skate hire and there was no time limit to the skating session when we visited (Wednesday)
There are also various skating aids for younger children who need help with their balance.
Opening times vary depending on the time of year and there are also ice hockey matches played some evenings so check times on the website.Written 16 February 2019
- I have made many trips with Arno as our guide. He always makes the day memorable. I highly recommendWritten 28 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Samoens
Samoens Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 2:35 AM|