Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- We are from the USA and have travelled extensively across the country, but there is nothing like this canyoning adventure anywhere that we have been. Numerous natural waterslides of various heights and pitch. Optional jumping from rocks. Rappelling. It was an experience that was genuine fun for the whole family. It was safe enough for my 6 year old, but thrilling enough to be my 13 year-olds favorite excursion during a week and a half in France. My wife and I (both in our 40s) found it thrilling as well, and a great way to experience a unique natural environment.
Nico was an excellent guide. I would highly recommend Alpes Et Canyons! We are not French speakers and he did a great job engaging in English us and making the experience fun. All three of our children loved him. My youngest child was hesitant at the start, but Nico soon had him smiling and laughing as he slid down the river.
Can recommend Alpes Et Canyons and the Balmes Slides enough!Written 1 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Super service, really kind staff!
Fixed my bike straight away, during lunch! Definitely recommend if you have a problemWritten 8 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Santiago and all the Spirale team are amazing. We have done a number of flights over the years in Samoens, but this year the children (7 and 9) both did a parapente and absolutely loved it. The guys are very calm and professional and make the experience as enjoyable as possible. Would recommend to anyone looking to do a parapente in the Grand Massif.Written 5 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I met David in the Extreme Glisses ski rental shop in Samoen when we arrived to collect our skis. I collected the leaflet for this company and forgot about it for a day or two as we were ski ing.
With a tiny bit of trepidation I asked the two families if they wanted to have a go. They all agreed and I phoned the number. Within an hour David answered the query and took details to ascertain availability. We continued to communicate via mobile and sorted all severn of our party ( 4 adults, 3 teenage children) with slots on the Saturday having rung on the Thursday.
We arrived and were met with three very professional, friendly instructors. All were very calm, safe and ensured each of us understood what was happening and required.
All of us were absolutely blown away but the experience which we believe was great value (€80 each 20-25 mins)Some instructors had go-pros which they would use for an extra €20.... again in our opinion, well worth it.
Couple of things to note. Boarders will need to run without boards for take off. No poles for skiers so we left everything together at the top.
If you are looking for a fantastic exhilarating experience...don’t hesitate......brilliant....made all our week.
Big thanks to David and the team.........do it!Written 25 February 2019
- Fabulous afternoon of rafting on the Giffre river from Sixt-fer-a-chevalier back to Samoens.
Great fun on the river with fantastic rapids, bumps and turns….. but best done after a load of rain.
The treat were friendly and helpful.
Our guide Alain spoke great English and was fun on the river, but very safe too.
The gorge diversion was exciting
Great stops for jumping of rocks and drift/swimming in places…
Highly recommend this place for rafting.Written 21 August 2022
- I was hugely nervous about doing the white water rafting but it was brilliant fun. There is such a lack of water due to the weather that there wasn’t much white water but the instructor made sure we had a lot of fun. Stopping to encourage us to jump off a 5m rock surprised me but it was in.
If you are an adrenaline junkie I would give it a miss but if you want to spend a couple of hours In a beautiful setting having fun I would strongly recommend.Written 8 August 2022
- Parapenting - basically running off a mountain with a parachute (laid out on the mountain behind you) and a pilot strapped to you.
Just awesome day, the sun was out and in Patrick, I had complete trust - he had been paragliding since 1982.
The flight lasts a matter of minutes but the experience of running off a mountain with the backdrop of the alps and then being able to pilot the chute yourself before a few tricks and then landing.
If you get the chance, absolutely try it with these guys. It will stay with you a very long time.Written 18 February 2019
- We did the guided outing to the bout du monde on electric fat bike. The equipment was great, the team are great - simple explanations and confidence inspiring with flexibility to go easier or harder on different pets of the ride. We had a great time and will definitely go back to these guys again. Electric bikes make even the steepest hill possible - Even for an unfit man in his 50s!Written 13 August 2021
- A fantastic friendly, safe and spectacular ride down the Giffre River at Samoens. Yann offered us exclusive use of the boats between our two families to share a magical day out. Excellent local knowledge, great fun and well organised. Only wish we did it earlier in our trip so that we could revisit some of the pools and scenery and include the food option! Definitely recommend Yaute Adventure!Written 14 August 2022
- First time in the ski with Julien, great experience!
Paragliding is awesome, the view is gorgeous!
ThanksWritten 23 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Samoens