- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Could wander round here all day. Beautifully landscaped and tranquil. Quite steep but the climb to the top is well worth it to find the ruins of a medieval castle. If you love greenery, moss and tempting little stone paths then you’ll be in heaven here.Written 28 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly recommended, our 6 Yr old absolutely loved the lessons. His instructor Sergio was brilliant and very patient. I would definitely use ZigZag again. Customer service was very good and very informative with where to meet the instructor even texting a picture of the instructor to make it easier to spot him on the first day!Written 23 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great shortish walk. It doesn’t require fitness or poles- but the view at the lookout is as good as if you’ve hiked for days.Written 26 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My teenage sons aged 13 and 15 had a great time in the park . We were there for over three hours . The explanation at the beginning was not thorough but the boys worked the system out quickly . There is a very safe system with the ropes . The staff were helpful when approached but we were left on our own to decide where to go and there was no restriction on time . For those that enjoy ropes parks it is a must . For first timers it may be a bit challenging especially with a very brief explanation at the beginning.Written 23 August 2018
- Great place to have a short ride in Samoens, The view is beautiful and the frozen lake are funny.
There is a game for kids in the middle of the 2nd lakeWritten 30 December 2016
- Great customer service. Easy to get in contact with and very quick response. Booked in for a private lesson with Melanie. She was a fantastic, very patient ski instructor. Thank you so much. We hope to return next year!Written 14 January 2023
- Great day at Les Gets snow shoeing with Arno. Virgin snow, great lunch and great company. For all those who haven’t tried snow shoeing I recommend itWritten 16 January 2023
- Hired 4 bikes for the afternoon for our family - great advice and a very friendly service. We had a fantastic day. Would highly recommend hiring a bike from Anthonioz Ski.Written 25 July 2022
- I was going to use Snow Vans to take me to Samoens. Very helpful all through the process inc when I had to cancel 48 hours before pick up. They were very understanding.
Response times were always great.Written 29 February 2020
- Santiago and all the Spirale team are amazing. We have done a number of flights over the years in Samoens, but this year the children (7 and 9) both did a parapente and absolutely loved it. The guys are very calm and professional and make the experience as enjoyable as possible. Would recommend to anyone looking to do a parapente in the Grand Massif.Written 5 November 2022
- I met David in the Extreme Glisses ski rental shop in Samoen when we arrived to collect our skis. I collected the leaflet for this company and forgot about it for a day or two as we were ski ing.
With a tiny bit of trepidation I asked the two families if they wanted to have a go. They all agreed and I phoned the number. Within an hour David answered the query and took details to ascertain availability. We continued to communicate via mobile and sorted all severn of our party ( 4 adults, 3 teenage children) with slots on the Saturday having rung on the Thursday.
We arrived and were met with three very professional, friendly instructors. All were very calm, safe and ensured each of us understood what was happening and required.
All of us were absolutely blown away but the experience which we believe was great value (€80 each 20-25 mins)Some instructors had go-pros which they would use for an extra €20.... again in our opinion, well worth it.
Couple of things to note. Boarders will need to run without boards for take off. No poles for skiers so we left everything together at the top.
If you are looking for a fantastic exhilarating experience...don’t hesitate......brilliant....made all our week.
Big thanks to David and the team.........do it!Written 25 February 2019
- Rented 4 sets of Skis Jan 2023, different packages for different levels of skier.
Quality of equipment was outstanding.
Great price, really friendly service, easy and quick to make changes and flexible when we needed to reduce ski period by 24 hours.
Staff friendly and really helpful with wider knowledge of ski area as poor snow conditions meant we needed advice on travel and best options.
Great location to store equipment overnight, as they are just across the road from gondola into Grand Massif.Written 23 January 2023
- Fabulous afternoon of rafting on the Giffre river from Sixt-fer-a-chevalier back to Samoens.
Great fun on the river with fantastic rapids, bumps and turns….. but best done after a load of rain.
The treat were friendly and helpful.
Our guide Alain spoke great English and was fun on the river, but very safe too.
The gorge diversion was exciting
Great stops for jumping of rocks and drift/swimming in places…
Highly recommend this place for rafting.Written 21 August 2022
- I was hugely nervous about doing the white water rafting but it was brilliant fun. There is such a lack of water due to the weather that there wasn’t much white water but the instructor made sure we had a lot of fun. Stopping to encourage us to jump off a 5m rock surprised me but it was in.
If you are an adrenaline junkie I would give it a miss but if you want to spend a couple of hours In a beautiful setting having fun I would strongly recommend.Written 8 August 2022
- Parapenting - basically running off a mountain with a parachute (laid out on the mountain behind you) and a pilot strapped to you.
Just awesome day, the sun was out and in Patrick, I had complete trust - he had been paragliding since 1982.
The flight lasts a matter of minutes but the experience of running off a mountain with the backdrop of the alps and then being able to pilot the chute yourself before a few tricks and then landing.
If you get the chance, absolutely try it with these guys. It will stay with you a very long time.Written 18 February 2019