- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Sabandar Beach is a non-crowded beach popular among locals, a long and wide stretch of sandy beach suitable for swimming and water activities. The beach faces West and is the most suitable for viewing sunset. There was toilet and shower facility, where a small amount of payment was required to use the facility. There was a row of food stalls at the beachfront selling local food and drink at affordable prices. Horse-riding activity on the beach was available as well. On the day of my visit, a herd of cows was seen on the beach as well. I enjoyed the company of the cows while viewing the sunset together.Written 19 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Green fees most expensive in Sabah..... 400 MYR for foreigners. Course is pretty and interesting. Well maintained. Facilities dated but OK.
.Written 26 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you're on your way to Poring Hotspring this is also a good place to drop by. In our case our itinerary was this Cowboy town, Upside down Museum, Mt.Kinabalu Park, Desa Farm, Poring Hotspring, Rabbit Farm and lastly the Rafflesia Flowers.
It was indeed a busy day but starting here was worth it. We went there around 8:30 am it is not yet open but they opened for us. There's really not much to see though so it's only for a few minutes that we stayed. If you just wanted to feel the cowboy place and some mangrove forest its a place to see.
We enjoyed picture taking at the mangrove forest it feels fresh and calming. We were not able to go deeper into the forest since we are on a time constraint schedule.
There is also a horse riding area where you may rent their horse. We didn't try since its still to early and the horses are still at the barn during that time plus the clock is ticking as we just finished enjoying the view.
This place can be considered a must visit if you have plenty of time in Kota Kinabalu but if not, you may skip and move on to Kinabalu park and Desa Farm where you would more likely enjoy best. :-)Written 6 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We, a group of seniors in the sixties, had a very exciting experience in White Water Rafting @ Kiulu River, Tuaran of Sabah. The Water is crystal clear and the environment is serene and cooling. The rafting activity was rather challenging for us, but nevertheless we had overcome all the obstacles we faced throughout the journey . Bravo!Written 22 November 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Tuaran
- These places are best for outdoor activities in Tuaran:See more outdoor activities in Tuaran on Tripadvisor