Top Attractions in Kangaroo Island
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Although much of the park remains inaccessible following the 19/20 fires, Cape du Couedic, Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks made the drive well worthwhile. Easy walks, incredible rock formations, amazing views and *so many fur seals*!!!Written 20 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- …. just being able to view wildlife so close up whilst being able to keep a respectable distance - very well done and totally adorable pups💕Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did the “raptor experience” and it was amazing. You get to meet 6 native Australian birds up close, sitting on your glove!. The jewel in the crown being the wedge tail eagle, Nellie. The handler was knowledgeable and engaging.Written 11 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very wind swept but spectacular scenery including colony of seals - breeding season so youngster at play.Written 15 January 2023
- E-bike tour with Eli was excellent. One of the Best things I have done in my life. I want to be active not to sit in the car.Written 12 January 2023
- I have tried KI Spirits before but my friends hadnt so I drove. They had fun trying the gins and the liqueurs. Lots of fun sitting outside by a heater (or with a blanket over you).Written 23 November 2022
- We missed seeing them on our last visit due to the rain however we visited in the better weather this time. Well maintained walkways with seats along the way to sit down if needed. Walking around the rocks was pretty cool. There are toilet facilities.Written 1 January 2023
- Our group of 4 did both the daytime tour and a dusk tour, on two separate days. We were in small groups and Jim, the owner, gave us a real insight into both the wildlife and the impact of the big fires in 2020.
The vegetation is regrowing at a great rate, and there was plenty of wildlife to see. Lots of koalas, Roos, and Tamar Wallabies, and we saw two echidnas up close on the dusk tour. Staying at Western KI cabins gave us close easy access.Written 5 January 2023
- Wow! There are so many native Australian animals to see.
We arrived just after 11am and just in time for the Koala talk. There was a lovely lady who talked us through why the Koalas are in the park. We were allow in with the Koalas and a few Quokkas which we could touch and interact with. This was free of charge!! Happens daily around 11am and 3pm.
We walked around the whole park and also enjoyed feeding the Wallabies.
There were tables to sit and have lunch - the park is fine with you bringing in your own food.Written 14 January 2023
- Lovely little museum and great old photos of previous lighthouse keepers. Very exposed so very windy.Written 12 January 2023
- If you don't visit Stokes Bay beach you are doing Kangaroo Island the wrong way. The short walk to the beach has to be experienced to be believed and then the beach with its perfectly rolling waves and rock pool. Divine.Written 17 January 2023
- Clifford is a great place to visit with a surprise for beer drinkers in that it is the retail outlet for the Drunken Drone Brewery that sells their two honey ales at the shop. The honey itself is great however the range is reduced due to the aftermath of the bushfires and the slow regeneration of the trees the bees rely on for the honey production. That said, don’t let yourself be deterred from visiting as it is worth looking up.Written 5 October 2022
- Staff were friendly and helpful, amazing setting. Pre ordered food and it was delicious. Only bad thing I could say is they could have explained the wine more but other than that the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and did everything they could to help and please us. Can’t wait to visit againWritten 4 December 2022
- Though it's only open till 4pm, it's worth making the time to visit this winery. Perched on the hill top, the views from the carpark and winery are worthwhile, especially a short walk around the grounds, wine glass in hand.
The cellar staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and happy to have a chat with you whilst you taste your way through four wines. At time of visit, we purchased six bottles and received two other bottles of different vintages for free.Written 7 November 2022
- This is the best Visitor Centre I have ever been in. Sylvia went out of her way to explain the various day trips around the island, not only is she super knowledgeable about all of the Island (she is a local) she has virtually been to every thing to see, eat and do and share her experiences. She gave us great directions (including travel times), good tips for times to be at various attractions and explained restaurants and cafes, what they served and their opening days and hours. It’s worth a visit just to chat to Sylvia.Written 11 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kangaroo Island
- The best day trips from Kangaroo Island according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kangaroo Island in a Day Tour from Adelaide
- One Day Kangaroo Island Sip & See tour with return ferry transfers from Adelaide
- Full-Day Kangaroo Island Experience Departing from Kangaroo Island
- Small Group Kangaroo Island Tour - Best of KI
- Kangaroo Island Half Day Tasting Tour
- The most popular things to do in Kangaroo Island with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours
- Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari
- Kangaroo Island Hire a Guide
- Exceptional Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 7:38 PM|