Top Attractions in Maafushi Island
What travellers are saying
- Nice beach... little bit of crowds. the local laws only allow bikinis on this beach. Water has the many shades of blue. This beach is very beautiful, with blue water and white sand.Written 8 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Eco Dive Club are Wonderful people and a first class operation. We were teaching our 9 and 10yo daughters to dive. They did a bubble maker and discovery dive in the open ocean. I have to admit was was super nervous but I had no need because Coco, Aku and Hammu took care of my girls with expert care, patience and kindness. The experience has ignited a life long passion for two little humans. Thank you so much. We'll be back to continue their PADI diving introduction in the near future.Written 6 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing experience, loved the hospitality and the diving is super smooth and exhilarating.
If you want to dive this is the one stop solution for you.Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went for all the trips these guys offer. Every day was a great experience and so much fun. Eeshaan and rest of the team are real professionals at what they do, plus they make awesome pictures and videos. As our time in Maldives was coming to the end, we have decided to change our flights and stay a week longer, just so we can do it all again. (Yes, it was that good 😉 )Written 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did 3 dives with Pablo Novoa (insta: the_fish_ man_dream)
Wonderful instructor. We are both AOW and have dived 40+ times all over the world and Pablo is definitely in top 3 of the best mater diver instructors we have had. Helpful, friendly and easy-going. The kind of master divers we always want to dive with. He took picture and record video with his go pro for us to have some souvenirs. Really grateful and appreciative of that.
Thanks again Pablo
Fred & VictoriaWritten 1 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Honestly one of the most incredible experiences of my entire life! Such lovely tour guides, book with icom as they also go to a shipwreck site with coral reefs etc for only $55, which includes lunch, water, juice, stingray visit, swimming w dolphins (if you're fast enough loool), swimming with sharks and a pit stop off at a sand bay. So so good and exhilarating. They are so transparent with you of the risks and likelihood of viewing certain species. Also additional $5 for drone photos but they are well worth it. Started at 9am at Maafushi port, had to arrive at 8.40am and got back to Maafushi at about 3.45PM. All the staff were lovely and friendly and a nice range of tourist also.
Also, the lunch was big soo, so filling. Well worth the cost. I'm surprised it wasnt more expensive considering its the Maldives. 😂😭
Saif and Lubaan in particular were incredibly helpful throughout the tour and made everyone feel welcomed and safe. They went above and beyond with the photos, we all really appreciate them. They also make sure we go in small groups and a little later than other tour companies so we go when the areas are not congested at all.
Lastly, I did not have a swimsuit as my luggage was lost and fortunately they lent me a swimsuit that someone had donated to the company. I am extremely grateful and I would say its the number one thing I would recommend in the Maldives.
I don't know where these bad reviews came from as honestly one of the best customer experiences of my life. Also, all equipment was provided, including towel and they had bins as well :)Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a great experience here. Snorkeling, parasailing, FunTube, Kayaking and Jet Ski. Staff are quite friendly and helpful. They are patient and know their job very well. We found them flexible with our requests for things like timing and taking photos and videos of us during the activities.Written 27 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- They are so attentive to details, in terms of taking pictures and giving you the most satisfying experience. I tried the snorkeling with sharks, fishing, lunch at the sand bank, jet ski, a day tour to the water villa, parasailing and the fun tube ride with beautiful pictures taken by the arena water sports people. I loved every single activity with a good pricing they offered us. They assured us honesty, safety and entertaining experience 😃 Good job you guys 👍Written 2 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Hiring Moosa ( Moana Trips ) was the best decision made in the Maldives, the excursions are the best! Fun, exciting and your photos and videos the best memory! Moosa is an excellent photographer and guide!
He explains and gets involved as one of the group! I pour the best option! ...
He is a friend forever! we will be backWritten 13 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kaani tours took part in making my stay at Maldives beyond what I expected. The excursions were amazing and the team is very good in giving us tour to different islands showing us marvelous marine life. Aside from being so kind and approachable I can't give anything less than a thumbs up for their pro way of taking pictures too. Would definitely recommend Kaani tours to my friends and others who wish to travel to Maafushi Maldives.Written 22 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There are several operators, my suggestion is, do not pre-book. Go there and shop around for a good deal. Local people suggested going to Arena or iComm they are the big operators.
We went with Arena because of a good sales guy and a better deal we got, they were also well organized and well equipped with boats, gear and paraphernalia. Paid $100 for parasailing for two people, $25 per person for snorkeling (fishes and turtles), $45 per person for snorkeling with nurse sharks, stingray feeding and dolphin watching. These are standard packages, you can pick the one which meets your requirements.
This was our first snorkeling ever . My 14 year old daughter turned out to be a good swimmer in the sea as well, it was her first time, otherwise, we all can barely swim.
My suggestion to the operators is to add a short maybe 30 min intro/ training session for beginners (of course, charge for it) in shallow waters so that people like us can learn, get over the fear and value the trips more than what we did.
1. Turtle reef tour: It was scary initially, but got used to it later. The instructors were little more experienced I guess, they gave us basic instructions for snorkeling.
Could see some colorful fishes in the first stop. Would have been great if I were a better swimmer and wearing contact lens :). In the Turtle reef, there was only one turtle, and people had to swim a lot to see it. I could not see it.
We saw few dolphins on this trip, ticked the check box.
Food on the sand bank was not bad, had veg food option.
The tour team really works hard, they pitched the sun umbrellas, served food, cleaned up and also scrubbed the boat, all with a smile and seem to be enjoying. Really hardworking lot, hope they get paid well as well.
2. Sharkbay tour: First stop dolphins, it was amazing, we saw tens of them, swimming, jumping and having fun. Some of the good swimmers on the boat swam with them as well. It was pretty good.
Next, stingray feeding. It was good as well, they feed stingrays on Fulidhoo island public beach. You can touch them and pet them. Added to the attraction were some hungry nurse sharks. It was fun. No touching the sharks !!!
The team could have provided better snorkeling instructions, first timers on the boat did not know how to use the gear. However, they helped us swim, made sure we were in the photos and underwater videos. Appreciate the patience of the team guiding us.
Few boats were already there, feeding the nurse sharks, hordes of them on the surface.
They helped each person individually, making sure they got the experience. They made sure that I saw the sharks and was in the videos. Good experience, I wish I was a better swimmer.
Food on the sandbanks was good, they had Jain food option as well. For some reason, they seem to run out of vegetarian food in spite of pre-booking.
No Manta rays, it seems end of April is not the season.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have got to experience an amazing time with huge nurse sharks on our trip to Shark bay and for the cherry on top we got to see dolphin’s and snorkel with them too. Enash and the other teammates were great and they get along with everyone. Super friendly and explains very well so that we know what to do. Would say that this was the one of the first and the best time we had!! A huge thank you to Enash and the rest of the Trvaelscape Team!Written 15 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great diving some of the best diving in the world here in the Maldives.
Anees is a great tour guide.
Would recommend.Written 3 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There are far too many sovenir shops. But one of the nicest persons we met here. He explained everything, we could try the banana coconut souvenir. And he has a really good mood. Go there on the evening.
Like everywhere else, you have to bargain again ;)Written 6 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Maafushi Island