Bodies of Water • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in Sierpe
What travellers are saying
- Perfekt and wonderful 3 hours on the River.
We saw a lot of animals with maybe the best motivated guide.
His Name is Luis. He saw really everything and we learned a lot of new things about animals, plants and costa rica.
Try to get him on board for a day you will never forget!
Thanks Luis!Written 15 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Linn was very knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna. He knew just where to find local species!Written 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- James was a great tour guide! super enthusiastic and informative boat tour. He also sends you pictures after the trip which is super great. Also amazing with kids!Written 27 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This review is long overdue. We had an amazing night frogging with Raby and his assistant Isaac. Saw many species of tree frogs as well as some snakes.
Raby is a very knowledgeable guide and we learned a ton from him about the wildlife around Sierpe and throughout Costa Rica. He spent quite a while looking for a red eyed tree frog that we really wanted to see. He also gave some great tips for photography.
As an added bonus, when we wanted t-shirts Raby had them made and brought them to us in Uvita!
All in all, Raby went over and above every step of the way to give us an experience we will never forget. We are already making a list of frogs we want to see next and we will book with Sierpe Frogs to see them.Written 14 October 2022
- We had a great experience with Sierpe Outfitters for our private group tour. We took the mangrove and snorkeling tour to Caño Island. The guide, Cesar, was very knowledgeable and attentive to our group, and made sure the children in our group were having fun. The Captain, Steven, was excellent! He really knows how to maneuver the boat in a safe and smooth manner. We felt 100% safe with him behind the wheel. The food, prepared by Simone was so delicious and she was able to cater to the vegetarians in the group. The only thing we wish could have been better was the snorkeling. The water was very murky from the sediment that had washed into the water from the heavy rains the previous day. Thank you for a great trip!Written 27 November 2022
- If I could, I would give Ceasar more than five stars! He guided our small group on an exploration of the wildlife at Corcovado. He is exceptionally knowledgable, well spoken, friendly, and goes far above and beyond any expectations we had, even carrying my pack when I got tired! He was able to point out clues as we encountered them, explaining what we would see in a few moments, helping me to learn more and more about each of the species we encountered and photographed. Do you want the Latin name of the species? done. The history of how the plant arrived here? answered. The animal's preferred diet or seasonal behavior? no problem.
Ceasar ís perfectly bi-lingual and a joy to spend the day with.
Ceasar also worked well with the staff and other guides to ensure that everyone - not just our group - had an excellent experience. The next time that I come to Costa Rica, I will absolutely call Ceasar at Osa Nature Lovers!Written 26 September 2022
- We had the privilege of being hosted by Miguel, a guide who loved sharing the different aspects of the river with us. We were not the norm and he tailored his guiding to show us a wide variety of ecosystems and their inhabitants from large to small. This 3 hour trip was great value for money, with a comfortable canopied small boat and Miguel showed us the best of Costa Rican hospitality, taking care of each of our needs and happily sharing his knowledge. I loved the mangroves and the forests on the river along with good views of a great variety of water birds, monkeys, reptiles and mangrove crabs.Written 24 July 2019
- My friend and I booked a Mangrove tour to see more wildlife. Initially when we booked they said it would be private with 2 of us. Anticipating a small boat, I said I’d prefer one more stable and comfortable. They said no problem, we will put you on the pontoon. When we got there, there was a man trying to coordinate a special deal for his family and paid $50 extra I believe to not have to share the boat. As it turns out, that was our pontoon. We ended up on a small boat, no backs to the seats...not private...engine went out several times...and though the guide was nice, he read most things from a book.
Worst experience in Costa Rica....and yes I did try to address when we returned and the manager did nothing.
Gave it 2 stars, cause we did see 3 types of monkeys.Written 20 February 2019
- We have seen many animals, a baby whale jumping quite a spectacle, the best snorkeling. Come and enjoy this unforgettable experiTaken the best tour I've done in my life, Josué taken the best guide I've ever met, you can see the love he has for what he does and for nature. Highly recommendWritten 30 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sierpe