Top Attractions in Pilsen
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- It was a very nice experience to see the Pilsner Urquell Brewery in person. In addition to the lovely old architecture of the building, it was great to have a cold Pilsner Urquell on draft, right at the source!Written 17 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited during poor weather in November, and found it a bit hard to access from the tram stop, but it was worth the effort. We have seen a cheetah, snow leopard, Amur leopard, and a pack of lions - with a sweet lion cub :) the zoo is also combined with a botanical garden, so it must be really lovely in the spring and summer.Written 24 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fascinating tour, but make sure you know where to go and show up on time! Otherwise, they're pretty rude.A really fascinating underground tour of the complex of tunnels and small rooms that families allowed to brew beer in the 14th century dug by hand. Be warned, this tour originates from a building that is NOT within the Pilsen Brewery, but is in the old city town square, which is at least a 20 minute walk from the Brewery. We didn't realize this and by the time we found the building, our tour had started. The women at the ticket office were quite upset with us, and while we tried to explain we would be happy to join the next tour in whatever language it was in, as we realized we were late. Just a note to them - yelling at us in Czech doesn't make us understand you any better. But one employee did walk us down throught the tunnels to catch up with the English tour, which was about 10-15 minutes into the tour, although she clearly wasn't happy about doing this. Our male tour guide was wonderful - he obviously loved the history and heritage of his city. There are some extremely tight spaces to walk through, so if you have a thing for being in tight spaces underground, this might not be for you. But the few tight spaces open up into larger spaces that are not so confined. The area around the Underground Tour office is within the old city square and is beautiful!Written 25 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A treasure and gem of Plzen, Czech Republic, the Cathedral of Saint Bartholomew is sure not to disappoint! A visit to Plzen, without a visit to Saint Bartholomew, is incomplete… whether you want to go to say a Prayer, admire the architecture, both, or more.Written 16 January 2023
- Christmas markets was on so nice atmosphere. Only a small square and quite quiet apart from the market, very attractive old townWritten 1 December 2022
- Interesting place, clean and expand your vision. Very recommend for all people. I'm from Israel and I first time in so big sinagogueWritten 10 June 2022
- You need at least 2-3 hours to read and visit all of the centre. Descriptions are available in Czech, English and German.Written 24 November 2022
- So much more interesting and educational then the Pilsner Urquell Brewery tour. This place provides tons of background on brewing beer with a large number of artifacts. Everything in English also.Written 18 October 2019
- Brighter building facing the square and church. Looks like a classic old town house from a few hundred years ago but stand outWritten 1 December 2022
- Take the opportunity to photograph or just take in the spleandour of this monument. Easily found in this square of Pilsen.Written 1 July 2019
- Historical artefacts about the struggle coming from the Czech Resistance and how they overcome the odds to liberate the Plzen city with the assistance of the US Armor Forces. (the 16th Armored Division and elements of the 97th and 2nd Infantry Divisions liberated Pilsen)
Simple and yet fascinating appealing attraction if you are a WW2 Fan. Don't missed it. It is just located behind the mall - Plzen Plaza.Written 19 December 2022
- I think this is one of the best religious museum what we have ever seen. The former monastry was wonderfully renovated - the artifacts are real gems. The Saint Barbora chapel with it paintings from the 14. century are amazing! The "Jewl Case" and the Monastry Library are both great.Written 21 July 2017
- The puppets are a tradition in Czechia. The Loutek Puppet Museum is an enchanted place for children and also for adults. You can touch and play with many of the dolls and you can even prepare your own show. It is increbible! It is a must in Plzen!Written 28 August 2021
- It was a fun place to visit on A nice sunny day. Lots of fun with the children but not to be taken to seriously. Lots of children so be warned lolWritten 20 August 2018
- A thoroughly enjoyable collection of Czech glass and ceramics in a beautifully restored building. There is much to see for a one floor exhibit, although too much about old locks and keys perhaps. Along with Czech arts there are German Meissen and French Sevres porcelain pieces… and some ancient Greek, Italian, and Asian wares. I spent more time here than any other museum in Pilsen. Note that the Museum of West Bohemia is several distinct collections in the same location, of which Applied Arts and Crafts (umělecké řemeslo) is just one. It occupies the third floor of the building and the ticket was 80 Czech Koruna when I visited.Written 22 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Pilsen
- The best day trips from Pilsen according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Famous Glassworks And Pilsner Brewery Day Trip With Czech Traditional Lunch
- Glass and Brewery Day Trip from Prague
- Private Tour to Pilsner Urquell from Prague
- Prague-Munich One-Way Sightseeing Day Tour
- Pilsen Tour, Pilsner Urquell Brewery, Zoological and Botanical Garden + Dinopark
Pilsen Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 12:17 am|