- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- It was a very unique place that I have never been in my life with an enormous
site and views all around was indeed a very pleasant atmosphere to stay for a couple of hours with friends.Written 30 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even thought the get did not have an attached toilet, overall, our stay here was nice. The place was well managed and it was well located being in a national park. They brought in a musician and locals to demonstrate local customs and food and it was great. The food for dinner and breakfast were really good. The place seemed to be well managed. And, you will meet some of the most interesting travelers here due to the wild horses nearby.Written 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good cultural experience especially for tourists/foreigners. Customers can enjoy wearing traditional costumes.Written 9 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful wild woodlands, considering its so close to the city. Very pleasant hiking and camping. Easily accessible for a short visit.Written 26 November 2019
- Mongolia is so fantastic, unique, gorgeous and such a free landscape. I am highly recommend western Mongolia. Thanks for our guide and driver. We could done this trip without moogii and Bataa.Written 22 June 2016
- Most travel books say that there are over 10 different animal species here but we only saw squirrels, marmots and the Takhi horse. However, the Takhi horse is a highlight of this place and it was a pleasure to be able to watch this untamed horse brought back from near extinction.
We didn't see any horses until 1830 in the evening and people had given up after the assumption that the horses will not come down to drink water after heavy rains of previous night. But around 1845 we saw over 30 Takhi horses at a location near the only Ger lodging in the park.
Like a safari, you need to be patient. As per the rules, you are not supposed to go within 300 meters of all wildlife in the park but I saw many visitors getting really close to the horses.
We enjoyed the off-road driving but it is not for everyone. The food at the only lodge in the park was pretty good and the view at night is unforgettable.Written 9 September 2019
- While visiting the Russian Zaisan Memorial, one is able to see a large golden Buddha Statue at the base of the hill. After climbing down the 300 plus stairs from the Zaisan Memorial, one drives down the hill and finds a snow covered Buddha in a crowded field. This particular status is 23 meter in height and gold in color. Very nice statue built with South Korean financial investment. Personally I think the money could have been put to better use. Initially the statue was in the field by itself, but over the years it has been crowded out by construction of apartment houses and other buildings. Buddha Vista mall is within a short walk from the statue. Good place to grab a cup of coffee and a snack. The statue faces toward Ulaanbaatar City. It is believed that Buddha is watching over the city to ensures peace and harmony to its residents. One can only imagine what Buddha is thinking now. "How can I watch over the city with all these buildings in the way?" Very interesting statue, If you are visiting the Zaisan Memorial a stop at Buddha Park is necessary. If not the trip just to see Buddha is not worth the time, due to the construction congestion and pollution in the area. .Written 7 December 2019
- I went here a couple times to try my hand at skiing. Nice place to do that and they also have a very fun sledding slope. They have a restaurant as well and there is a shuttle that will bring you here from the Shangri La Mall area.Written 19 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Ulaanbaatar
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Ulaanbaatar:
- Genghis Khan Statue One Day Tour +Bonus Terelj National Park And Aryabal Temple
- A day trip to Terelj National Park and Statue of Chinggis Khan
- 1 Day Semi-Gobi All-included tour
- Private Jeep City tour with English Speaking Driver
- Genghis Khan Statue Tour + Bonus Gorkhi-Terelj National Park One Day tour
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Ulaanbaatar:See more nature & parks for children in Ulaanbaatar on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Ulaanbaatar:See more nature & parks for groups in Ulaanbaatar on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Ulaanbaatar:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Ulaanbaatar on Tripadvisor