What travellers are saying
- I recently had the incredible opportunity to embark on a horse-riding adventure with the Manchu people in Gorkhi-Terelj National Park, leading us to the enchanting Princess Temple.
The Manchu guides warmly welcomed us into their community when we set foot in the national park. Their deep knowledge and passion for their culture were evident as they shared stories and anecdotes about the history of the Princess Temple and the significance it holds for the Manchu people. Surprisingly, their English was very good so we didnt need to use translation devices.
As we mounted our horses and set off on our journey, the Manchu guides led us through the park skillfully, showcasing their exceptional horsemanship skills and deep connection with these magnificent animals.
Throughout the ride, the guides shared fascinating insights into Manchu traditions, customs, and way of life. They explained the historical significance of the Princess Temple, recounting the love story between the Mongolian prince and the Manchu princess and the tragic events that unfolded. Their storytelling transported us back in time, allowing us to appreciate the cultural significance of this sacred site.
Arriving at the Princess Temple was a truly awe-inspiring moment. The temple, surrounded by the remnants of brick walls, stood as a testament to the enduring legacy of the Manchu people. The guides explained the architectural features and symbolism behind the temple's design, deepening our understanding of Manchu culture and spirituality.
The horse riding experience with the Manchu people in Gorkhi-Terelj National Park was not just a thrilling adventure but a transformative journey of cultural discovery. Through their expertise and genuine enthusiasm, the Manchu guides provided us with a profound understanding of their traditions, values, and history.
I left Gorkhi-Terelj National Park deeply appreciating the Manchu people and their enduring connection to their cultural roots. This horse riding experience was a gateway to a world of ancient traditions and a reminder of the importance of preserving and celebrating diverse cultures.Written 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful wild woodlands, considering its so close to the city. Very pleasant hiking and camping. Easily accessible for a short visit.Written 26 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- WOW, what can I say! In cooperation with our American tour company, Adventure Associates (AA), the Dream Mongolia (DM) experience was amazing. My husband and I requested this tour from Sandra Braun of AA. This was the first ever tour of Mongolia put together by Adventure Associates in Seattle. Sandra (AA) and Doogie (DM) worked miracles to be sure we got to see and do everything we had requested. Our travel guide, Gur, was a wonderful interpreter, guide, advisor and all-around great guy. We laughed the entire time cruising overland to the different sights; who needs roads! The camel and horseback rides were a wonderful treat. All of the ger camps were very comfortable and the food service was delicious. The best part of the trip was the Golden Eagle Festival in Olgii. An amazing example of true Mongolian culture.Written 29 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I had a great experience touring Terelj NP and the Gobi through SunPath and highly recommend the company. We had a lovely day trip to Terelj and an equally good five-night, six-day trip south to the Gobi. Sunpath’s owner/manager, Doljmaa, was fast to respond to emails and answer questions, and our guide, Bella, was as lovely as her name, extremely fluent in English, and shared lots of interesting facts about areas we traveled through. Our driver, Dodge, was skillful and we were impressed by his ability to navigate the many unmarked tracks our trip took us through.
We had hoped to join group tours but were told our dates didn’t fit, so we ended up with private ones, the benefits of which were a very comfortable jeep with chargers and much more flexibility around stops. Nights get quite chilly in Oct, but SunPath provided very warm sleeping bags and we were never uncomfortable. A couple of evenings our hosts cooked and other nights Bella or Dodge did, and we always felt well-fed and cared for. Out of five nights in gers (yurts), only one had low cleaning and a filthy outhouse, all other stays we could tell that owners had worked hard to make their homesteads as welcoming as possible.
The absolute highlight of the trip was the 100-mile-long Khongor Sand Dunes. You do not want to miss these! Don’t be daunted by the climb, just take it slowly, the view from the top is so worth it!
Unfortunately, I did not find any of the TripAdvisor reviews before we went because I searched for Sun Path as two words instead of one and nothing showed. I discovered the company through the terrific travel blogs “Going the Whole Hogg” and “Bucket List” which are worth looking at to see what your trip will be like.
We are recommending Sunpath, SunPath, Sun Path to all our friends and family. Thank you Doljmaa, Bella and Dodge for a good introduction to your beautiful country!Written 4 November 2023
- Excellent trip with Goyo to Eagle festival and home stay . Communication and information was first class and the whole trip was organised perfectly from start to finish . Guides were great and it was the trip of a lifetime . Highly recommendedWritten 1 November 2023
- Awesome trip with Four Seasons! I did a 6-day Gobi Desert tour off-season, and I was also a little apprehensive being a solo female traveler. I specifically sought out this company as a woman-owned business (Ogi) and also for the fact that the tour guide was a woman (Mishka). From the get go, Ogi was extremely responsive and tailored the tour specifically to my needs, priorities, and schedules. She made sure to think of everything, and answered any and all questions I had. Once on the tour, Mishka was such a great guide - as well as cook! I was a little worried about all the meat served in Mongolia, but the meals that Mishka prepared were considerate of Western diets and were very very tasty!! Nyaama was an excellent driver - I have no idea how he was able to navigate the challenging dirt roads of the Gobi without using a map or technology, but he is very experienced, knowledgeable, and safe! Him and Mishka were super attentive to me and making sure I was warm, comfortable, and safe throughout the tour. Beautiful views, amazing experience, and excellent service!! Thank you to Four Seasons Mongolia - would definitely recommend them!!Written 15 November 2023
- Our group of 8 had a awesome time doing the White Lake tour with Nomadic off road
All the staff were friendly helpful and well organised
It was an experience that will never be forgotten and would recommend anyone thinking about it to make the effect
Thanks Nomadic for looking after us all
John from North YorkshireWritten 24 October 2023
- Discover Mongolia made this a trip of a life time. Our guides were amazing! Over the 21 days of travel we were well cared for, and felt like family. Our main guide, Khishi was absolutely fabulous. Mongolia is an amazingly beautiful country, with stunning vistas and much off road or dirt road access. I was constantly impressed with the skill of our driver to deliver us safely to our destination.Written 9 November 2023
- We are a family of 4 with 19yo and 9yo girls. We booked a 5-day tour with New Milestone covering Ulaanbaatar, Terelj, Elsen Tasarkhai (Mini Gobi), Kharkhorin. We did camel rides, horse rides, sand dune sledding. Visited the Chinggis Khan statue, museums, ancient monasteries and even a mini Naadam Festival. The most interesting parts of the tour were the visits to the homes of the local nomads. Every nomadic family is so welcoming with hot tea always ready, plus a spread of their homemade yogurt, butter and Mongolian snacks. Their gers are the same yet different in many ways. They are so open and friendly to share about their nomadic livelihood to foreigners like us. Fun activities aside, I had a great time learning about their culture and now have great respect for the Mongolians I’ve met. Many history books have probably portrayed the Mongolians as aggressive warriors. But they are actually survivors in the harsh environments and a friendly bunch.Written 14 November 2023
- We just returned from an amazing tour from Mongolia. Zoloo was quick and detailed with her replies to our initial inquiries. She put together an interesting itinerary that covers Gobi Deset and Western Mongolia and visited nomad families. We were lucky to have been assigned Tim and Mugi as our guide and driver. Tim is the dream tour guide for every tourist. He speaks perfect English and has good knowledge of the country, culture and history, has a good sense of humour and takes amazing photos. It felt like we were travelling with an old friend. Mugi is very caring and constantly ensure that we were comfortable throughout the journey. His excellent driving skills have ensured that the long drives on the bumpy dirt road very enjoyable. We stayed in some standard tourist ger and some luxury ger with ensuite bathrooms, all are clean and comfortable. Highly recommend Travel Buddies if you are looking for an agency that provides excellent services.Written 7 September 2023
- The Altai trekking tour was one of the best hikes I’ve ever been on. With its jaw dropping scenery, friendly welcoming guides, combined with its delicious Kazakh cuisine, I struggle to think what could’ve been done better! I would definitely recommend anyone to do this who has love for hiking!Written 26 July 2023
- It was a wonderful tour experience in Mongolia! Mongolia is beautiful and I was amazed by the landscape and wildlife along the way. The accommodations at the ger camps were comfortable and clean, and the food provided everyday were delicious. The tour activities such as horse and camel riding were fun and enjoyable.
Our guide, Ankhaa, and driver Ochiroo were friendly and thoughtful, and ensured that we were well taken care of. They went above and beyond to make the tour experience enjoyable and memorable for my friends and I.
I will recommend engaging View Mongolia for anyone keen to travel to Mongolia!Written 1 October 2023
- I had a "travel" experience on Zoom with Bachi. He was wonderful and I was so grateful for the experience. The only problem was Moneygram not excepting additional on-line experiences with Bachi.Written 27 August 2020
- Thank you for the beautiful experiences that me and my group had in Mongolia, a wonderful country!
The local guides, Tebo and Khamza had an excellent work, thanks of their empathy and professionalism.
I highly recommend tour Mongolia for its organization and for their availability to follow my request for to customize our trip.Written 11 October 2023
- 2 of my friends and I did a 3 day tour with Man of millennium. We visited mini gobi, terelj and a large statue of Genghis khan. We are very happy to have chosen man of millennium tour's service. Horse riding and camel riding were enjoyable too. The team worked perfectly. Thank you Uuna for organzing our trip on short notice. We highly recommend Man of millennium to anyone seeking an unforgettable travel experience in Mongolia.Written 6 November 2023