What travellers are saying
- The complex consists in six temples originally occupied by the brother of the ruler the Eighth Bogd Jetsun Dampa Khan, Choijin Lama Luvsankhaidav, who was the state oracle.
The complex looks like an ancient temple but it was built in 1908.
Unfortunately I can’t go inside, unbelievably the ticket office don’t accepted credit cardsWritten 30 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whenever I visit UB, I always come to buy at this shop.
The shop is a bit smaller than before Corona. I see that the number of products has also decreased. I would be grateful if you could add more products again.Written 3 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I had a great experience touring Terelj NP and the Gobi through SunPath and highly recommend the company. We had a lovely day trip to Terelj and an equally good five-night, six-day trip south to the Gobi. Sunpath’s owner/manager, Doljmaa, was fast to respond to emails and answer questions, and our guide, Bella, was as lovely as her name, extremely fluent in English, and shared lots of interesting facts about areas we traveled through. Our driver, Dodge, was skillful and we were impressed by his ability to navigate the many unmarked tracks our trip took us through.
We had hoped to join group tours but were told our dates didn’t fit, so we ended up with private ones, the benefits of which were a very comfortable jeep with chargers and much more flexibility around stops. Nights get quite chilly in Oct, but SunPath provided very warm sleeping bags and we were never uncomfortable. A couple of evenings our hosts cooked and other nights Bella or Dodge did, and we always felt well-fed and cared for. Out of five nights in gers (yurts), only one had low cleaning and a filthy outhouse, all other stays we could tell that owners had worked hard to make their homesteads as welcoming as possible.
The absolute highlight of the trip was the 100-mile-long Khongor Sand Dunes. You do not want to miss these! Don’t be daunted by the climb, just take it slowly, the view from the top is so worth it!
Unfortunately, I did not find any of the TripAdvisor reviews before we went because I searched for Sun Path as two words instead of one and nothing showed. I discovered the company through the terrific travel blogs “Going the Whole Hogg” and “Bucket List” which are worth looking at to see what your trip will be like.
We are recommending Sunpath, SunPath, Sun Path to all our friends and family. Thank you Doljmaa, Bella and Dodge for a good introduction to your beautiful country!Written 4 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Discover Mongolia made this a trip of a life time. Our guides were amazing! Over the 21 days of travel we were well cared for, and felt like family. Our main guide, Khishi was absolutely fabulous. Mongolia is an amazingly beautiful country, with stunning vistas and much off road or dirt road access. I was constantly impressed with the skill of our driver to deliver us safely to our destination.Written 9 November 2023
- The Altai trekking tour was one of the best hikes I’ve ever been on. With its jaw dropping scenery, friendly welcoming guides, combined with its delicious Kazakh cuisine, I struggle to think what could’ve been done better! I would definitely recommend anyone to do this who has love for hiking!Written 26 July 2023
- I had a "travel" experience on Zoom with Bachi. He was wonderful and I was so grateful for the experience. The only problem was Moneygram not excepting additional on-line experiences with Bachi.Written 27 August 2020
- This was a trip that went above and beyond any expectations I had! ME is obviously a well run organization and took care of every need…not to mention the gorgeous scenery and friendly people. From staying in a ger hosted by a traditional family to a very educational walking tour of UB with great museums to the main event- 8 days of mountain biking in Selenge province- it was all perfect.
Our English speaking guide, Anu, was knowledgeable, capable and fit in with our group seamlessly. And then our bike mechanic, cook and both drivers of the vans were also just outstanding. They all worked well together and I think we all had fun with each other.
Great food (they accommodated 2 vegetarians in our group), very good equipment ( bikes and tents), and somehow with the usual snags that can happen with weather and things, everything came together seamlessly.
Mongolia is a very special place…and Mongolia Expeditions is an organization that I highly recommend with no reservation!Written 13 August 2023
- Incredible and amazing country. Horseback organised the trip fantastically, Emelyne was very attentive and we managed everything with her without any problem. The guide Amara, who speaks perfect Spanish, was simply great, as was the driver, Gambaa (I don't know if I'm spelling it right). 100% recommendableWritten 11 October 2023
- I became slightly sick part way through a Gobi Desert trip, and Rara Avis completely revised our itinerary. They got me to a pharmacy for some drugs and were willing to get me to a hospital (I declined). We're now staying in a hotel in Ulaanbaatar and venturing out on day trips - a concert, a Husted National Park visit and more.Written 9 August 2019