Nature & Wildlife Areas • Volcanoes
Nature/ Wildlife Areas in San Salvador
THE BEST San Salvador Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nature & Wildlife Areas in San Salvador
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks
What travellers are saying
- A trip to the top of Volcan San Salvador and El Boqueron National Park is a must if visiting San Salvador. It is a 30 minute Uber ride from the Zona Rosa area of San Salvador. Make sure you arrange for the driver to wait or return as there is no cell service at the top. It is a short mildly strenuous hike from the parking lot to the overlooks of the crater at the top of the volcano. We spent about 30-40 minutes hiking at the top. Great views of San Salvador from the road up to the top. Plenty of restaurants and cafes with spectacular views along the road to the volcano and at the top.Written 5 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We hiked through the forest with one of the original guerilla and he told us all and showed us some of the sites along the trail from the war. It was really neat being able to ask questions about everything that had happened here. The hike itself was pretty strenuous as it was uphill a lot, but it was short and there were tons of stops where we got a breather and were just listening to the guide. We hiked up to a cool lookout tower as well which offers amazing views over Lake Suchitlan. Afterwards, we hiked back down and cooled off in a secluded waterfall. One of them we had to climb down into a swimming hole and swim to it! This felt great especially after a humid and hot hike through the rain forest.Written 7 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a good place to run or take a walk offering you with various paths to wander around. It is a well-maintained tranquil place surrounded with trees and greens to escape from the city.Written 1 February 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about San Salvador
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in San Salvador:
- Best Day-Tour : Santa Ana Volcano Hiking + Panoramic View Lake Coatepeque
- Monkey Sanctuary Reserve + Kayaking at Bahía de Jiquilisco + Lunch Included
- Explore Tamanique Waterfalls Complex + Surf City El Tunco Beach
- Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour + Coatepeque Lake Sightseeing
- Santa Ana Volcano Sunrise
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in San Salvador:See more nature & wildlife areas in San Salvador on Tripadvisor