- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- A wide selection of shops - some expensive, some not . The food court on level 3 is huge, but the best eating places are on the ground floor. Good rainy day activity.Written 31 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Albrook Mall is the largest Mall in Panama. It is huge! The entire length of the mall is equal to seven football fields.
Planning to get some exercise? This is a great place to go walking. Walking from one end to the other will take half a day's time.
Albrook Mall is a great place to shop, stay, or plan your travels while in Panama City.
At one end is the newly opened Panama Marriott Hotel. (Read our separate review of the hotel here on Trip Advisor.)
The National Bus Terminal is connected to the Mall on the second floor. It is also very easy to cross the street on the ground floor. The Bus Terminal is where you will catch transportation to any other location in Panama and even to the Frontera (Costa Rica Border). There is also one bus that comes from Costa Rica.
The sad part of this review is reporting how many storefronts have closed inside of the Mall. This was the result of the pandemic. Slowly, but surely, new businesses are opening up.
Even with the closures, there are more than enough places to find whatever it is you are looking for.
For those traveling from the interior, get off the bus and spend a night at the Panama Marriott Hotel.
Want to explore Panama City... The Panama Metro (Line 1) is connected to the bus station. Just take the escalator up to walk over the busy Corredor Norte and then take the escalators down to the metro line.
If Panama is the "Bridge that connects the Americas" then Albrook Mall is the "Bridge that connects Panama City".
Travel, shopping, eating, and even staying at a hotel is all possible within this one structure.Written 16 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a wonderful art gallery/ museum. Carlos was so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. He told us many things about Panamanian art, artists and history in a very relaxed manner. This is a place were you can relax and enjoy many types of artwork in addition to paintings there are also sculptures, carvings and textiles. In my opinion this is a place you wouldn’t want to miss while in Panama City!Written 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Anything you want is here as it is the 14th largest in the world.
Lots of stores and places to eat especially nice food court.
Other than that a fairly typical mall.Written 30 December 2022
- I think it is Panama's newest. Very nice but none of the inexpensive stores like Titan or Costco. In a great location.Written 28 September 2019
- You'll find no-frills seafood at this restaurant/market near Cinta Costera. Mercado De Mariscos is Panama City's vibrant fish market. The fish couldn't be fresher and the beer was super cold. Try the ceviche with patacones, the seafood stew, or some Frito Pescado. You can also pick up a plastic cup of ceviche from the market below or relax in one of the open-air bars near the dock. The market opens at 6 am, but the restaurant's hours are 11 am to 5 pm daily except the third Monday of the month when the fish market does housekeeping. The price point of most of the restaurants is kinda pricey for Panama, but the freshness of the food is worth it. Also, it is packed during the lunch hour.Written 7 July 2022
- Beautiful gallery. I had read about Karavan in my Lonely Planet Central America book prior to coming to Panama. I envisioned a large store with many items to purchase, but there was little to buy. Nonetheless, I walked out with two large, beautiful pieces. It is more expensive than going to the Embera community, but the Embera communities sell smaller items so if you're looking for something larger like I was, it's definitely worth the stop.Written 26 December 2022
- I recently visited Panama and never expected to bring home a piece of fine art. However, I was drawn into DGriss Art Gallery by some beautiful pieces. I went in to just take a look and was so pleasantly surprised by the owner speaking perfect English to me. I met her artist husband, who also speaks perfect English, and had such an interesting and knowlegable conversation about the art, the artists and what to keep in mind during the buying process...I left with a gorgeous piece of art for my living room! They even shipped it home for me without any problems! I highly recommend visiting the gallery on your trip to Panama!Written 16 May 2013
- Several storefronts remain to be installed. It is very clean and in a nice area just outside the city proper. There is a nice piazza with a number of al fresco dining spots as well as indoor dining.Written 23 June 2022
- If you’re looking for bargains don’t bother coming here. This mall is full of upscale high-end stores. If you’re looking for that it is excellent and if you’re looking for the basics it is not. Very nicely appointed. Fancy restaurants and cafes abound.Written 22 April 2018
- A nice average size mall with cheaper prices than some other places. Located opposite the Hard Rock Hotel.Written 13 October 2019
- This shopping arcade was just like a next-door shopping place, with a lot of cheap-priced products but no special attractions.Written 26 December 2019
- Panama has grown considerably since we started coming in 2002. It used to be that you had to run around Panama City just to try to find two sets of matching curtains, however that has now changed, and this mall makes it even easier to enjoy a bit of shopping, without the stress of running into the City (we have a 2nd home in Coronado...)Written 11 June 2017
- It is long n worth the walk. Got most my bras from a store very close to titans....was the most variety for my size...I wear 36dd. There are like 3 clothing stores b4 titans...really worth going to...most reviews online said to expect characters....everyone was friendly...but I did try to fit in as much as possible...dressing like I lived there and not speaking unless necessary...as i didn't know much Spanish...enjoyed the trip !Written 31 December 2019
- Right up there with visiting museums, if you are a person who enjoys art NG is a must visit while in Panama City. With an incredible showcase of latin and international talent only available here this visit is assured to make you live an unique experience.Written 15 October 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Panama City
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Panama City:See more shopping for groups in Panama City on Tripadvisor