What travellers are saying
- Had a nice, free private tour around the mansion included in ticket. NO pressure for a tip. Nice interior, In some rooms (family shrine?) it's not allowed to take photos. Hidden between modern buildings, easy to miss.Written 23 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the best tourists destination in Indonesia. A beautiful and amazing Multi-cultural great architecture. Thousands of faithfuls, Christians and non Christians throng together everyday to get he and blessed. There is a natural spring water come from under the stature of Annai Velangkanni. Pure and can drink. We have visited for more than 10 times. Thanks to Fr. James for providing accommodation.Written 27 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just a stone’s throw from Maimun Palace, this building is in similar Indo-Saracenic style, and - to this reviewer at least - a much more worthwhile visit. The main hall is elaborately decorated, its dome sporting a huge chandelier in the centre. Around the building there are clean, well kept cloisters overlooking the grounds. The overall effect is imposing and peaceful rather than likeable, but it’s definitely worth a visit. If you’re a ‘bule’ (foreigner) a donation will be expected.Written 8 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent place and beautiful place. Inside the temple there is a Vegetarian Restaurant called Teko Healthy Vegetarian Restaurant. The price is reasonable! Give it a try. Many choices and dishes. Wifi available too. Cheers from Malaysia!Written 19 September 2019
- The beauty of the idol island lies in its shaded blue beaches and the large number of large rocks,
There are many activities that can be done by tourists, such as enjoying the beauty of the island by going around the island, snorkeling, diving, trekking and riding to the lighthouse. Surely any activities carried out in this place should not not ride the lighthouse to see the scenery around the island more clearlyWritten 23 November 2019
- Beautiful area of Sumatra. The active volcano was cool to see. There is a restaurant there, farm to plate, Gundaling restaurant, excellent. loved the atmosphere, food was great and freshest milk i have had anywhere in my travels.Written 20 June 2022
- A visit to this museum will give you an appreciation and understanding of the people groups and their culture of the province of North Sumatra, Medan being the principal city. Allocate 2 hours, and try to go as soon as the museum opens since some rooms are not air conditioned. Two school groups were there at the same time which made the visit a little unpleasant as some were unruly, but it was nice to connect with some younger, friendly Indonesians. Worth the visit. The entrance fee is insanely cheap and you pay for it at the kiosk at the entrance to the property, not in the building.Written 14 June 2020
- Relatively new mall and observing safety and health SOP for the comfort of customers. Body temperature monitoring and hand wash available at main entrances. Visitors to the mall generally wore masks. Not too crowded by visiting around 11 am to avoid unneccessary exposure. We had our lunch at the Paradise Dynastry restaurant which also observed temperature monitoring and hand sanitising at entrance. Fork and spoon in hot water are provided for more assurance. Picked up a few items from the ACE and done with the shopping and left for home to stay safe. A short Saturday noon outing break. Cheers.Written 24 October 2020
- A nice and colourful Chinese temple with many deities. If you have extra time, good to spend about an hour here walking around the temple. No entrance fees required.Written 14 March 2019
- Istana maimun, it's a local melayu palace calld maimun, located close to masjid raya, medan, north sumaatera ...
Its a nice istana, well maintained, just a bit rough front yard area, its a huge area ...
To enter the istana, you must take a ticket ...Written 11 October 2023
- Large structure with many statues of Buddha, one very large is positioned outside and you can touch his big belly for good luck. This temple welcomes all ethnic groups and religions. You can also take photos, to visit if you are nearby or interested!Written 29 August 2020
- I'm so proud of Medan, one of the most multicultural cities in Indonesia. There's a special place called Little India. They have a beautiful Hindu Temple here. Festive and colorful. You can enter the temple for free. However, you can donate money to support the temple. Please take off your shoes before entering the main room. Not far from the temple, there's a foodcourt named Pagaruyung and Sun Plaza.Written 14 January 2020
- I left this museum with mixed feelings and was split between satisfaction for being able to see so many diverse animals for the first time and sadness and disgust upon so many hunting trophies glorifying killing of animals for sport only.
For the ticket of 150.000 IDR (price for foreigners) you get a guided tour with nice and well informed guide.
The butterfly and other incects section is large and very nice in spite of some kitschy arrangements (like are "The Beatles"). I was glad that was able to see Coelacanth the living fossil fish found in Indonesian waters - there are not many places on Earth where you can see it.Written 3 September 2019
- It's very good that there is a train link from the airport to the city center but there is plenty of room for improvement. The fumes and the noisy diesel engine were not what I expected. It runs on time but there is no service early in the morning.Written 9 January 2023
- many exciting and challenging rides, this amusement park also comes with attractive decorations in a variety of themes. Towards weekends and holidays, this place is always full of visitors.
Once satisfied to surround the playground, buddy traveler can take a walk in the Greenhill tourist area. This place is specifically designed to highlight the feel of nature.Written 23 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Medan
- The best day trips from Medan according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Tour: Karo Highlands and Lake Toba from Medan
- Sunrise Tour or Hiking Mount Sibayak From Medan
- Full Day Private Tour in Lake Toba View and Karo Highlands From Medan City
- One day tour to explore brastagi High land & lake Toba departure from Medan
- Medan - Bukit Lawang Fullday Tour
Medan Attractions Information
|Thursday 8:17 am|