Points of Interest & Landmarks • Caverns & Caves
What travellers are saying
- A highlight in Ipoh. It's well worth climbing the steps to the top. And the traditional Chinese fortune teller there was amazing. Go during the week when it's not so crowded.Written 10 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A place of interest that is a must to visit when you visit Ipoh. This is another Chinese temple that is built inside the cave. The only difference is that there have a lake and garden behind the temple. This temple is good for elderly and family with children. It is free of charge and there is ample of free car park (which is recommended). The drive to there is about 5.7km from the cityWritten 17 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The journey there was around 15 mins by car from old town. The roads leading up to the entrance of the cave/lake was full of gravel so the car must drive in slowly. The experience was very short, overall 10-15 mins and you would be done by it also depends on your preference on how long to stay at the site. The view was stunning and worthwhile going first thing in the morning when the crowds are less so you can get pictures of the scenery on its own without people interfering in the shots. There's a coffee shop nearby which you can have their famous kopi at as well. Prices are a little steep at this shop.Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I only have one comment to make which is about the animals there.....especially the ponies...
They look rather thin and when I was there today the 3 ponies looked hungry and one pony was nibbling on the sand. There wasnt any food or water for them. Hope the Ipoh Town Council could look into this matter immediatelyWritten 10 September 2023
- Nice place to visit.There was a lake and you have to use the boat to cross it from jetty to the island. At island you can see monkeys,birds and others and there was mini zoo as well. Your kids will love to see the animalsWritten 7 November 2022
- Park close to Kinta river. Good for morning walks as it is not crowded like pool ground. Watch out for mosquitoes near shrubbery especially during rainy season. Bridges over large pond which has tilapia, koi and turtles.Written 24 January 2023
- Lovely pomelo farm. Easy walkways and nice for photo taking. Lots of pomelo fruit and products for sale. They organize group tours too.Written 25 October 2022
- After experiencing months of movement control order, finally a nice place to go with my family. Around 30minutes to get to the observation deck site. The view from top is superb and astounding. The air is so fresh and chill.Written 26 March 2021
- This park is very popular. When we went in the evening, some people were flying kites in the open field, children were running around playing all sorts of games, the playground was full. The exercise equipment in the gym corner was also quite popular. Children could also rent roller blades, tricycles, etc. A great place to spend the evening with your family or loved ones!Written 12 September 2019
- I walked along this river walk afew times walking into the city centre. It's not too nice but ok to walk along. It is very quiet area I would not walk along after dark.Written 6 November 2022
- It's open 6 to 10am and 4.30 to 6.30pm. It's a lovely park for jogging or leisure with friends and family. Only has 1 toilets which is under maintenance. It would be nice if Taiko can provide table and chair with USB, so people can have picnic with hot tea.Written 14 December 2021
- It is a big park with many interesting features. Good to see it well utilised by the young and old, singles and families. Plenty of space for children to play and trails for jogging. I like the landscape with bridges and lakes and big trees. Nice place to go for recreation.Written 12 September 2019
- - Traffic Jam on the way in and out of parking lot because it has only one way to drive in and one way to exit (not the same entrance)
- some activity such as riding a motor car, bike are expensive
+ good for kids to play in playground
+ there is a water playground in the evening
+ good for joggingWritten 2 January 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Ipoh
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Ipoh:
- Ipoh & Orang Utan Island Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Orang Utan Island Day Tour
- Private Tour : Orang Utan Island & Perak Cave Temple from Kuala Lumpur
- Orangutan Island & Perak Tong Cave Temple Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Orang Utan Island and Ipoh Private Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Ipoh:See more nature & parks for groups in Ipoh on Tripadvisor