Popular things to do
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Speciality Museums
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Bus Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- City Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Historic Sites
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Cultural Tours
- Art Museums
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Walking Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Shopping Malls
- Ports of Call Tours
- Family Friendly
- Art Galleries
- History Museums
- Flea & Street Markets
Top Attractions in George Town
Admission tickets from MYR 20.16
Admission tickets from MYR 31.99
Amusement & Theme Parks • Observation Decks & Towers
Admission tickets from MYR 84.81
Admission tickets from MYR 20.71
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Admission tickets from MYR 98.03
Observation Decks & Towers
Admission tickets from MYR 87.25
Admission tickets from MYR 20.52
Admission tickets from MYR 39.21
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Super interesting tour, really beautiful mansion and it was a pleasure to get an insight into the culture! Tour guide was very informative and entertaining!Written 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The visit was interesting to see the views over Georgetown and Butterworth, Avoid the run-down Belleview hotel as the restaurant was closed and would not even serve us a drink.Written 30 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- trishaw station located at this street, most of street art also nearby. this streets are full with souvenir shop, and dont forget to get rainbow ice kepal- refreshing!
recommend to stroll at night and rent a electric scooter rm25/hour - awesome experience!Written 16 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went for dinner at the restaurant - ambience is very nice. Food was fine dining. The staff at the hotel entrance very friendly and knows the history well. Can see the passion in his actionsWritten 30 April 2022
- The place is small but nice. I just think that they need a better location, somewhere more accessible. Tip to have good photos; ask assistance. They would tell you how to properly pose per spot. 450 pesos entrance fee is not bad considering that there is no time limit.Written 29 July 2022
- In this museum, they display variety of Malaysian food. So it very attract the foreign tourist to try all of the food by promoting them in the museum. It looks really tasty though and looks real.Written 14 June 2021
- We were not sure what we would find when we went off to these gardens. But - happily - we were very pleasantly surprised. Well laid out, well kept, the plants and tress are well labelled. A very enjoyable stroll through a set of gardens with a lot of variety and different views to enjoy.
Only problem is that some of the plant house cannot be entered at the moment because of Covid.
One complaint - the Japanese garden needs a lot of work - it is quite scruffy/untidy.
But - we had a good visit and would put it on out agenda to go again when next in Penang.Written 30 December 2020
- Excellent example of a Kongsi but very crowded with tour groups. You have to maneuver your way around them to get a view of the area. I visited in the morning when the sun was behind the building, difficult to get a good view of the roof figures.Written 6 March 2020
- Trip : 13 Dec 2021
There’s nothing much to look around. But if you’re good at taking photo..at the end of the jetty is actually good spot.
There’s lines of shop left and right of the jetty selling souvenirs, hat/cap, shirt.Written 27 July 2022
- Strongly suggest to visit this temple during Thaipusam as it will give immense experience about the festival and Hindu cultural experience.Written 27 February 2020
- Came to Penang a couple of times but never heard about this place before, so decided to give it a try. This is one of the Penang’s hidden gems. I was greeted by a lovely lady Elaine, my tour guide, who brought me back to the history of music in Penang. The whole tour took around 2 hours, but you will never feel the time passed, as they emphasize on engaging your senses. You are encourage to touch, feels and listen to the instruments. Had a blast here and hopefully more people can discover this place too. Please make an appointment at 012-416 1550 before drop by as they are following a strict SOP due to covid.Written 7 May 2022
- We found this site more interesting than the other temples we visited. Technically a mass burial site, it was great history and some interesting architecture.Written 1 December 2020
- Children will love it but it is also good for families of all ages. Worth a visit. Much to do and see - Science Center, kids' playland, Dinosaur museum, an aquarium, car bumper ride, skywalk, 360 degree rootop view (60th? floor) of Penang skyline. All-day fun pass allows for multiple entries and you can exit the place and return within the same day to enjoy the attractions as long as you have wrist tag intact on your wrist. Food at the Japanese corner is disappointing, rootop cafe/restaurant is unreasonably expensive, in my opinion. There are one Malay restaurant, a chinese restaurant ( reasonably priced), a fast food joint and some other stalls offering light bites.Written 25 July 2020
- Run by Georgetown seashore and passing by this commercial and authentic street. Had a revigorating replacement breakfast at HS Colazione Healthy Station at 352 Lebuh ChuliaWritten 3 May 2022
- The last visit to this Plaza was almost two years ago. Still vibrant inspite of the unprecedentsl Coronavirus aka COVID-19. Spacious and many shop outlets and eateries and cafes. Multistorey parking place. Large weekend crowd and shoppers. SOP for safety and social distancing applies.Written 22 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about George Town
- The best day trips from George Town according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Penang: Flexible 6-Hours Highlights
- Penang: Flexible Full-Day Adventures
- Penang City & Temple Tour with Penang Hill(Fast Lane) & Kek Lok Si
- Penang: Orang Utan Island & City Flexible Full Day Tour
- Penang: Orang Utan Island & City Flexible 6 hours Fun