What travellers are saying
- Parkson Grand is a high end department store occupying one corner of the biggest mall in Penang. Marks &Spencer has a smaller shop here too on the ground floor where main tenants are big international luxury brands. The upper levels hold all mobile phone companies and several smaller local businesses, mainly fashion. The food market in the basement is excellent and is surrounded by restaurants and take aways for all tastes.Written 12 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every Sunday from 11 o'clock the old bus depot near Komtar hosts a craft and food market popular with tourists and locals. Many are selling selfmade artefacts, jewellery, candles, paintings and then there is the guy with a collection of incredible live insects hiding among leafs in terrariums. A large selection of Asian dishes is cooked on the premises by eager home chefs.Written 17 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If something is missing from Plaza come here to find it. My favourite is the large Bookexcess store upstairs selling new publishers' cast out editions in English starting from 18 rm. Browsing the endless rows of books I have made acquintance with lots of new interesting authors. There is a supermarket also in this basement.Written 12 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The only thing that stands out to this mall is the tourist information center. The different types of tourist maps are really helpful for me as a person who wants to see more of the city. I was around the area near the bus stop so I managed to visit the mall for a couple of minutes. The vibes inside were like cheap clothes and phone accessories.Written 19 November 2023
- 1)The location is GOOD. MALL situated right in GEORGE TOWN Centre. BUS Terminal and Komtar. Prangin. Top. Malls all next to it !!
2)The FREE "CAT" Bus terminal also few minutes walk from Mall !!
3)Many Shops. Eateries. Sights....in and around the Mall.
4)The Mall has many shops offering: Clothings Cosmetics. Food. Medical care....H&M occupies 2 floors...
5)Air-con is Good and general conditions are Good.Written 5 September 2023
- I contacted David for his photo printing services, which I am very satisfied with the photos I got, he is very knowledgeable in the field of photography, a direct result of working for Reuters almost 30 years as photographer. I highly recommend if you want to print BIG.
David’s gallery is a must visit place, by appointment only. He has amazing photos about Malaysia, he works closely with Penang tourism to promote Penang/Malaysia. Kudos to his efforts. Being a Malaysian himself, he is very friendly and helpful to people like me, visiting Penang.Written 26 February 2023
- A native friend recommended this market to go to for the best breakfast duck kway teow (flat rice noodles - gluten free) soup at only 6RM! There were also other local delicacies to enjoy like penang laksa, char kway teow, poh piah etc. Old school biscuit standWritten 1 October 2022
- This food court is now very popular due to extended opening hours with most made on the spot drinks at a flat rate of RM 0.90. Don’t even have to go to balik pulau. The famous Balik Pulau laksa is available here.Written 5 August 2019
- It is a busy street just of Penang Road. You will find ample food stalls/ shops on either side of the road. It is quite tourist area so the food is a bit expansiveWritten 13 September 2023
- The building dates back to the same period as Komtar next to it and offers everyday clothing, shoes, bags and home decoration on several floors. It is quick and easy to enter the well stocked food department on ground level.Written 9 February 2023
- Large night market. Lots of food. Both sides of the street. Around corners. Go for a walk and see it all.Written 20 January 2020
- Absolutely wonderfully curated antique store - a unique gem in Penang consisting of very accessible pricing to more rare finds for the very selective seekers. Something for everyone hunting for beautiful pieces.Written 2 July 2023
- Went there by hired cab. They have selling tradition delicious foods.. will come again... like it very muchWritten 9 March 2020
- Quite frequent went there with my friend. Alot of choices. Range from nasi lemak to roti canai, char kuew tiow, nasi set for ikan bawal and my spot is half boiled eggs with beans and toasted bread.
The smells and the way they mix it. Suite my taste buds. The price is generous and the ambience is awsome.
Normally pack in the morning amd super pack during weekend.Written 1 October 2020
- One of the best and oldest art galleries in Malaysia, with a collection beyond compare of Malaysian old masters with excellent provenance. Quite possibly the most prolific in terms of publications, and their works are some of the most informative and well researched that I have come across.
Purchased my first art pieces from them, and have had many enjoyable trips since - there is always more to learn and stories to share. Ee Lene (the gallerist) is a true expert and enthusiast, having grown up being surrounded by art since young, and is continuing her family's legacy in art.Written 13 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about George Town
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in George Town:See more shopping for couples in George Town on Tripadvisor