- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Admission tickets from RM 100.17
Amusement & Theme Parks • Observation Decks & Towers
Admission tickets from RM 81.96
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
What travellers are saying
- I must mention that Selva was a very helpful staff that assisted us in taking pictures from various angles at the Courtyard which really made up for the shortcomings of the visit.
I have mixed feelings about the visit as the self guided tour was the same price as guided fyi (so you are better off booking the guided tour). The website did indicate that some parts of the mansion is beyond public visit (excld. in-house guest and visitors on tours) so not sure if this was an issue with the self guided tour. However, the visit of the mansion itself was a slight letdown as there weren't that many artefacts or areas to visit. The place gained much fame from a renowned movie and I was definitely expecting more from the tour.Tip:Book the guided tour in advance.Written 27 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A narrow street within the city of George Town. Within city’s UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s famous for its rich cultural offerings and street art.Written 21 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The correct name is 'Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist Temple'
It is located at No. 24 Lorong Burma, Pulau Tikus (one way street from Kelawai Road)Written 14 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful temple with the atmosphere of Thailand.
Interesting/surprising thing is that ash pots are place behind and below the lying Buddha statue.
Good place to explore.Written 22 May 2023
- It’s one of six wooden clan jetties in George Town. It features buildings and are inhabited by members of Penang’s Chinese immigrant community. Ancient Chinese traditions are being kept alive in this community including the ancient Taoist religion.Written 21 September 2023
- This was interesting . A good insight into the Muslim religion . The tour was good and the guide was passionate . Cover ups providedWritten 5 July 2023
- The biggest congregation of bicycle rickshaws is in front of the Chinese temples. I was offered a solo ride of 30 minutes for 25 rm, a fair price. Cafeterias and souvenir shops overwhelm the area crowded with tourists looking for street art, not so visible anymore.Written 16 February 2023
- Very popular among locals and visitors. Located not to far from Little India, this old temple has a strong charm and history how its developed.Written 17 May 2023
- The long street passing through Chinatown to Little India becomes really lively only in the evening with all the bars, restaurants and food stalls open. The traffic is constant with the practical bus 101 travelling along it both ways.Written 18 February 2023
- The cemetery visit is like going back in time when the first European settlers who came here and are buried there in their graves can be learnt of all those who established Penang as the fourth Presidency ogf East India Company beside Calcutta ,Madras and Bombay ..Written 15 April 2023
- A place that everyone should go. every step is worth the climb. The new temple is amazing. you will be wondering how they manage to build that is such a location. It's a miracle. Very calm and peaceful. A good place to meditate.
watch out for monkeys. Avoid bringing food and you may be attackedWritten 4 March 2022
- Queen, King and Penang streets running next to each other form the vibrant small business district of Little India with bright textiles and shining costume jewellery. Sri Maha Mariammam Temple is easy to sight from Lebuh Chulia where the bus stops. You can also take a leisurely sightseeing tour by a bicycle rikshaw which are driven nowadays more by strong younger men.Written 12 February 2023
- The Komtar used to be the tallest building but nomore. Built around 1974. The lower is a shopping centre. The mid section is the government admistrative centre.Written 30 June 2023
- This is one of the must visit places while in Penang.Not only is it pretty well maintained and is a pleasant sight in itself but also tells you the colonial history of the place.Written 30 September 2020
- It’s also called Queen Victoria Memorial Clock Tower. Located in George Town in the heritage district. Few minutes is enough to take a picture. It was effected during bombing in the WWII.Written 21 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about George Town
- These experiences are best for sights & landmarks in George Town:
- Admission Ticket for Dark Mansion Glow-in-the-Dark Museum in Penang
- Skip the Line: Penang Rainbow Skywalk at The Top Komtar Observation Deck Tickets
- THE TOP Komtar Penang Skywalk Admission Ticket
- Wonderfood Museum in Penang Admission Ticket
- Malaysia: Wonderfood Museum Penang
- These are the best places for budget-friendly sights & landmarks in George Town:
- Dharmikarama Burmese Temple
- Armenian Street
- Reclining Buddha Wat Chaiyamangalaram
- Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion
- Arulmigu Balathandayuthapani Temple