- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- The racecourse doesn't feature in any of the tourist maps + is a little difficult to find but a worthwhile afternoon pastime.The course is impeccable + the horses appear well cared for.After being informed at two different bus stations (Komtar + Jetty) that no bus goes to the track I booked Grab.The cost was reasonable at 10 r for a 15 minute ride.Admission was 6 r ($1.50 US).I noticed buses on a nearby road, Ayer Itam, so the ride home was only 1.40 r .
The racing started at 1.45pm + finished at 5.45.
Racing is on selected weekends.Check out the website for racedays.The jockeys seem to fly in from Singapore + Macau.The prize money is on the low side so I assume the horses are ones not good enough for Australian,HK or Japan.
The paddock is in front of the A/C grandstand and the horses are paraded with the "jockeys up".
I really enjoyed my afternoon here + will plan to visit again.Written 4 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Booked Agilan for a few friends who flew from Oslo. He took really good care of them. They thoroughly enjoyed his knowledge of the local marketsWritten 8 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The hotels in malaysia are cheap & clean food is many varaties not expansive many things to do & many nice places to see and the best of all the people very helpfull & friendily. My dear friends If you want to Have a holiday but spend less malaysia is good.Written 13 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about George Town
- These places are best for golf courses in George Town:See more golf courses in George Town on Tripadvisor