Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- Place is beautiful and is housed in a massive building.
Interesting artifacts and some good knowledgeable contents across 5 or 6 floors.
Washrooms are spotless , impressively clean.Written 6 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum provides and detailed introduction to the nine major Chinese communities. It discussed the dialects, cuisine and temples. Highlights included musical instruments, ceramics and more.Written 3 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Something different - massive collection of cat replica of various sizes.
Situated on top of a hill.
Minimal entrance fee and museum is smallish located in a government building that look like a spacecraft.Written 12 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Located at the Old Courthouse down near the Kuching Waterfront is this interesting and compact air-conditioned museum dedicated to Margaret, Ranee of Sarawak.
Born in France in 1849, she lived her childhood in England before venturing to Sarawak and becoming the wife (Ranee) of the White Rajah of Sarawak. The exhibition is comprehensive and concise with a good selection of information, photographs and artifacts detailing Margaret's life and experiences in Sarawak, the whole exhibition was engaging. The gift store had an interesting number of good quality souvenirs to purchase: books, jewelery, coffee and more.Written 9 December 2019
- I spent an hour viewing the exhibits, and it was fascinating to learn about the significance of the intricate patterns in the handwoven textile.Written 2 November 2023
- The Square Tower was once part of the city's defenses. Now nicely painted and lighted at night, with a restaurant at the ground level. In the middle of the riverfront walkway.Written 24 August 2023
- This is a free musuem that showcase Islamic artifacts.It has 3 different halls that show how Islam came to Sarawak. Worth a visit if you have timeWritten 17 July 2018
- Really just a trick art museum with murals depicting Sarawak history, life and food.
Entry was 29r and seniors 25 r....probably the going rate for these places as we have done them inPenang and Ipoh in the past.
Save it for a wet day if you want to kill an hour....entry was up a flight of stairs so not for people with difficulties.Written 29 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuching
- These are the best places for kid-friendly speciality museums in Kuching:See more speciality museums for children in Kuching on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Kuching:See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Kuching on Tripadvisor