What travellers are saying
- I highly recommend this bar/ lounge if you want to have a unique experience while in KL.
It's located on the 34th floor of the Menera KL hotel.
After you reach the 34th floor, you still have to climb at another 4 flights of steps to reach the reception area.
It costs RM 22 entrance fees. That includes 2 drinks that are printed on your receipt. There's another two flights of stairs to get to the helipad.
There's plenty of seating. And you get 360° views of KL. It's especially beautiful after dark where the city lights up.
They serve food, too. I didn't buy any since I already had dinner.Written 21 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a good club located in the basement of the Mandarin hotel. The crowd seemed very, 20-25, sometimes younger. The music is hip-hop, EDM, basic all in English. The prices are resonableWritten 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Make sure you book ahead and request a window seat. That way you are ensured the most fantastic views of the Petronas Towers. Also it’s better at night. Sitting in the window has only a couple of downsides. Don’t get drunk or you may fall in the pool and to get into the window seats you have to sort of clamber over them and once in you are faced with an awkward clambering out exit so you will want to stay put. That’s aside the food was pretty good and quite reasonable price wise (though considered at the at the top end in KL) . The drinks while pricey were okay and reasonably generous but booze is quite expensive in KL especially in glitzy places. All in all it’s well worth a visit and even though it’s a bit noisy it’s fun and an experience. One thing though the service can be a bit chaotic and you can get wrong orders (btw you order via a QR code menu thing). I mention this because we got stuff we didn’t want and they kept it on the bill. Of course I didn’t pay for that once I copped it. I don’t think there’s any malicious intent just disorder so just check the bill before paying. All in all I enjoyed it and I would definitely go backWritten 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a hidden bar when enter at first you think it's a small place but when you get inside it's really a beautiful place, great drinks and good music and the bartenders were professionalWritten 3 September 2023
- Coolest spot I've been to in KL Sentral...Nice music by live band....simply the best!
Hope onto the train at KLIA and arrive straight KL sentral, Hilton and enjoy!Written 15 January 2020
- Finally had a chance to dine here
Food and service was decent
Not the cheapest but for the views,was worth itWritten 27 April 2022
- Come hungry, the wanton mee at the front smells delicious. The bar and drinks are totally Instagrammable. We went on a Wednesday night and the live entertainment was disappointing. Didn’t do justice to the other reviews I’ve seen. Otherwise, great service, acceptable drinks, an interesting holochim table where you can use your winnings to offset the final bill.Written 31 January 2020
- U9 is the best thing to happen in KL since The Backroom and Rumah Api (both long gone). Support it and keep it alive!Written 4 March 2017
- Iron Fairies in Kuala Lumpur exceeded all expectations last Saturday, offering an enchanting fusion of unique ambiance, friendly staff, and an eclectic mix of patrons that came together to create a truly delightful evening.
From the moment we entered, the warm greetings and attentive service from the staff set a convivial tone for the night. The establishment fostered an atmosphere that was simultaneously chic and relaxed, striking a delicate balance that made for a stress-free party mood.
The clientele at Iron Fairies was diverse, spanning different age groups and backgrounds, which added to the vibrant energy of the place. This harmonious diversity allowed for a rich tapestry of conversations and connections, truly enhancing the overall experience.
Located in the bustling heart of TRCC, Iron Fairies has firmly established itself as a gem within the area’s lively nightlife scene. It offers a respite from the everyday, providing a weekend sanctuary for those in search of high-class entertainment and socializing in a sophisticated, yet laid-back environment.
In summary, Iron Fairies KL was a beacon of exceptional hospitality and vibrant energy last Saturday. I can confidently recommend it for anyone seeking a memorable, high-quality weekend experience in Kuala Lumpur.Written 25 June 2023
- weekday crowd are alots lesser than weekend. so weekday can be a peaceful day for those who seek relaxing moments with less crowd.Written 5 November 2019
- First off, this is a review on their delivery service and not dine-in.
Travel into the future by “tasting today what the rest of the world will be eating tomorrow”. A promise made by this trendy bistro. The secret to bar food is simplicity, finger licking good and the ability to eat whilst having a casual chat with your mates less all the sophisticated tete-а-tete fancy plating. But can they delivery this futuristic promise to our doorstep?
Service: We placed the order via a third party app which was pretty straight forward.
Packaging: Ordinary take away boxes.
Garlic Chicken (RM 23)
The chicken was flavourful with a nice touch of garlic though it was a little dry given the nature of chicken breast. The potatoes were moist and charred on the edges with a sprinkle of herbs over the top.
Recommended? It made a nice finger food but could have been better had they used red meat.
Garlic Prawns (RM 35)
Nothing brings a huge smile to our faces better than fresh, crunchy, devined prawns sat upon crispy garlic and sun dried bread. Al thought it was a little oily, it was dripping with flavour and extremely addictive.
Recommended? There was no better parter in crime to fill our tummies on a Friday whilst amongst our mates on a night of wild rioting and debauchery
Our full review and more photos can be found on Instagram & YouTube (@monk3yseendo)Written 1 October 2021
- I have been to comedy clubs all over the world and this is truly is one of the best. The venue is built for it, the atmosphere and the people are all inviting. Before is starts there is an air of expectation, an expectation of hope for brilliance and that hope unlike Obama's 'hope' was met and even exceeded.
The acts were good, the host was hilarious but the headliner was not just a comedy genius but he planted seeds of love and rebellion in the hearts of audience. Watching him made me want to be a comedian, made me want to be him. I will definitely go back and I just hope it can be as good next time.Written 4 December 2016
- A real gem of a find in Kuala Lumpur. So close to Bukit Bintang but feels like another country. Drinks and food superb. Atmosphere is beautiful. Can't wait to go back.Written 23 March 2021
- Dearly departed, we are gathered here today to embark you on a night of macabre memories with strong potions concocted by bar tenders setting the perfect atmosphere for an unforgettable night of rioting drunkenness and debauchery with your mates! This speak easy bar tucked within the depths of the dimly lit streets of Chinatown emitting an extremely eerie yet cheeky vibe.
Locating the bar requires some detective work as it does not have a sign pointing you in the right direction. The entrance is simply a non-conspicuous blue door located beside mingle cafe requiring a secret password granting you entry into the beyond. Once you get past the “door man” at the bottom of the steps, proceed up and through the dimly lit interior which shares an uncanny resemblance to a Chinese funeral parlour with even a Chinese medicinal drawer taking center stage.
For those with a feint heart, fear not! The up-beat music and friendly wait staff are never far to help diminish any fears. The eerie vibes do not stop at the decor, most drinks and even the food arrive with a pretty interesting plating and decor. Most cocktails hold memorable names with pretty unorthodox ingredients with some even arriving with worms! Don’t forget to try their signature drinks, Petty Person Beating (RM 45), I Come On Your Grave (RM45) and their extremely crunchy Fire Nachos (RM21).
The link to our published article on Eater with more photos and videos are available on Instagram and YouTube (@monk3yseendo)Written 8 March 2022
- Love the classy design and crowd. The food is superb! Don’t forget to order their unique and delicious cocktails!Saro is the best Bar and Club (for me) in KL! Love the classy design and the crowd. The food is superb my favourite their Pizza 🍕 Don’t forget to order their unique and delicious cocktails. I always order Nutella shots ♥️ My favourite top listed besides Circa Damansara HeightsWritten 27 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for budget-friendly bars & clubs in Kuala Lumpur:See more budget-friendly bars & clubs in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor