Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- A very vibrant and bright attack on the senses. From the aroma of delightful Asian dishes to the not so pleasant waft of durian fruit. This place has you covered for any number of food choices. And the location is very central to the city, we stayed at the parkroyal and this was only a few minutes walk. Though cutting through some back lane ways did make the wife nervous. Stick to the main streets, well lit and plenty of security.Written 24 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As the title suggests, not a great deal has changed over the years in Chinatown. I did notice on my recent visit that there is now a roof covering much of the area. I cannot remember seeing this on my last visit. Although that was quite a few years ago.
Probably because on The Internet I did not spot a single vendor selling D.V.Ds. However, there are still more than enough stalls selling cheap watches to please even the most fastidious visitor. There appear to be more stalls selling pirated clothing and accessories now than before, but then again it could very well be because of my not being here for a while. As before though, this place is heaving, and it is difficult to wander among some of the stalls because of so many visitors.
One thing that has always tickled us is the chap selling roast chestnuts right in the middle of Chinatown. Roasted chestnuts are not something normally associated with a tropical country like Malaysia.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An air conditioned walkway linking the Pavilion with KLCC. It makes the journey walkable in the extreme heat but it’s not as cool as you might expect. I’m a regular user and without it I would never shop at KLCC!Written 24 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Little India Brickfields is an Indian neighborhood in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. And truly, it's like being in India. The smells, the shops, the food... It's small, but it's worth taking a stroll and having a meal there.Written 19 October 2023
- I went in the morning before food stalls were open so can’t rate a restaurant but did try a couple tasty nibbles from within the neighborhood as well as an avacado chocolate shake on my way out. My interest is seeing and feeling the life of older traditional neighborhoods, walking among the people who live in the houses built by forebears. There are many traditional homes improved as generations passed or not so, people who lived within this community for generations. I stopped to draw, stood back as a sea of traditionally dressed men left their worship at a neighborhood mosque, walked down this street and that. In doing so I was greeted by several people, treated to heartfelt conversation by several more. This endangered neighborhood deserves to be preserved if for no other reason than to show what life was like before KL was swallowed by urban renewal.Written 2 February 2020
- This is a good place to visit for food and getaway. There is a beautiful park around the lake which is perfect for a stroll. The park is busy with joggers, runners, strollers and those walking the dog. It is just next to the park commercial Centre with all the nice shops and eateries. Food served are of quality.Written 6 January 2022
- it was once a village solely for the chinese community but now it has transformed to a residential area. they were forced to be isolated in those days. now you get proper roads and electricity. not much of an attraction but it is part of our history.Written 22 January 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for couples seeking neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur:See more neighbourhoods for couples in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur:See more neighbourhoods for groups in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur:See more budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor