Art Galleries • Speciality Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- When we talk about museum, mostly is about history and arts. This trendy Bank Negara Museum showcase the history of finance-how Bank Negara made money, the versions of classic money and also got some art paintings by famous artist at the upper floor.Written 2 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place is good for those u like to take picture. The picture is based on 3d illusion and it so cool.Written 15 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place is well maintained and very well designed. It would be better to know what they are showing before you go, so you make sure that you would be interested.Written 2 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The botanic garden did not impress because it was poorly maintained (broken benches) , lack of description on vegetation and should contain plants and trees in what is diversity of flora of tropics
However , disappointment mitigated by walkabout discovery of this local comic museum ! the curator certainly made our day with expose of the local cartoonists esp Lat and Gila Gila artists
the $5 entrance fee hardly would cover their operating costs so don’t hesitate as RM5 cannot buy you much in malaysia these daysWritten 20 February 2019
- its a must visit if you are into marvel avengers movies. It has many characters on display and also has huge marvel hollywood stars poster. Overall a decent place to visit.Written 16 January 2020
- Nice place to visit, specially when it comes to leather products, must visit with family and keep your pocket ready.!Written 13 October 2018
- Wonderfully curated art gallery and a great source of inspiration. Its located on the hidden rooftop of The Gardens Mall and is a worthy must visit with such friendly service. Also free admission.Written 8 February 2019
- A small well hidden (in terms of its location) gallery that features wonderful contemporary art work, along with the works of a featured artist. Also, has some wonderful Malay period furniture on display downstairs.Written 24 January 2017
- Nino the manager was outstanding to deal with and willing to refund no questions asked.
They have such a wide range of styles you can spend hours deciding and can bargain prices.
They did a painting for me from a photo of a picture that I had and made adjustments for me along the way 😌
Highly recommendedWritten 27 July 2016
- I visited the exhibition in July 2016 in OACA. It's a good work by Hong Kong based Malaysian artist Chao Harn Kae. His work is full of whimsical and fantastic creatures. I'm glad to see this here as it is rear in Malaysia.
The exhibition was curated nicely that all the art piece are blend in with old wood blocks and ambient lights. There is a video figuring the interview of the artist and intro of his artwork which help me understand the art work better.
This art center/gallery is located in Old Klang Road, there are a couple of cafe/restaurant just a few doorstep down and there is a few of hotels within walking distance namely Pearl Point International Hotel, Six Seasons Hotel, 1st Centro Hotel, Aditya Hotel and TAD Boutique Hotel. Some eatery across the road.
The gallery is open from 11am-7pm daily and close on Monday and public holidays.I would think this is a good place to spend some quality time when you are around this area.Written 27 July 2016
- "Galeri Seni" is an art gallery located at level 5, Bangunan Canseleri, Universiti Malaya (University of Malaya), which is the oldest university in this country. Different theme of exhibition will take place here from time to time. The collection of paintings and arts when I was there were not so impressive and lack of information (maybe i visited during the wrong time). Galeri Seni is open from Monday-Friday and closed on weekend as well as public holidays making it difficult for average working people to pay a visit. However, the admission is free which is highly appreciated.Written 8 April 2017
- Me and my wife and a friend from uk went together since we heard about this cafe place. We were not impressed to go back again for a coffee or hang out in the same place.Mainly, its very over priced with no general reasons, Im sure they do not pay their staff western salary plus malaysia is middle income country. The building is interesting but nothing to boast about its like any other old building in downtown KL or around china town. The chairs in ground floor are not comfy to sit plus there is no aircon, so it was very hot. I wish they can do some good job if they want to make it a good place to visit.Written 5 April 2012
- Got myself an abstract painting last week there :) Can't wait to get it hung, very happy with the price and service. Thanks heaps!Written 28 December 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for kid-friendly art galleries in Kuala Lumpur:See more art galleries for children in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art galleries in Kuala Lumpur:See more budget-friendly art galleries in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for art galleries in Kuala Lumpur:See more hidden gem art galleries in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor