What travellers are saying
- For us, visiting the Western Desert while in Egypt was an absolute must and it did definitely not disappoint: The landscapes are incredible, the nights among the calmest and the night skies among the most beautiful we have ever experienced!
We can warmly recommend booking your trip with Loly and his team. From pick-up at Giza train station to drop off-back in Giza 4 days later, the entire trip was perfectly organized. Loly was always quick to reply and we very much appreciated his clear way of communicating.
We had a really great time in the desert and our guides Fuly and Midu made this experience one of if not the highlight of our 3-week trip through Egypt. We enjoyed the discussions and the evenings playing cards together a lot and the food was delicious!
PS: Don't underestimate the value of the included shower once you're back in Baharyia at Loly's place after several days in the desert. The facilities are very well maintained!
- If you have the time, go for the 3 nights / 4 day option! Every site is unique and well worth visiting, we are extremely happy with our decision to have gone for this option.
- Enjoy the sunrise / sunset on top of one of the numerous hills around your camp. We always found one that's easy to climb up to in 15 to 20 minutes. The views up there are simply stunning!Written 13 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every trip with Khaled (Western Desert Tours) is an unforgettable experience, whether for a few days or longer, whether in a group or alone. And it's something completely different to get off the beaten track and spend a longer time in the desert. I had the privilege of such an individual trip: 8 days over 500 km off-road - 150 km of which were completely without a track: a real adventure. The journey took us through the sea of the Abu Muharriq dunes, to the Djara Cave, which is enchanting with its stalactites and paintings from the Stone Age, and to parts of the western White Desert that are far removed from the tourist trail. Apart from a (smuggler's?) jeep in the distance, we didn't meet a soul....
Deserts can touch and change you on a deep spiritual level. I am touched by the absolute silence, but above all by the landscape, unaltered by man, in its immeasurable size and natural beauty, the complete absence of civilization. I am touched by the colors that change with the light, the soft shapes of the wind-sculpted dunes, the stones and rocks covered in desert varnish. Every evening, the Milky Way with its millions of stars, the clear star constellations and the course of the cosmos cast a spell over me. I am amazed at how the history of the earth and mankind can be seen here: Corals, ammonites, trees and fruit that lived 100 million years ago and are now smoothly polished stone, next to arrowheads from the Stone Age and the skeleton of a Roman child or a camel spine from the time of the great caravans. I am touched by how the desert simply lets me BE, completely in the NOW.
This was my fourth time on the road with Khaled and his team. As always, I am impressed by the outstanding professionalism, but above all by the dedication with which the tour is planned and carried out: The delicious, freshly prepared meals with fine vegetables from the oasis' private gardens, cooked over a campfire. And no meal is complete without tea. The cozy camp; a palace with a million stars. The high level of security: Kahled knows the Western Desert like the back of his hand. He is a master navigator and it is a pleasure and a privilege to explore new tracks with him. And mechanic Achmed ensures that the jeeps survive the rigors. The whole trip is a real pleasure...
We are already planning our next adventure. My dream: 14 days through the Great Sand Sea from Siwa down to the Stone Age caves in the Gilf Kebir Plateau...Inshallah...Written 17 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a very great journey with Mohammed. The trip is well-designed, they bring you to couple of different spot. Among those, I really enjoy the camping and white desert. I would recommend my friend who wants to visit Egypt to book a trip with them.Written 3 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic experience! We really enjoyed the ride in the 4x4. The stops they do and the views are completely amazing. Great timing as well, to see the sunset in the old white desert. I strongly recommend going with them. They are really niceWritten 1 November 2023
- My partner and I had the pleasure to be taken to camp a night in the white desert.
We've been pickup up from the hostel in the area at the late morning and taken to a lovely tent to eat with other campers and socialize before going on the road. Our guide took us through wonderful landscapes and different experiences. He was friendly and patient. So many breathtaking sceneries in this journey. We've been given our own tent, saw the sun setting into the white desert, as well as the sunrise. Amazing. Fantastic food has been cooked and served to us, inclusive in the price. We thank Mohamed and his associates for this wonderful experience!Written 23 April 2023
- Apologies to Hamada for the delay in posting this review but he took really good care of me and my two kids on an overnight tour of the Black and White Deserts. Hamada is lovely, really kind and interested in getting to know you. The White Desert was amazing and the food was delicious too. I would highly recommend this outfit and hope that the Eco Lodge will be open soon.Written 18 June 2023
- Unforgettable experience in the desert with Islam and his friend Saleh!
We had a full day tour starting early at 6am with pickup from our hotel in Cairo and spent the whole day discovering this amazing part of Egypt : Bahariya, the Black Desert, Crystal Mountain, Aqabat Valley, the old White Desert and new White Desert. Islam managed to squeeze everything in one day and the time spent at each site was perfect. We were not rushed and we were able to take full advantage of each moment. We even had time for some sandboarding and some thrilling dune bashing !
Islam comes from a Bedouin family. The desert is his home and he knows it on the tips of his fingers. He gave us much appreciated information at each location. We felt really safe with him and Saleh.
After an amazing sunset, we had a nice chat with Islam and Saleh while having a delicious dinner prepared by them. The starry sky in the desert at night is just wow! Before leaving, we enjoyed a Bedouin tea around the campfire. We left at around 9pm and Islam knew his way in the desert even in the dark.
We regretted not being able to spend the night there as we had to catch our flight the next day, but if we have the opportunity, we will definitely return to Bahariya and spend a few nights in the desert with them !
We enjoyed sharing this exceptional day with Islam and Saleh who are both lovely persons. If you are willing to have an unforgettable experience, we strongly recommend booking a tour to discover the desert with Islam!!Written 4 December 2023
- Best desert experience I have ever tried. Nice places, delicious food, friendly guides. We shared a lot of special moments by the fire during the evening. We sang together, Play drums and talked about our different countries. Best if you want to see beautiful places and know more about beduin culture. I would love to come back one day. Thanks a lot Reda
Ps: we were Lucky to see desert foxWritten 10 October 2023