Top Attractions in Koh Tao
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Nature here is absolutely stunning with white coral beaches and turquoise water. Probably one of the most beautiful places to enjoy the sun and the beach and snorkeling in Koh Tao area. Please note that you are not allowed to use beach towels on the sand or fins or swimming shoes. This is to protect the beach and corals and all visitors should respect these rules. As of JAN 2022 the entry fee is 200 baht per person.
Due to Covid there weren’t too many tourists when we visited, but I can imagine the place being excessively crowded in “normal” times. Could be a good idea to go first thing in the morning when it’s not so busy.
There’s also a cool view point on top of the hill (see pics). Climb takes only around 10 minutes and is doable also with elderly people and little children.
Definitely worth a visit!Written 14 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an amazing bay. It’s a must go place for snorkeling and relax. There are also restaurants and diving centers. Easy to reach - we stayed at Coral View and arrived by motor bike in 10 min.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing view point ,
to entrance the area we need to pay 100 bath, and there's another place nearby only pay 50 bath, the view also amazingWritten 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the best bays to go snorkelling around the island. Lots of colourful fish to see. Sea turtles and sharks too. Crystal clear water.
We visited via water taxi. Our taxi driver knew all the best locations in the bay to spot the different forms of marine life. Definitely worth a visit.Written 28 June 2022
- Good for the sunset but not good for swimming or snorkeling.
Too many bars and restaurants, can be noisy.Written 18 May 2022
- I really enjoyed visiting Sai Nuan Beach, super quiet and calm, sunset view, good spots for snorkelingWritten 29 May 2020
- Came here as i followed my GPS for a nice beach. You have to pay for the entrance but u also got a free soft drink. The beach was beautiful and not crowded. You can lay on the sand or find some beachchair. If hungry still have one restaurant over there. It was nice and good taste. Its up on the hill so u can see around too.Written 8 July 2020
- have been diving several times there - boat ride quiet long and tiring, but pays off with a fantastic dive, 38m +, so you can dive there ! lots of fish and whale shark regular when there is the season for it !Written 31 January 2022
- Take a discover local diving and ask to Rivera this spot. If the conditions are right the visibility will be great. Amazing underwater form beautiful hand plentiful Coral, and like most of Koh Tao the abundance of aquatic life really makes this island and Thailand the worlds premiere dive location.Written 11 October 2020
- First time to real muay thai, we usually watch UFC and wanted to see what a real muay thai fight was like. We watched 7 fights including younger fighters and a womans bout. All the fighters were respectful and very talented - highly recommend checking it out.Written 21 March 2020
- If you drive very carefully, you can take a motorbike up, but the road isn't too good. The view is okay, but not as good as the Two View viewpoint.Written 17 June 2019
- After a few vey disappointing experiences with koh tao beaches filled with plastic and dirty water, this is finally the pristine environment I was looking for. I mean, not 100% clean but the water is of a beautiful blue, you can see alive coral and fish of different colours even from the surface Fo the waters. The beach is small and delimited by a rocky bay which is wonderful to see. You'll enjoy the most if you really like snorkeling, but obviously if you are mostly here for swimming or just stay in the water, mind that the you need water shoes. There are 2 or 3 restaurants/resort around where to have food.Written 23 April 2022
- For 200 Bht you find a peaceful little beach which is good for relaxing, eating and snorkelling, or even diving. A wreck ist near and a scuba diving Resort offers its device. It is much quieter than most other beaches, few visitors come here. We went there twice because we found it best.Written 19 February 2020
- The most beautiful beach with a fantastic opportunity to enjoy coral reef. I recommend this place and Koh Tao for sure.Written 18 April 2018
- Off the beaten track and free of the drunk stags and hens crowd. Need a bike to access. A nice contrast to Thomas Cook Beach aka Sairee Beach.Written 4 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Koh Tao
- The best day trips from Koh Tao according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan Snorkel Tour By Speedboat with Lunch
- Full-Day Cruise of Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao From Koh Samui
- Koh Tao, Koh Nangyuan snorkelling Trip by Speedboat
- Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao 5 Point Snorkeling Tour
- Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan Speedboat Tour from Koh Samui