What travellers are saying
- Easy to book this ticket ferry , and so punctual . So it's make our journey goes smoothly . The seat also comfortable , so far i glad i was booked this ferry for our trip .Written 7 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stumbled upon this while exploring the vicinity and we were lucky to know that 5 turtles hatched that night and we were so grateful to be invited to help release them to into the sea!Written 2 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hiked to Turtle Bay, then on to Monkey Bay from end of path at ABC Bay. The hike is not that difficult but you will be climbing over large rocks along a trail that is not well maintained. Carry lots of water. Don't think I've ever sweated so much before. Monkeys blocked our path at one point, with large male baring teeth, which is way of showing aggression, not smiling or yawning. Good introduction to jungle. Allow at least 1 hour each way. Monkey Bay has great sandy beach but has lots of trash, especially at high tide line and around abandoned buildings. I would recommend coming here by boat, much easier than hike.Written 27 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were brought to the island for our fun dive.
Once we got underwater, I was awed by the corals and the fish, especially for a newbie like me!
I had enjoyed the time underwater. We were able to see a lot of fish.
I think I would like to go back there again - very good for beginner scuba divers like me!Written 22 June 2022
- As the only accomodation option here is the derelict Panuba inn, staying here is not a good choice. Stay at ABC instead.Written 11 May 2019
- This waterfall is located at Juara, Tioman Island. It requires some hiking before you can reach the waterfall. The way to waterfall can be scary because you journey will be covered by thick jungle but definitely it will be exciting too. We hiked early in the morning so that it will be not too sunny.Written 6 July 2022
- Comfortable accommodation. Friendly and helpful staff.. happy stay.. great dive experience... Great diving courseWritten 26 July 2020
- Challenging & Beautiful , will come back for sure to challenge it again and it’s a buggy on fairway courseWritten 23 October 2022
- I am very satisfied with the Blue Heaven Divers. My dive master was Rahman and from start to finish my diving experience with him was simply amazing!
Rahman was extremely professional and knowledgeable. He took the time to ensure all divers were well prepared and felt safe.
As for the dives, I was very impressed by the breathtaking underwater landscapes, the diversity of marine life and Rahman's knowledge.
But it wasn't just the dives that thrilled me. The entire atmosphere on board and in the dive center was pleasant and relaxed. The whole team was not only well organized, but also friendly and caring.
All in all it was an unforgettable experience!
Many thanks to the entire team for the great time.Written 24 September 2023
- Did 3 specialty with Achilles. I wished I could do it differently and do 1 or 2 specialty course instead. A lot of things to learn from Achilles, just too much information to absorb.
Thank you B&J for always putting safety first in all of your divers both teaching and fun dives.
Can’t wait to enjoy free nitrox for life!Written 8 September 2023
- As a traveller, visiting new places being my life goal,..If you are a person who want start your day with ocean wave sound with natural wind and ends with the same vibes, then you should choose Ombak House..Soyok and Jesse, the host builds a beautiful private DIY house ,..My days there was really fulfilled with the beautiful wave sound and wind, clean surroundings, sweet local people, and fabulous food.
Highly recommend to visit this place, at least once in your vacation plan.
I’ll definitely comeback again.Written 16 August 2019
- We decided to start our first diving trip in Tioman. Here is our experience report for the Basic Diver course :)
At the beginning of the course we were given the appropriate wetsuits and explained how the dive would proceed. Then followed a safety briefing, where the equipment and their use as well as all the gestures for communication under water were explained. The explanations felt like a lot at first and we were a little worried if we would be able to remember everything.
Then the diving equipment was put on and we went to the beach in the shallower water. There we dove down a few meters and did all the exercises one after the other that we had practiced before on the beach. Contrary to our expectations, everything went smoothly and we were able to start our first dive to a depth of 6m immediately afterwards.
Our instructor was fantastic and gave us the feeling of being in safe hands the whole time. She also showed us special fish or corals under water.
She even took photos and videos with a GoPro.
We liked the dive so much that we booked two more dives for the next day. In those we went by boat to the dive site and could dive there to a depth of 12 meters. Many great fish and plants (puffer fish, rays... )
On this dive, the safety briefing and the exercises in the water was then no longer necessary, we could start directly with the diving.
All in all, a really great experience that is definitely worth the money. Many thanks to Juara Diving School for making this unique experience possible for us. A very nice and professional team.Written 22 September 2023
- This is a pretty little Bar right next to the Dive Centre. We were there for a few nights diving and it was just nice having the Bar as part of their complex. Relaxing place after a dive.
B&J is a very professional center and this is just a part of it. Really nice display of optics behind the small bar, just sorry I did not get a photo. Will next time!!Written 10 November 2017
- Scuba Naut Dive Centre indeed one of the best dive centre in Kg. Salang, Tioman. The location is near to shore and salang puasaka resort make it one of most convenient dive centre. Just less than 5 mins walk, you could reach the long sandy beach of kg salang. The dive centre is clean and well managed. The staff is excellence in advicing you and friendly. They have wo boat that caters for 11 and 10 diver each.
My experiance diving with Scubanaut Dive Centre was great and enjoyable.Written 3 August 2023
- Had a great time ‘end of season’ diving with TDC. We stayed at Japamala Resort and were collected by TDC in the morning and delivered back after our 2 dives in early afternoon. This worked perfectly for us and having staff who are so friendly and accommodating makes all the difference.
The organisation for each day focused on safety & variety of diving experience; ensuring all divers were confident in the water and had fun.
The conditions were remarkably good particularly given the time of year. Amir is an absolute star as a dive leader and found us all sorts of underwater wonders (including lots of nudibrancs, shrimps, cuttlefish, free swimming giant moray eel, black tip shark, turtles...)
Looking forward to our next dives with TDC.Written 26 October 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Pulau Tioman
Pulau Tioman Attractions Information