- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Hike from Coral Bay took about 40 minutes. Walking path is manageable but wear sport shoes should be better to walk. Not suitable to visit when it rains. View from there is fantastic. But the bridges and stairs are mostly damage and no maintenance. Need to take your each step extremely careful. But it is worth a visit.
Wonder how’s the sunrise from this point. Should be majestic!Written 21 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My partner & I could not ignore the beautiful floating white mosque which was on Perhentian Kecil Island. Hence, a day before checking-out & after our hiking adventure, we decided to pay a visit to the island. We took a water taxi across from Perhentian Besar Island & was charged RM15 per person.
The floating mosque was called “Ar-Rahman Mosque.” The late Dr Rahman saw that there was a need for a new mosque to be built in his hometown of Pulau Perhentian Kecil as the old one could no longer cater to the island’s growing population. Moreover, the island was one of the more popular island resorts in Malaysia known to both local & international tourists. Dr Rahman’s proposal to the then Chief Minister was approved as it would augur well with the tourism industry & construction began in 2011.
The cost of the floating mosque came to a whopping RM13.5 million. Part of its structure was built in the water to reduce the usage of land area, making it look like a floating mosque. This architectural design would certainly add to its uniqueness, drawing much attention & crowd from tourists. Also, the mosque would be equipped with the relevant facilities for the comfort of its Muslim worshippers.
When we arrived at the mosque, the 1st thing that we saw was its single minaret. The structure was built in the water. We also had the opportunity to see one of the prayer halls which was in an open area. Its tiled floor had an Islamic motif. There was also a kitchen with workers. We had to go through the kitchen in order to sit at a staircase leading to the open sea.
We were happy to witness that the mosque was widely used by the community. Dr Rahman would have been very proud to know that his legacy had brought much joy & benefit to the islanders.Written 13 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have joined a few snorkeling trip with Pirate Snorkeling Service and Taxi, which is a small booth located just in front of Sea Voice Divers.
Ricky, the owner, is an honest guys and reliable. He is skillful and we feel very safe in his speedboat. Do prepare own snack and water and a bit of cash if joining the long trip, so that you able to enjoy lunch at fisherman village.
We had an enjoyable snorkeling experience when joining Ricky. We get to swim with sea turtle, sharks, and able to see a lot of beautiful fish.Written 23 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was a 100% awesome open water dive learning experience with Nur and her team. Knowledge, guidance and facilities were excellent. One would likely to feel they're part of the family rather than student.Written 19 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I took the PADI open water course, and it was a great experience!! I could not have wished for a more beautiful place to learn how to dive, with all the coral and colorful fishes. All instructors were very helpful, kind and funny :)Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had an amazing experience at Matahari Divers. My partner and I went there to do our PADI Open Water Diver Course there over 5D4N. The crew there is super friendly and helpful. They adjusted their course to fit our schedule better.
Special thanks to our Instructor, Nicole, who made the whole experience fun and enjoyable. She was patient and encouraging and helped us at all stages.
Some quick advice:
- Bring your own sunblock. It is super expensive on the island.
- Bring your own mosquito repellant. It is super expensive on the island. I brought mosquito coils.
- Bring your own aloe vera. It is super expensive on the island.
- Bring your own alcohol. 😂 It is super expensive on the island.
The chalets are clean enough. Do bring your own soap as those are not provided.
If you are taking any courses, suggest getting them to send you the video/materials ahead of your trip. That way you are able to prepare slightly before your trip. the PADI OWD Course has 5 sections/videos which ranges from 30mins to 60min videos. So it does take some time to complete those videos.
If you want to fully maximize your time on the island. It would be better if you watch the videos before your trip.
Overall it was an ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐AWESOME EXPERIENCE! 👊👈🤙
Definitely would recommend.Written 28 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a fantastic dive trip with Turtle Bay Diver. They are professional and helpful. Great service, perfect equipment, nice boat & experienced dive staffs.
We had an amazing time, thank you Turtle Bay Diver!Written 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Me and my friend did the OW with them , we also did fun dive and one adventure dive later after the course. The whole experience was awesome.
Panorama divers are professionals all our dives and activities were schedule well in advance. Equipments provided were in good condition.
Jin was our instructor , and is a very good instructor. We couldnt have wished for more.
The other staff is kind , friendly and helpful. We loved it over there.
I would highly recommend this place.Written 1 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Aris and OhLaLa were perfect.
Took my open water course here after spending a long time researching the entire beach’s dive shops. I had wondered why OhLaLa had 40+ reviews compared to the other dive shops but OhLaLa was such a perfect place and I had a great and extremely safe experience with Aris, the dive masters and divers there. I think it’s only because they focus on daily activities at the dive centre rather than spend time online on social media marketing.
Even though internet is spotty there and they are usually busy running dives in the day and doing night dives, Aris still replied promptly to every newbie question I had on WA prior to booking and arrival and was one of the few dive centres to do this. He was both polite and very patient.
Was lucky enough to be the only OW student so I had both Aris and Michelle taking me through the course. When I was underwater and doing the skills, I could see Aris’s eyes on me so I knew if I failed at it, he and Michelle would make sure nothing bad happened to me.
The course was so great and I ended up doing another 2 fun dives a day after. Wish my time there was longer.
Coincidentally this place charges the lowest for the OW course, which doesn’t affect quality at all.
Really enjoyed my time there and think this place deserves way more reviews than it has.
Will dive with them again!
If anyone has questions about the place (since I found it hard to get information about Perhentian), you can message me and I’ll try my best to answer.Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I really enjoyed diving with ombak team they were super nice and friendly. Warm welcoming since day 1, I was always making a stop to the dive center when I was passing by to chill with the team.
Thanks Luke and Alif (Pablo Escobar) for the fun dives, Marijana for letting me use your GoPro accessories and Sam for organizing all my dive to allow myself to experience the best diving spot in a short period of time !Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was my first travel in two years since Covid and I am glad my husband had made a good choice in choosing Angel Diver for our 5-day trip to the Perhentian Island.
We are travelling with a group of friends, who took the open water course with Instructor Dailos. The group was a bit anxious at first as some of them were not very good at swimming but Dailos definitely did a good job and taught them all the skills and techniques while maintaining the good fun!
My husband and I did fun dives with Dailos, Ana and Ylenie who were all very experienced instructors and knew the dive sites very well. The dive requirements were well mantained and the dive shop was well organised.
I would highly recommend Angel Diver to anyone who wants to explore the underwater world.
**However**, since we were travelling during the end of Ramadan and the start of Hari Raya and the island is mainly operated by local Malay, most of the restaurants were closed in the morning, so no breakfasts were served. Eventually, when the restaurants were opened, they were overloaded with orders ( at one dinner it took us 3 hours to have our food on the table since we placed the order). So you might want to check with the local traditions and bring some foods yourself just in case.Written 5 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing place to learn free diving. Friendly and fun instructors that will surely make your experience even better. Definitely will be back for moreWritten 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There are many diving schools on this island, I randomly picked Monkey Dives and I absolutely enjoyed my stay and even extended twice. The people are really nice and professional divers.
The dorm is quite basic, don't expect much from it but I did have a good night sleep. There is an AC in the room, which is great. Unfortunately no lockers or private electricity plugs at every bed. But hey, you're on a tropical island for diving, you don't need all that luxury, right?!
So Monkey Dives is a recommendation if your looking for a nice and cheap(!) stay at Perhentian Island!Written 25 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- The most popular things to do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil on Tripadvisor