What travellers are saying
- If you enjoy people watching and variety of dining options, Long Beach is the place to go. You can find everything from lower-end to the more premium meals—though they are mostly either of Malay, Thai, Western or seafood varieties. The vibrant beach environment is great and it especially bustles at night with party music. There are multiple fire shows at night happening in different places between 7.30-8.30pm on the northern part of the beach. But the main highlight is the one happening around 10pm or 11pm at Black Tip Beach Bar (check the exact time with the bar).Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a good short, but steep hike up rewarded with a breathtaking view. Wished they fixed the jetty so more people can go down and explore. A portion of the jetty is cordoned off by barb wires, but some people attempt to climb down the missing stairs. However, you can already take a good photo even just at the top part of the stairs.
The start of the hike is from the long beach, there is a signage near the campsite that points you to the start of the hike at the back of the camp site. The start of the hike is a bit steep, then after a few hundred meters, it will be an easy climb as the path is smooth. A few meters from the tower, you will find the two windmills cordoned by wire so you can't really touch the windmills. Follow the path around the windmills and you will see the stairs going to the Jetty. Enjoy!
Bring your own water and some mosquito repellant.Written 6 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My partner & I could not ignore the beautiful floating white mosque which was on Perhentian Kecil Island. Hence, a day before checking-out & after our hiking adventure, we decided to pay a visit to the island. We took a water taxi across from Perhentian Besar Island & was charged RM15 per person.
The floating mosque was called “Ar-Rahman Mosque.” The late Dr Rahman saw that there was a need for a new mosque to be built in his hometown of Pulau Perhentian Kecil as the old one could no longer cater to the island’s growing population. Moreover, the island was one of the more popular island resorts in Malaysia known to both local & international tourists. Dr Rahman’s proposal to the then Chief Minister was approved as it would augur well with the tourism industry & construction began in 2011.
The cost of the floating mosque came to a whopping RM13.5 million. Part of its structure was built in the water to reduce the usage of land area, making it look like a floating mosque. This architectural design would certainly add to its uniqueness, drawing much attention & crowd from tourists. Also, the mosque would be equipped with the relevant facilities for the comfort of its Muslim worshippers.
When we arrived at the mosque, the 1st thing that we saw was its single minaret. The structure was built in the water. We also had the opportunity to see one of the prayer halls which was in an open area. Its tiled floor had an Islamic motif. There was also a kitchen with workers. We had to go through the kitchen in order to sit at a staircase leading to the open sea.
We were happy to witness that the mosque was widely used by the community. Dr Rahman would have been very proud to know that his legacy had brought much joy & benefit to the islanders.Written 13 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have joined a few snorkeling trip with Pirate Snorkeling Service and Taxi, which is a small booth located just in front of Sea Voice Divers.
Ricky, the owner, is an honest guys and reliable. He is skillful and we feel very safe in his speedboat. Do prepare own snack and water and a bit of cash if joining the long trip, so that you able to enjoy lunch at fisherman village.
We had an enjoyable snorkeling experience when joining Ricky. We get to swim with sea turtle, sharks, and able to see a lot of beautiful fish.Written 23 September 2019
- I have done my Advance Open Water with them and it couldn't have been a better experience! From the first moment they offered me all the information I asked for, always answering quickly (thanks Edwin).
Then once at the diving center I discovered a very good atmosphere, equipment in good condition and a lot of professionalism. Thanks to Aniq for his patience, his sympathy and his excellent way of teaching!! 100% recommendedWritten 6 October 2023
- Busy bar on Long Beach.. But really a late nightime spot. Backpackers dream. Loads of booming music and spectacular fire show. Reasonable prices on beer and drinks. Seating on beach with small tables. A really popular place with 20 to 30 age bracket. Raj barman good entertainer. Great card tricks. Recommended for drink fuelled nights.Written 31 July 2018
- I completed my PADI Open Water certification with them, and it was a phenomenal experience! My instructor, Joy was fun, patient and knowledgeable, making learning a breeze. The fun-dives with Sui, Mikie, Anna, and Nico were unforgettable. Their expertise and friendliness made every dive fun. Facilities and equipment were top-notch. I made quite some friends along the way. Highly recommend this center for your scuba journey!Written 4 September 2023
- An absolutely unforgettable experience, I cannot recommend Sea Voice Divers enough. The dive school itself is so chill and relaxing; located on a quiet beach, it is probably the most tranquil experience I’ve ever had.
Myself and a friend stayed for 4 days and completed the open water diver course. We had Man as our instructor who was amazing! He’s so funny and always joking around, but super informative with his briefs and I felt 100% safe with him on every dive. Thank you Man, you’re an absolute legend.
The rest of the staff are equally as friendly and make you feel so welcome in their dive school. Overall, the vibes are just immaculate and the diving is incredible. Look no further than Sea Voice Divers if you’re looking to dive in the Perhentian Islands.Written 9 August 2023
- Lekker Divers was amazing. I wanted to propose to my girlfriend however i was wondering what is the perfect opportunity. I decided to engage Lekker Divers for photography and planning during my girlfriend's dive trip. The pictures they took was beautiful. Aslam's planning is quite meticulous as on where and when should the big question be asked. I want to thank Lekker divers for this moment. It will be forever remembered. I highly recommend Lekker Divers!Written 28 November 2023
- The course/teaching quality was brilliant and the crew here are so friendly, helpful and fun. It’s a great place to hang out as well, with a super chill atmosphere but then also plenty of people to meet and hang out with if you want to.
The location is stunning, smack bang in the middle of long beach on Perhentian Kecil. Absolute paradise, with great dive and snorkelling sites so close.
It’s also great value, especially when you do a diving course and get dorm accomm and delicious roti breakfast included. Has to be one of the most affordable places in the world to learn.
Can’t recommend enough! I’m so glad I did my PADI here.Written 20 September 2023
- Nice coaches and all the equipment are all well-maintain! Highly recommend to get your diving license here!Written 7 September 2023
- We stayed here for 4 nights. Our Room was right at the diving centre and we were lucky to have a great view at the ocean that we could wake up to everyday. The room itself was very basic with a bed and a fan. The accomodation had shared bathrooms which wasn‘t a problem for us. The staff was very kind and it felt like a little community. Staying at the OhLaLa was by far the cheapest option to stay at the Long Beach and if you don‘t want to go out to eat you could also cook there, which was included in the price.
All in all we were more than happy having picked this accomodation for our stay at the Long Beach.Written 25 June 2023
- Outstanding dive center! Miki is one of the most professional divemasters I’ve ever met. She’s amazing in defining your technique, and gave me the feeling I was looking for during the diving. She’s a good communicator and she respects your limits.
Having fun while diving safely is the most important subject at this dive school!
Btw: equipment is new and very comfortable, mares and aqualung.Written 18 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- The most popular things to do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil on Tripadvisor
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Attractions Information
|Wednesday 11:20 pm|