What travellers are saying
- I have done my Advance Open Water with them and it couldn't have been a better experience! From the first moment they offered me all the information I asked for, always answering quickly (thanks Edwin).
Then once at the diving center I discovered a very good atmosphere, equipment in good condition and a lot of professionalism. Thanks to Aniq for his patience, his sympathy and his excellent way of teaching!! 100% recommendedWritten 6 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I completed my PADI Open Water certification with them, and it was a phenomenal experience! My instructor, Joy was fun, patient and knowledgeable, making learning a breeze. The fun-dives with Sui, Mikie, Anna, and Nico were unforgettable. Their expertise and friendliness made every dive fun. Facilities and equipment were top-notch. I made quite some friends along the way. Highly recommend this center for your scuba journey!Written 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An absolutely unforgettable experience, I cannot recommend Sea Voice Divers enough. The dive school itself is so chill and relaxing; located on a quiet beach, it is probably the most tranquil experience I’ve ever had.
Myself and a friend stayed for 4 days and completed the open water diver course. We had Man as our instructor who was amazing! He’s so funny and always joking around, but super informative with his briefs and I felt 100% safe with him on every dive. Thank you Man, you’re an absolute legend.
The rest of the staff are equally as friendly and make you feel so welcome in their dive school. Overall, the vibes are just immaculate and the diving is incredible. Look no further than Sea Voice Divers if you’re looking to dive in the Perhentian Islands.Written 9 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lekker Divers was amazing. I wanted to propose to my girlfriend however i was wondering what is the perfect opportunity. I decided to engage Lekker Divers for photography and planning during my girlfriend's dive trip. The pictures they took was beautiful. Aslam's planning is quite meticulous as on where and when should the big question be asked. I want to thank Lekker divers for this moment. It will be forever remembered. I highly recommend Lekker Divers!Written 28 November 2023
- The course/teaching quality was brilliant and the crew here are so friendly, helpful and fun. It’s a great place to hang out as well, with a super chill atmosphere but then also plenty of people to meet and hang out with if you want to.
The location is stunning, smack bang in the middle of long beach on Perhentian Kecil. Absolute paradise, with great dive and snorkelling sites so close.
It’s also great value, especially when you do a diving course and get dorm accomm and delicious roti breakfast included. Has to be one of the most affordable places in the world to learn.
Can’t recommend enough! I’m so glad I did my PADI here.Written 20 September 2023
- Nice coaches and all the equipment are all well-maintain! Highly recommend to get your diving license here!Written 7 September 2023
- We stayed here for 4 nights. Our Room was right at the diving centre and we were lucky to have a great view at the ocean that we could wake up to everyday. The room itself was very basic with a bed and a fan. The accomodation had shared bathrooms which wasn‘t a problem for us. The staff was very kind and it felt like a little community. Staying at the OhLaLa was by far the cheapest option to stay at the Long Beach and if you don‘t want to go out to eat you could also cook there, which was included in the price.
All in all we were more than happy having picked this accomodation for our stay at the Long Beach.Written 25 June 2023
- Outstanding dive center! Miki is one of the most professional divemasters I’ve ever met. She’s amazing in defining your technique, and gave me the feeling I was looking for during the diving. She’s a good communicator and she respects your limits.
Having fun while diving safely is the most important subject at this dive school!
Btw: equipment is new and very comfortable, mares and aqualung.Written 18 July 2023
- We had our first dive experience with Spice Divers. The instructors were very helpful, patient and clear during the practicing. Also the instructors are very experienced which makes it even more relaxed. We couldn’t have a better first experience! The instructors will also bring a camera to capture your dive, the pictures afterwards are amazing!Written 11 August 2023
- my first encounter of free diving. I took up the W1 course, I didn’t pass due to the equalization issue. our instructor howie is very encouraging, made the whole experience very fun. the course is not about passing the exam, u learn something at your own pace and having fun at the same time. you can keep learning with the malchanovs system after the course, so your free diving experience not ending after u leaving the island 😊Written 27 June 2023
- VERY recommendable place to dive! I went there because it was recommended to me on Pulau Redang. Best choice ever to do my OWD course there!
Very helpful in organizing the trip (thanks Rais).All the people are very professional and helpful, experienced, patient (thanks Rizal 😉) and its a lot of fun. Equipment is well maintained.
Rooms are simple but clean and comfy and reasonably priced.
Very friendly atmosphere, you get breakfast every day, have dinner together, enjoy the best fish BBQ by Chef Adam 👌 and have a good time. Feels like a little family 👌💪go there and have a good time, also when you don't stay there...everybody is welcome !!
I'm glad I did my OWD with you guys, YOU ROCK 🤟Written 8 September 2022
- It was my first travel in two years since Covid and I am glad my husband had made a good choice in choosing Angel Diver for our 5-day trip to the Perhentian Island.
We are travelling with a group of friends, who took the open water course with Instructor Dailos. The group was a bit anxious at first as some of them were not very good at swimming but Dailos definitely did a good job and taught them all the skills and techniques while maintaining the good fun!
My husband and I did fun dives with Dailos, Ana and Ylenie who were all very experienced instructors and knew the dive sites very well. The dive requirements were well mantained and the dive shop was well organised.
I would highly recommend Angel Diver to anyone who wants to explore the underwater world.
**However**, since we were travelling during the end of Ramadan and the start of Hari Raya and the island is mainly operated by local Malay, most of the restaurants were closed in the morning, so no breakfasts were served. Eventually, when the restaurants were opened, they were overloaded with orders ( at one dinner it took us 3 hours to have our food on the table since we placed the order). So you might want to check with the local traditions and bring some foods yourself just in case.Written 5 May 2022
- We were a group of 6 friends staying in Perhentian Kecil for 4 nights. We chose this place due to its good reviews and it did not disappoint!
The location is perfect. You have one of the best spots on long beach. The team running the place are super helpful and always making you feel welcome. The only point to improve are the toilets.
As for the diving, they are very professional about everything and the equipment provided is in good shape. They have good prices and knowledgable guides.
Overall, I think this is one of the best spots in Perhentian Kecil, both for scuba diving and for accommodation.Written 24 August 2019
- Let’s start with the dive centre, I brought my own equipment and they were very careful and had a separate area to store all the customers equipment. All of which was locked up at the end of the day. Every single staff member (Bart, Didi and Mat) there was friendly and very knowledgeable. I only planned to do 6 fun dives. However, I ended up adding 3 more fun dives and extending for a couple more nights because I honestly had so much fun!
The dorm rooms are right above the dive centre. A total of 20 beds. If you’re staying there and it’s fully booked, be prepared to bring an extension because the sockets are limited. Bear in mind, the bathrooms are downstairs, by the dive centre. The dorms were clean and comfortable. Electricity on from 7pm to 7am. However, there is solar power during the day for you to charge your phones. No hairdryers allowed. They have a huge sign saying that they’re prohibited. Air conditioning very cold at night. Blankets and towels are available with a deposit.
Let’s move on to dive sites. Overall AMAZING! So beautiful. Such a wide variety of fish and coral. If you are there, make sure to not miss SanChoy wreck! I loved it so much. The instructors Didi, Tony and Nur were very knowledgeable and patient.
The dive centre is located in the middle of Long Beach, a few mins walk from the party but far enough that it’s not noisy at night.
Overall, highly recommended for fun dives and stay.Written 1 September 2022
- Claudia is an exceptional freediving teacher! My daughter and I travelled from Australia to train Level 1 and Advanced Freediving. And Perhentian a beauitful location to train!Written 7 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- These experiences are best for tours in Pulau Perhentian Kecil:
- Half Day Snorkeling from Perhentian Island Terengganu
- Full Day Snorkeling from Perhentian Island Terengganu
- Half Day Snorkeling from Perhentian Island Terengganu
- These are the most romantic places for tours in Pulau Perhentian Kecil:See more romantic tours in Pulau Perhentian Kecil on Tripadvisor