- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- It was a 100% awesome open water dive learning experience with Nur and her team. Knowledge, guidance and facilities were excellent. One would likely to feel they're part of the family rather than student.Written 19 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I took the PADI open water course, and it was a great experience!! I could not have wished for a more beautiful place to learn how to dive, with all the coral and colorful fishes. All instructors were very helpful, kind and funny :)Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had an amazing experience at Matahari Divers. My partner and I went there to do our PADI Open Water Diver Course there over 5D4N. The crew there is super friendly and helpful. They adjusted their course to fit our schedule better.
Special thanks to our Instructor, Nicole, who made the whole experience fun and enjoyable. She was patient and encouraging and helped us at all stages.
Some quick advice:
- Bring your own sunblock. It is super expensive on the island.
- Bring your own mosquito repellant. It is super expensive on the island. I brought mosquito coils.
- Bring your own aloe vera. It is super expensive on the island.
- Bring your own alcohol. 😂 It is super expensive on the island.
The chalets are clean enough. Do bring your own soap as those are not provided.
If you are taking any courses, suggest getting them to send you the video/materials ahead of your trip. That way you are able to prepare slightly before your trip. the PADI OWD Course has 5 sections/videos which ranges from 30mins to 60min videos. So it does take some time to complete those videos.
If you want to fully maximize your time on the island. It would be better if you watch the videos before your trip.
Overall it was an ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐AWESOME EXPERIENCE! 👊👈🤙
Definitely would recommend.Written 28 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a fantastic dive trip with Turtle Bay Diver. They are professional and helpful. Great service, perfect equipment, nice boat & experienced dive staffs.
We had an amazing time, thank you Turtle Bay Diver!Written 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Me and my friend did the OW with them , we also did fun dive and one adventure dive later after the course. The whole experience was awesome.
Panorama divers are professionals all our dives and activities were schedule well in advance. Equipments provided were in good condition.
Jin was our instructor , and is a very good instructor. We couldnt have wished for more.
The other staff is kind , friendly and helpful. We loved it over there.
I would highly recommend this place.Written 1 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Aris and OhLaLa were perfect.
Took my open water course here after spending a long time researching the entire beach’s dive shops. I had wondered why OhLaLa had 40+ reviews compared to the other dive shops but OhLaLa was such a perfect place and I had a great and extremely safe experience with Aris, the dive masters and divers there. I think it’s only because they focus on daily activities at the dive centre rather than spend time online on social media marketing.
Even though internet is spotty there and they are usually busy running dives in the day and doing night dives, Aris still replied promptly to every newbie question I had on WA prior to booking and arrival and was one of the few dive centres to do this. He was both polite and very patient.
Was lucky enough to be the only OW student so I had both Aris and Michelle taking me through the course. When I was underwater and doing the skills, I could see Aris’s eyes on me so I knew if I failed at it, he and Michelle would make sure nothing bad happened to me.
The course was so great and I ended up doing another 2 fun dives a day after. Wish my time there was longer.
Coincidentally this place charges the lowest for the OW course, which doesn’t affect quality at all.
Really enjoyed my time there and think this place deserves way more reviews than it has.
Will dive with them again!
If anyone has questions about the place (since I found it hard to get information about Perhentian), you can message me and I’ll try my best to answer.Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I really enjoyed diving with ombak team they were super nice and friendly. Warm welcoming since day 1, I was always making a stop to the dive center when I was passing by to chill with the team.
Thanks Luke and Alif (Pablo Escobar) for the fun dives, Marijana for letting me use your GoPro accessories and Sam for organizing all my dive to allow myself to experience the best diving spot in a short period of time !Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was my first travel in two years since Covid and I am glad my husband had made a good choice in choosing Angel Diver for our 5-day trip to the Perhentian Island.
We are travelling with a group of friends, who took the open water course with Instructor Dailos. The group was a bit anxious at first as some of them were not very good at swimming but Dailos definitely did a good job and taught them all the skills and techniques while maintaining the good fun!
My husband and I did fun dives with Dailos, Ana and Ylenie who were all very experienced instructors and knew the dive sites very well. The dive requirements were well mantained and the dive shop was well organised.
I would highly recommend Angel Diver to anyone who wants to explore the underwater world.
**However**, since we were travelling during the end of Ramadan and the start of Hari Raya and the island is mainly operated by local Malay, most of the restaurants were closed in the morning, so no breakfasts were served. Eventually, when the restaurants were opened, they were overloaded with orders ( at one dinner it took us 3 hours to have our food on the table since we placed the order). So you might want to check with the local traditions and bring some foods yourself just in case.Written 5 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing place to learn free diving. Friendly and fun instructors that will surely make your experience even better. Definitely will be back for moreWritten 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There are many diving schools on this island, I randomly picked Monkey Dives and I absolutely enjoyed my stay and even extended twice. The people are really nice and professional divers.
The dorm is quite basic, don't expect much from it but I did have a good night sleep. There is an AC in the room, which is great. Unfortunately no lockers or private electricity plugs at every bed. But hey, you're on a tropical island for diving, you don't need all that luxury, right?!
So Monkey Dives is a recommendation if your looking for a nice and cheap(!) stay at Perhentian Island!Written 25 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My friend & I did the open water course with Nicole and she was very patient with us. She is also friendly and easy to get along with! I was nervous the whole time but she kept reminding me to be relaxed and just enjoy diving. So glad that I took the course with Nicole, because I couldn’t imagine if it was with another instructor. Thank you so much Nicole & Aslam! Hope to see you again for another dive session 😉Written 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were a group of 6 friends staying in Perhentian Kecil for 4 nights. We chose this place due to its good reviews and it did not disappoint!
The location is perfect. You have one of the best spots on long beach. The team running the place are super helpful and always making you feel welcome. The only point to improve are the toilets.
As for the diving, they are very professional about everything and the equipment provided is in good shape. They have good prices and knowledgable guides.
Overall, I think this is one of the best spots in Perhentian Kecil, both for scuba diving and for accommodation.Written 24 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Claudia is an exceptional freediving teacher! My daughter and I travelled from Australia to train Level 1 and Advanced Freediving. And Perhentian a beauitful location to train!Written 7 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A friend and I dived with this dive centre during our recent holiday in Perhentian. This is the in-house dive centre of the Mimpi Perhentian Resort in Perhentian Kecil Island. Both of us did a total of 10 dives, including the mandatory check-out dive, whereby the dive master observes the guests' diving skills, in order to select suitable dive sites around Perhentian according to the guests' skill level.
There are 29 official dive sites around the Perhentian Islands, at the time of writing this review. My friend and I got to dive the famous Sugar Wreck of Perhentian, as well as the Tokong Laut dive site, also known as Temple of the Sea. Both of these dive sites are not for newbie divers, both of us are advanced open water divers with many logged dives under our belts. Some of the other dive sites we dived at were; the Vietnamese wrecks, the police wreck, Tanjung Basi, D'Lagoon, Batu Layar, Batu Nisan, Terembu Tiga and Laluan Naga. We saw many beautiful creatures of the ocean here; giant stingrays, lots of puffer fish, moray eels, green humphead parrotfish, schools of cardinals, yellowtail wrasse, titan triggerfish, etc. Both my friend and I enjoyed our diving with this dive centre tremendously and I would certainly return to dive with them in the future.
This dive centre offers excellent service to all guests; their dive masters help to change the air cylinders after each dive, they help to wash your dive equipment after the last dive each day and hang your equipment up to dry in a secure storage room. And at the end of your diving holiday, they will help you to wash your dive equipment thoroughly and dry them, in time for you to collect them and put them into your luggage for your journey home! Both my friend and I brought our own dive equipment, such as BCD's, regulators, fins, masks, DSMB's, etc. And the staff of this dive centre helped us to wash and dry all of these equipment, in time for our journey home, absolutely Free of Charge!!! You couldn't get better service than this anywhere else! Most other dive centres leave you to take care of your equipment on your own.
A HUGE kudos and THANK YOU to Uwei, Benny, Sahur, Ah Loong, Daniel and Naomi, for running a great dive centre at the Mimpi Resort. All of them are qualified PADI dive masters, a few of them are qualified dive instructors. The Below the Surface Divers also offers PADI dive courses, ranging from Discover Scuba Diving(DSD) to Dive Master. I highly recommend this dive centre to anyone who is interested in learning scuba diving or want to try and see how it feels like, to go diving under the sea and look at many wonderful creatures of the Ocean Kingdom.Written 27 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- These are the most romantic places for tours in Pulau Perhentian Kecil:See more romantic tours in Pulau Perhentian Kecil on Tripadvisor