- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- If you enjoy people watching and variety of dining options, Long Beach is the place to go. You can find everything from lower-end to the more premium meals—though they are mostly either of Malay, Thai, Western or seafood varieties. The vibrant beach environment is great and it especially bustles at night with party music. There are multiple fire shows at night happening in different places between 7.30-8.30pm on the northern part of the beach. But the main highlight is the one happening around 10pm or 11pm at Black Tip Beach Bar (check the exact time with the bar).Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a good short, but steep hike up rewarded with a breathtaking view. Wished they fixed the jetty so more people can go down and explore. A portion of the jetty is cordoned off by barb wires, but some people attempt to climb down the missing stairs. However, you can already take a good photo even just at the top part of the stairs.
The start of the hike is from the long beach, there is a signage near the campsite that points you to the start of the hike at the back of the camp site. The start of the hike is a bit steep, then after a few hundred meters, it will be an easy climb as the path is smooth. A few meters from the tower, you will find the two windmills cordoned by wire so you can't really touch the windmills. Follow the path around the windmills and you will see the stairs going to the Jetty. Enjoy!
Bring your own water and some mosquito repellant.Written 6 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My partner & I could not ignore the beautiful floating white mosque which was on Perhentian Kecil Island. Hence, a day before checking-out & after our hiking adventure, we decided to pay a visit to the island. We took a water taxi across from Perhentian Besar Island & was charged RM15 per person.
The floating mosque was called “Ar-Rahman Mosque.” The late Dr Rahman saw that there was a need for a new mosque to be built in his hometown of Pulau Perhentian Kecil as the old one could no longer cater to the island’s growing population. Moreover, the island was one of the more popular island resorts in Malaysia known to both local & international tourists. Dr Rahman’s proposal to the then Chief Minister was approved as it would augur well with the tourism industry & construction began in 2011.
The cost of the floating mosque came to a whopping RM13.5 million. Part of its structure was built in the water to reduce the usage of land area, making it look like a floating mosque. This architectural design would certainly add to its uniqueness, drawing much attention & crowd from tourists. Also, the mosque would be equipped with the relevant facilities for the comfort of its Muslim worshippers.
When we arrived at the mosque, the 1st thing that we saw was its single minaret. The structure was built in the water. We also had the opportunity to see one of the prayer halls which was in an open area. Its tiled floor had an Islamic motif. There was also a kitchen with workers. We had to go through the kitchen in order to sit at a staircase leading to the open sea.
We were happy to witness that the mosque was widely used by the community. Dr Rahman would have been very proud to know that his legacy had brought much joy & benefit to the islanders.Written 13 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Busy bar on Long Beach.. But really a late nightime spot. Backpackers dream. Loads of booming music and spectacular fire show. Reasonable prices on beer and drinks. Seating on beach with small tables. A really popular place with 20 to 30 age bracket. Raj barman good entertainer. Great card tricks. Recommended for drink fuelled nights.Written 31 July 2018