- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
172 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 172
What travellers are saying
- The views at the Falls are outstanding. Last year my son and I made it to the very top to check out the lake. Warning, going to the lake is a LONG way. Every time you see someone along the path the common response is "it's not much further" Be ready to go a lot further. Definitely an enjoyable hike that does not disappoint.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I spent a lot of time with a wintering '76 and family ski and summer trips over the years. The town was attractive as it has been a 'real working' town with a history and nearby ranches still operating unlike Vail or Aspen et all. I had not been here in summer for many years and BOY has it grown, with lots of traffic and congestion unlike the sleepy summer town I remembered. Traffic HORRIBLE at peak hours.
That said, many great restaurants and summer activities and great venues like the Botanical Gardens and National Forest and wilderness areas.
Concern is the resort is adding a second mountain gondola and aims to become the second largest ski resort in NA. IMO bigger is not always better and I have concerns about Resort able to handle even bigger crowds.Written 16 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are so glad that this place was recommended to us by a colleague. It is very close to Steamboat Springs, however, there is a 3 mile dirt road up a hill to get to this gem. The entrance fee is $20 per person and that includes access to several hot spring pools at varying temperatures. The setting is picturesque with beautiful flowers and landscaping with lunge chairs and umbrellas. The bathrooms/ changing areas were rustic, yet modern. Overall we had a great time at Strawberry Park and would recommend to others.Written 5 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are looking for great scenery and a place to relax in the morning or afternoon I would say this is a great spot. A lot to take in and look at. The osprey nest is especially cool. Great photo opps!Written 8 August 2022
- My husband and I enjoyed biking this trail as it was pretty flat. :) It was well marked and easy to follow. Recommend it!Written 30 July 2022
- The gondola ride was open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in the summer. It is much longer and higher than I initially expected, about a 15 minute ride. At the top are great views, some hiking trails and the ski lodge. Cost is $35.00 per ticket, which seems a bit pricey.Written 9 August 2022
- This was so much fun. We were a family of 6 with early 20 age kids. I was a little nervous booking this as I wasn't sure if it was more aimed at little kids, but this is great for all ages. There was another family there with us with younger kids and they had fun bumping into us and vice versa. This is not something you see very often so take advantage of it.Written 22 July 2022
- 50 minute drive from Steamboat; park and hike to Lake Gilpen. Expect 5-6 hours round trip but well worth the experience! There are many other trails connected and nearby.Written 24 August 2020
- We went for the "free Sundays" experience. Super nice staff, they open at 10am but they gave us our free lift tickets at 9:45am, which helped.Written 30 March 2022
- This is specifically about their FREE historical walking tour lasting 1 1/2 hours.
The guide spent a half-hour on the museum porch talking about the early history of Steamboat Springs and then the last hour involved walking through the downtown and learning about the architecture and history of the old buildings.
This is a great tour for those people who like to know some of the backstory of a community.
Highly recommend.Written 28 July 2022
- We parked at Dumont Lake and hiked to rabbit ears pass from there. I didn't know there was parking to the east of the Campground, so this added some more mileage! Started at 830 am and we were back at our car by 1pm. The hike is through a bunch of wildflowers that were spectacular! Bring water and bug spray. There's a small creek about half way that is loaded with mosquitoes. The top part of the hike to rabbit ears is steep! We killed time at the top, so the hike can be completed a lot faster. Also you can 4 wheel up closer to minimize walking, and can quad to the top. Great hikeWritten 29 July 2022
- My wife and myself went here for a morning of instruction and shooting and loved it,(the reviews are not wrong)! Maureen is awesome and can teach anyone to shoot sporting clays. Awesome way to spend the morning when we were in Steamboat!!Written 17 July 2022
- This was my second trip with Powdercats and it was great each time. The guides are knowledgeable and friendly and the skiing is absolutely great. I would skip skiing the rest of the season if it meant I could do this trip every year.Written 21 February 2022
- Only a 10-minute drive from Steamboat Springs Ski resort, we hiked here on days when the resort lift lines were too long. Hiking was fun (and challenging if you choose Lane of Payne or Root Canal trails!) and we enjoyed seeing the cross country skiiers, bikers, and snowshoers sharing the trails. Lots of people bring their dogs (mostly off leash but friendly). Free parking on the nearby streets.Written 5 March 2021
- Cool brewpub was just down the road from our condo, so it was a convenient stop. 25 beers on tap so you won’t complain about not having a beer to satisfy your thirst. Beer only, but there is a burger joint upstairs. Big indoor, good sized outdoor areas. Tough parking with limited spaces, so best to walk. Cute server was fun to talk to.Written 8 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Steamboat Springs