- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
What travellers are saying
- Got there early for a tour on Valentine's Day, tour was booked solid so the place was lively. Got two cocktails while chatting with the helpful and informative bartenders, both were excellent. Very focused on their amazing spirits and really showcasing what they are doing at Chicago Distilling Company! Had a draft cocktail just before the tour began, also great, a really neat idea born of marketing but wonderfully executed.
Next the tour, Master Brewer Johnathon gave us all the information one could want on distilling in this amazing space and even though the tour was packed with folks he managed it well. Super informative and educational, I had an amazing time. Tastings during the tour sealed the deal for me on whether I'd be taking some of their wares home (3 bottles and I'll be back) and really highlighted the amazing products they are making.
If you like gin, bourbon or rye then you'd be doing yourself a disservice walking past this place and not getting a drink. Straight up their rye may be the best I have ever had. In a cocktail it was alao wonderful (had it in the rye focused sazerac and it as a winner).
A true gem of the city and the neighborhood, I look forward to returning some time soon and will make it a regular stop if I have guests or visitors even slightly interested in distilling!Written 15 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I booked a cocktail making class here at the distillery. Upon arrival, we had a really great welcome cocktail that they made for us. We were given a tour of the distillery and learned all about the family run business. It's actually a pretty cools story. It was also really awesome to hear about how they work with places like City Winery, Goose Island, Metric coffee, the Aviary, etc. After the tour we got a quick overview on cocktail tools and a little cocktail 101. We all made a basic cocktail on our own together. Then we were challenged to create our own signature cocktail drink. We were free to taste and try to combine anything on our own before we submitted our final drink to be judged. We made a few bad flavor profiles but we finally found one that we like. We mixed it up wrote up the recipe and submitted it. The staff there was a blast and we had a lot of fun mixing a few cocktails with them and our classmates.
We couldn't leave without buying a bottle of the oak aged apple brandy. The evening was about 2 hours and was a ton of fun. I recommend this as something fun to do after dinner.Written 20 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great small brewery in Chicago with a nice variety of beers - some with pug logos!!Unfortunately they were out of sours when we visited. There’s food on the menu as well for those who need something non to go with their drinks. Atmosphere was nice yet busy and crowded. Not overly loud either. Staff was friendly and we didn’t have to wait to get our order.Written 19 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.