- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Architectural Buildings • Observation Decks & Towers
Near North Side
Admission tickets from RM 139.54
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
Neighbourhoods • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Near North Side
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Downtown / The Loop
Admission tickets from RM 204.66
What travellers are saying
- This museum has a little bit of everything for everyone. And it is large enough for you to dedicate a full day if you want. But you could also do a highlight tour within a couple of hours if you were so inclined. Really, this is a great museum, and you’re sure to find something of interest in the museum. You’re likely going to the museum regardless of this review if you’re visiting Chicago, but here’s one more review saying you should goWritten 25 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thomas Pettiti, Esquire Loved The Windy City even from 103 Floors above city streets! JUST DO IT! AMAZING VIEWThomas Pettiti, Esquire on another awesome adventure through downtown Chicago and up 103 floors to dance 🕺 like Michael Jackson while looking down at the entire city! The Ledge was completely amazing and great for everyone! We walked to The Bean afterwards and then stopped for helado break! Highly recommend Expedited Tour!!Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Given the proximity to "corner of Wabash and Lake" used by Neo and Trinity to exit the Matrix, this piece of art is just trippy enough to be worthy of its proximity to the legendary location used in The Matrix. Best view is from the bottom wher it feels you're in a gigantic kaleidoscope.Written 27 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Its a beautiful park with elaborate gardens, structures, art installations and playground for children as well. One can comfortably spend a few hours relaxing and enjoying the site. The Bean steals the show in the park. Loved it.. Downtown Chicago is fun..Written 28 November 2022
- From shopping to amazing skyscrappers, this part of the city is a must do when visiting. Very Clean!Written 14 November 2022
- It was beautiful to walk - This is by far one of the highlights of my trip to Chicago. Great place to see the architecture and enjoy the passing boatsWritten 26 October 2022
- The fabled Castle, the one-time home of Potter and Honore Palmer on North Lake Shore Drive, is long gone. So are many of Prairie Avenue's historic mansions. But the Richard H. Driehaus Museum still is open to the public, a classic reminder of America's Gilded Age, Located at 40 East Erie Street, at Wabash, near the Magnificent Mile, on Chicago's Near North Side, it is housed within the historic Samuel M. Nickerson House, the 1883 residence of a wealthy Chicago banker. The museum, replete with marble, onyx, carved exotic and domestic woods, glazed tiles and stained glass, does not re-create the Nickerson mansion but rather broadly interprets and displays the prevailing design, architecture and decorating tastes of the Gilded Age. On display are original furnishings from the Nickerson era along with American and European decorative arts of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, including a number of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany. The museum is named after its founder, Richard H. Driehaus, a Chicago businessman, philanthropist and art collector. At the time of its completion in 1883, the mansion was reportedly the most expensive and elaborate private residence in Chicago, having cost $450,000. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and designated a Chicago Historic Landmark in 1977. It was opened to the public in 2008. In addition to the Tiffany works, the Driehaus collection includes over 1,500 objects, including furniture, vases and Favrile glass.Written 27 November 2022
- The Conservatory was a wonderful way to spend the morning. The plants/landscapes were so nice to walk through. The staff was very friendly and plants were identified for easy recognition. I Highly recommend visiting for a peaceful 2 hoursWritten 15 October 2022
- A fantastic trail area along Lake Michigan.
I walked from town to the Aquarium and Field Museum over a couple of different days and enjoyed the Autumn leaves blowing everywhere, the Canada Geese that had come to visit and getting out into the fresh air.
If I'd travelled with friends, I definitely would have hired the bikes and done some additional riding and exploring.
A great open space area for residents and visitors alike.Written 30 October 2022
- One of the great outdoor features in Chicago is this fountain in Grant Park. It was the opening for the TV show Married with Children. It has also been featured in many other shows set in Chicago.
Unfortunately, both times we visited the fountain it was down for repairs, while they started. However, the last day before we left, we caught a glimpse of the fountain working as we left town. I greatly enjoyed this fountain, especially the way it is set against the skyline. It was made for pictures.Written 27 November 2022
- If you're a new visitor to Chicago, or have never taken the trip up to the Skydeck, it's a great way to get your bearings in Chicago.
There's an awesome view of Lake Michigan to you can see exactly how huge it is and great 360 degree views of the entire City.
Definitely worth visiting.Written 30 October 2022
- Ran the loop before sunrise one day. Honestly I must admit that certain parts were too dark to fully take in the view, since I got there at 5:30am. But it was a wonderful run as the sun was coming up.Written 22 September 2022
- I have traveled extensively. This skyline is top of the list in America. Nice to photograph even on a rainy day.Written 8 November 2022
- An absolutely beautiful theater with comfortable seating great views and loose and very good acoustics. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.Written 18 August 2022
- This place is nice with a mix of tourist and regulars. Nice waterfront spot. Take time to see. Great views of the city and buildings. It is free so nothing to loose.Written 29 October 2022