Churches & Cathedrals
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
28 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The old church really had gotten bad with the pealing and chipped old paint. The new paint job has made her look great. There are a few frescoes to see inside but it is a short visit but worth the stop.Written 31 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to move around, lots of selections of handmade, primitive, early 1900s furniture and many advertisement and objects.Written 17 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are in WJ. You must stop the photos are so life like. Most are local that is why we always stop picked up 2 great photos today. Our whole family shops here. Please stop by and take home a small piece of the area.Written 3 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This old west town is a unique venue offering an up close and personal experience with musical artists from all genres of music. Small crowds and plenty of opportunity to meet the artists.Written 24 September 2019
- Visit to see how cheese is made, then go over to store and if you love cheese you will find it there. Also have north carolina products like jar vegetables, candies, fruit cake and many other things.Written 3 October 2022
- I cannot imagine seeing the Mountains any other way. This was amazing! Kyle was super helpful and so nice. Everything about this experience was great.Written 17 November 2022
- I love this store! They have such a great selection of products and the owners are very friendly and helpful. I highly suggest dropping by if you are in West Jefferson!Written 9 April 2022
- Sure, "just a wine shop." Or also a fabulous pitstop while on a girls weekend. I mean, really, what more could you ask for? Amazing selection of wines, well-priced tasting menus, snack trays, and big smiles from the staff. Have had an absolutely amazing time everytime I come in here.Written 23 August 2021
- This is an 18 hole golf course that offers a fun yet challenging game of golf. The majority of the front nine holes are up or downhill. Some are dramatic downhill holes of No. 3 and No. 9 with scenic views and demanding course management. Other holes are subtle uphill holes making the hole play longer than it appears. No. 9 adds the challenge of a lake with green tucked behind trees. Long hitters beware of the lake. The drive needs to be long enough to give a clear shot and avoid group of trees protecting the green. The back nine may have a few flatter holes but they still bring in challenges of bunkers and even a creek or lake. No 9 has challenge of bizarre pot bunkers on the hillside left and a creek in front of green. Greens may be huge with lots of undulation. Consistently great golf course. Take time to enjoy some of the mountain scenery the course offers and delight on shots from the elevated tees.Written 26 September 2021
- We can go to the matinee, get a large popcorn, large drink, a candy and water for $20! We love supporting Parkway Theater. They are a cash only place, so go to the ATM before visiting!Written 4 August 2019
- Where do I even start? The escape room is unlike any I’ve ever seen. The details, clues and workings are VERY unique & the owner changes the escape room up quite often so you can go back for a brand new experience. The store itself has a little bit of everything-essential oils, beard oils, bath bombs, artwork, unique clothing and sooo much more! Definitely worth the trip up the red stairs!Written 10 October 2022
- This is a great place to find things that you did not even know that you needed!
The people are so friendly and helpful, and the prices on average are very reasonable, and many cases really inexpensive for what you get.
Definitely a place we will come back to every chance we can!Written 16 September 2021
- During your time in West Jefferson, you should be certain to meander down the side streets to the specialty shops. We stopped in at this little shop and found a friendly shop owner who took the time to answer our questions and chat about the unique food items he has to offer.
We were able top find a unique HOT BBQ sauce as a gift for our son in law who thinks he is a habanero master. We shall enjoy his reaction to this hot sauce served in a container shaped like a grenade.
We also purchased a deep dish hand made chicken pot pie. I look forward to serving it at brunch with a loaf of crunchy french bread and a garden salad.
Specialty Foods with a unique flair.Written 23 April 2021
- Loved the variety and some of the artwork in this little shop is outstanding! It was nice to see so many different artists' work. So glad they were still open when we stopped by.Written 23 September 2019
- Such an authentic experience and so much fun! We loved it so much that we have annual Movie Lounger VIP passes and we love the perks of being VIPs at the BRML! I have attended a private party with a cool movie showing and also reserved the theater to show a movie to my class. I can’t wait to rent it for my sons in law to play a few video games there!Written 12 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about West Jefferson
- The most popular things to do in West Jefferson with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in West Jefferson on Tripadvisor